Unfamiliar Territory

I Saw You From Across The Room

Nayeon woke up and stretched her legs in bed, the soft sheets warm beneath her but the one on top was cooling and she smiled at the memory of last night as she opened her eyes. Surprised by the space she had in the bed, she looked next to her and sighed, Jeongyeon wasn't there but in her place was small note and a bunch of flowers. Smiling as she read the note which explained abo ut Jeongyeon's absence because of work and telling her to make herself at home, Nayeon sniffed the flowers and lay them down carefully on the side table as she got out of bed and put on a shirt and a pair of Jeongyeon's boxers before shuffling out of the bedroom yawning.

The tricky thing was that she hadn't had the pleasure of a tour the night before so she had to find the bathroom without accidentally walking into Jeongyeon's sister's room and causing a commotion this early in the morning. Rubbing her eyes a little to wake herself up, she was startled by the sight of Seungyeon making her coffee rather noisily. The hagard looking woman smiled halfheartedly and bowed politely. "If you're looking for the bathroom it's the second door on the right, between Jeong's room and mine. I'm Seungyeon by the way, nice to meet you...", she walked over to Nayeon and held her hand out to shake.

Nayeon smiled weakly and shook the hand, bowing a little lower than she needed and hearinga chuckle as she stood back up, her voice faltering out of embarrassment. "Oh, i..im..Nayeon, Im Nayeon. Nice to meet you." Thankfully at that moment, Seungyeon's phone rang and she apologised as she took the call and left the house, coffee in hand. Nayeon felt better about being here since Jeongyeon's sister was so nice and she smiled as she finally found the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

Jeongyeon stood in the middle of a daydream, the cafe was empty and she had nothing to do except remember the night before and how Nayeon had trusted her completely, the love between them had strengthened immeasurably in those moments and she really truely loved Nayeon so much that she wished she was home right now but Taeyeon was busy with Tiffany and the baby and her shift didn't end for another two hours, her hands held her tired head up and she felt her eyes droop out of boredom.

"Did you miss me?", Jeongyeon's eyes flew open as she felt kisses on the back of her neck and she turned to see Nayeon stood there, grinning at the sudden appearance of her girlfriend, she flung her arms around her and without a care who saw them, she passionately kissed Nayeon until she needed to breathe and she whispered three words she'd been waiting all day to say, "I love you.".