A Good Day

I Saw You From Across The Room

Once her meeting with head office was done, Taeyeon let her tightly bunned hair loose and called Tiffany, she was a new mother and missed both her son and her girlfriend so much even when she left for a few hours. After she was reassured that Kang-Dae was fine and so was she, Tiffany held the phone to him and Taeyeon's heart leapt as she heard him gurgling happily. Walking home was made better by her newly acquired memory form the call and so she popped into the cafe on her way back to pick up two coffees to go and something sweet to go with them.

The staff all bowed politely as they saw thier boss enter, she was dressed immaculately and they supposed she had had a meeting of some sort. It was clear she wasn't coming in to work today but they made her order quickly and with hapiness in their hearts as her warmth was infectious. It probably helped that she was now showing pictures of Kang-Dae in all his adorableness which made the women broody and the men almost equally as bad but they were men so they didn't exhibit it the same.

It was a lovely sunny day so Jeongyoen decided to walk to work early and Nayeon had to go to her parent's house, even though they were apart, they made sure to stay in contact as much as possible with non-stop texts passing between them. As she read the latest barrage of hearts and kissing emoji, she turned into the cafe and saw all the employees gathered around one table, they all looked around as she entered and she had the sudden urge to turn around and leave as though she was in trouble for something but she smiled and enetered anyway.

Nayeon knocked on her parent's door and waited with her gift for them, she was only waiting for a moment until her father opened the dor and pulled her into a hug. Laughing at the sudden contact, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and her thoughts sailed back to Jeongyeon who was probably busy starting her shift right now. "Hi dad!, how are you and mum?. I'm sorry it's been so long but I came to spend the day with you both, I hope that's ok?.", her father grinned and held her at arms length to look her up and down before declaring she was too pale and asking if she'd eaten yet.

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes at his questioning, she followed him inside and looked around to remind herself of how the place hadn't changed since the last time she'd been here. It had only been a few months but it felt like years to her parents and she knew it, she momentarily felt bad and went to the bathroom to wash her face while her father made himself busy in the kitchen.

Cold water took her breath away as she remembered the message waiting to be opened on her phone and dried her face and hands before reading it, it was of course from Jeongyeon but it confused her for a second. There were only two words: 'come outside', still a little perplexed and wondering where her mother was, she walked out of the bathroom looking at her phone and almost bumped into the doorframe to the living room.

She could hear her father washing something in the kitchen, most likely dishes and she walked to the front door just as she had been instructed and looked up as she deposited her phone into her pocket. Open mouthed, she was confronted with a picnic table laden with all kinds of food and sat there was Jeongyeon. Why wasn't she at work and why was she sat next to Nayeon's mother?, no sooner had she thought this than her father pushed past her and put another dish down on the already full table.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAYEON!" was shouted and she blushed with embarrassment as she was ushered forward by her father to sit down and eat.