A Glimpse Into The Future

I Saw You From Across The Room

'Hwang Kang-Dae', the label on his cot stated his name and his birth weight, along with his birth mother's name. Taeyeon held his tiny hand in hers gently and beamed at him, Tiffany was fast asleep next to the cot and their little boy was wriggling enthusiastically but quietly as Taeyeon picked him up to change him. Humming softly as she carried him to the changing table, she laid him down and played peek-a-boo with him before cleaning up his mess and re-dressing him.

Carrying him back to his cot and laying him down, she smiled as the nurse came to check on both baby and mother, checking off items on her clipboard and bowing to Taeyeon as she left the room again. It had only been three days but they were going home tomorrow and so as soon as her son fell asleep and she checked Tiffany was also asleep, she made a last check of their hospital bag and climbed in bed with Tiffany falling asleep quickly herself.

Nayeon lifted her head slowly and realised she had overslept immediately, she slapped Jeongyeon across her bare stomach hard and giggled as her girlfriend jolted awake. Pretending to be asleep, her body shaking with laughter as she was attacked with tickles, she protested and pointed out that they were late and watched as Jeongyeon bounced off the bed and threw clothes at her.

"Yah! calm down will you. It's only the first day of term, not like it's important or anything.", Nayeon yelped as more clothes rained down on her and she begrudgingly got dressed, Jeongyeon dressing herself too, she would be accompanying Nayeon to college on her first day and then going straight to work afterwards. It was going to be a long day and she knew it but as long as she could see Nayeon for a while at either end of her shift, she was happy.

They walked close but not hand in hand as they didn't want to be gossiped about on campus, a brief hug and a sneaky peck on the cheek from Jeongyeon and she was watched by Nayeon as she walked away. Her phone pinging as she grinned reading a text from her saying she already missed her and she would be counting down the seconds until they saw each other again. Texting back quickly, Jeongyeon was almost ran over but she looked up in time and apologised to the irrate driver who honked his horn overly long as he sped away.

There was a commotion at the cafe as she walked in and as soon as the staff members parted, she saw why. Taeyeon was stood in the centre with a tiny human being in her arms and a broad smile on her face. Jeongyeon stepped closer but didn't want to overcrowd so she stood a little behind some other staff members until she was ushered forwards and came face to face with her boss and the new baby. Taeyeon looked between them both and held him out for her to take, awkwardly she made a cradle with her arms and held him carefully, he weighed almost nothing and her heart melted as he smiled at her.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, say hello to Mr Hwang Kang-Dae...maybe soon you and Nayeon will be ready for your own baby huh?", Jeongyeon looked at her and smiled awkwardly, she hadn't thought that far into the future but she liked the idea of a family with Nayeon and was just about to let her imagination carry her away when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she handed Kang-Dae back to Taeyeon slowly.

Unlocking her phone, she asked Taeyeon for a photo with the both of them and took it quickly as she typed a note to send with it, Nayeon would soon open her message and see her potential future, obviously not Taeyeon and her baby but Jeongyeon and their baby. Jeongyeon waited nervously for a reply to her message 'This could be us one day honey', her phone buzzed after an eternity and her heart leapt at Nayeon's response.

"I love you so much Yoo Jeongyeon....and our future baby".