Consequences And Bold Actions

I Saw You From Across The Room

"Uuuuh...I can explain...i'm so sorry Miss Kim..I understand if you want to fire me, you shouldn't have had to see that..", Jeongyeon couldn't look Taeyeon in the face as she apologised profusely while bowing her head beside an extremely embarrassed Nayeon who also didn't make eye contact out of sheer shame for her behaviour. Taeyeon remained silent as she sat in her office chair, opposite the two girls, thinking about what to do with them before she spoke.

Jeongyeon eventually fell silent and Taeyeon sighed before answering her newest employee, "I'm not going to fire you Jeongyeon, you're both young and new to this relationship. I understand passion comes at random and sometimes you can't help but act upon your impulses. I do however have to give you a verbal warning this time and ask that Miss Im doesn't venture behind the counter from now on, it's nothing personal but if anyone else sees her where only staff are allowed then they'll think i'm giving you preferential treatment. You can go now ladies and I hope you remember what happened tonight as an example of what none of us want to feel again. Goodnight Jeongyeon, see you for your shift in the morning. Goodnight Miss Im, get home safely ok?."

Taeyeon sat back in her chair and closed her eyes as the two girls left the office, her phone ringing seconds later. She answered it and reassured Tiffany that she would be home very soon and she missed her enormously. Picking up her keys as she hung up the phone, she grabbed her handbag and crossed the room to her office door, leaving the cafe minutes later and making sure to lock the door tight behind her.

"I'm so embarrassed Jeongie, I don't think I can look at Taeyeon ever again. We should have waited for home.", Nayeon cringed as Jeongyeon chuckled to herself and a small fist tapped her on the arm in punishment for her not taking the situation more seriously. The streets were all but deserted and Jeongyeon took the opportunity to twirl Nayeon around to face her as she stood against a shop's shutters and kissed her passionately, hands resting on her and the breath stuttering once at Nayeon's surprise.

A shine of headlights passed them by but they were too engrossed in one another and they barely noticed the morning creeping in as an ever faithful husband rushed back home with his wife's lastest craving in a carier bag. He could only afford a cursory glance at them and smiled at young love as he passed. The street lamps extinguished themselves one by one as they finally took a breath, staring into each other's eyes as they moved apart and their hands found each other's as they resumed their journey home before the sun came up on another day together.