Family And Forgotten Friends

I Saw You From Across The Room

"Hayeon will be here soon, she's just finished work. She'll be so happy to see you Taeyeon, and you Tiffany. Of course I can't forget my favourite little guy can I?, grandma loves you so much.", Taeyeon smiled politely as Kang-Dae was handed over to her mother and she grimaced subtly at Tiffany as she heard baby voice engage whilst her mother took their son into his grandfather's study. Tiffany took her hand and squeezed it reassuringly as they sat together on the sofa and closed their eyes in relaxation.

There was a pattering of tiny hands making their way towards the sleeping parents and as he reached them, Kang-Dae used all of his strength to attempt to stand up, using Tiffany's legs as support. He had just pulled himself up off of his knees when he was swept up and scooped into his aunt's arms, he giggled as she blew raspberries on him, aunty Hayeon was his favourite, she was even better than grandma.

Faint but unmistakeable vibrations were coming from the table and Taeyeon's phone was doing it's best to turn full circle as it tried to tell her she had a call to answer. As she walked into the room and noticed the phone, Taeyeon's mother picked it up and answered whilst letting her daughter and her partner sleep. "Yes?, this is Kim Taeyeon's phone, i'm afraid she's asleep right now, may I ask who's calling?", she listened for a while and remembered the name and the message quite clearly before hanging up the call and replacing the phone on the table. Finding a scrap of paper and a pen, she scribbled down the message and the caller's name and went to prepare dinner for her family.

The day felt like it dragged on and Nayeon waited at her favourite table, gazing at Jeongyeon as she worked and not taking any notice of her friend who had just sat next to her. "YAH!, IM NAYEON! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!", Nayeon shook out of her daydream state and looked Momo directly in the eye before hugging her tight, she had missed her friend and felt truly sorry for abandoning her whilst she was in her own little love nest with Jeongyeon. The volume in which Momo had shouted had startled everyone and one by one they had all looked back to see what the commotion was about, only Jeongyeon's eyes lingered on the table's occupants.

"Sorry Momo, I was daydreaming. I missed you, how have you been?", her tone was sincere and she kept eye contact with Momo as she asked but all the while she felt Jeongyeon's eyes waiting to meet hers and she had to fight the urge to turn her head several times over. As Momo launched into another one of her long winded stories on the life and times of Hirai Momo, Nayeon felt her attention slipping away and was glad when a familiar voice interrupted with a fresh drink for her and the one Momo had obviously ordered for herself before sitting down. "Your drinks ladies, will there be anything else?", Nayeon looked at the drinks and allowed her eyes to travel upwards into the face of her lover as she fell into the bottomless pit that she always did when she looked at Jeongyeon. Momo sighed as she contented herself with drinking slowly as the two girls remained almost motionless in each other's gravitational pull, she wondered why she ever agreed to meet Nayeon here but she was glad her friend had finally found her forever.