Beans!!

I Saw You From Across The Room

There was no other way to describe it, the situation had reached critical level and a panic had ensued alarmingly fast, how difficult had it been to type '30' into a quantity bar?. Apparently very hard, Jeongyeon cringed and grimaced as her colleagues scowled and practically tripped over 300 bags of freshly ground coffee beans. It was the weekend so she was the only person scheduled to work aside from the manager, the latter now making calls to the supplier and trying her hardest not to lose her temper as she said through gritted teeth, "Who in their right mind, orders 300 bags all at once?". Anyone would be remiss to think the problem wasn't so bad at 300 bags, but these weren't 300 small manageable bags, they were 300 sacks which each weighed a respective 60kg.

Warm tears were welling up in Jeongyeon's eyes as she made her way sluggishly up the stairs to Taeyeon's office and heard the telephone unceremoniously slammed back into it's cradle. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door and walked in cautiously as she was summoned with an acidic "Yes?". Closing the door behind her, Jeongyeon shuffled like an old lady into the room and watched her feet only until she reached the desk and looked up to see a thoroughly worn out Taeyeon staring back at her, head in hands. "How can I help Jeongyeon?, before you say anything, I don't blame you at all. I've done it myself, it's an easy mistake to make and not a single employee hasn't made a similar one within their first year of working here.". Jeongyeon felt her eyes fill with tears again but managed to keep them at bay as she bowed apologetically to her boss, the ability to speak had abandoned her completely.

"I'm sorry Miss Kim, I was so sleepy and I must have misread the number. It won't happen again, I promise. I just wanted to apologise to you and ask if there was a way I could help make things right again?". The words were barely out of when the office door was thrown open and Nayeon came in panting from her sprint up the stairs, she was being restrained gently by an employee who looked mortified that he'd let her get this far and he kept his eyes down as he tried to claw her back out of the room. Taeyeon smiled and told him it was ok and to let Nayeon enter. The young man complied and even in his confused state, he rushed back to the cafe and continued to offer his assistance in the storage process. Once he had left and the office was once again engulfed in silence, Taeyeon sat forward and sighed, though her face was still tired looking, her tone of voice had returned to it's neutral tone and Nayeon took this as her opportunity to approach the desk and place the invitation, along with their R.S.V.P of 'yes', in front of her. Stepping back, she took Jeongyeon's hand in hers and smiled as she felt warm fingers give hers a gentle squeeze in response.

Jeongyeon looked up and sniffed back the ever present tears waiting to fall and looked at Nayeon smiling. It was a moment before anyone said anything and it was Taeyeon who did so, snapping the lovers back to the room and away from each other's longing gaze. They could hear the happiness in her voice as she stood up, walked over to them and enveloped each in turn into a hug, pausing in front of them both as she said in finality of the situation: "Jeongyeon, you are wholeheartedly forgiven. Nayeon, I expect you to keep this one out of trouble and I look forward to seeing you at the wedding!".