Helpless

I Saw You From Across The Room

"Baby, can you come here please, something's wrong", Taeyeon winced at Tiffany's words as she entered the room a little sheepishly with the laundry she had just folded. Tiffany was stood next to the bed with her hand cradling her stomach and a small pool of blood by her feet, she was sobbing and shaking so Taeyeon took a deep breath as she grabbed towels from the laundry and spread them out on the bed, she rushed over, taking Tiffany's weight against her, she lay her down on top of the towels and found her phone, calling for an ambulance and holding Tiffany's hand in comfort as she kept her worries to herself.

The ambulance arrived and Taeyeon explained what she knew, which was nothing really, she just filled in the gaps for Tiffany and worried at how pale she was. The paramedics took over and checked her levels before bringing a trolley in to take her to the ambulance. Taeyeon stood in the doorway, helpless and worried for the both of them, her girlfriend and their baby. A reassuring hand on her shoulder from the paramedic was a little comfort but she was on autopilot as she followed them into the back of the ambulance and they set off for the nearest hospital.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon arriced at the cafe early hand in hand and took the opportunity to cuddle, talking about their dream vacations and who they would take, Jeongyeon joked that she would take Tiffany so Taeyeon could stay and look after the cafe whilst Nayeon worked her shift. Pouting in a pretend sulk, Nayeon felt Jeongyeon's lips touch hers briefly and smiled with her eyes closed, expecting more but getting nothing as Jeongyeon reminded her where they were.

One of the other employees arrived in her casual clothes and pressed a notice up onto the glass door which Jeongyeon and Nayeon read before the woman left with a polite bow and smile. We regret to inform all customers and staff that due to a family emergency, the cafe will be closed until further notice. Please come back to check daily in case we are open, we thank you for your patience in these difficult times and thank you for your loyalty. Miss Kim Taeyeon, Owner.

They looked at each other as Jeongyeon pulled out her phone and tried to call Taeyeon to wish her well but it went to voicemail so she left a message instead with their support and love. Nayeon interlocked her fingers with Jeongyeon's and smiled reassuringly, they walked to Jeongyeon's place and she got changed into her casual wear while Nayeon waited in the living room.

"Surprise!, what do you think?", Nayeon was taken aback as Jeongyeon appeared in her most summery outfit with a pair of sunglasses and a beach bag over her shoulder. Nayeon jumped up from the sofa and walked over in a mock outfit inspection, she looked as serious as she could and stood in front of Jeongyeon who was grinning enthusiastically. "I was thinking about what we were talking about earlier and I thought why don't we go to the.....", she was cut off as Nayeon punched the air and shouted.

"THE BEACH!!!!!!"