Anticipation

I Saw You From Across The Room

It was boring waiting for someone to contact you first, Nayeon hoped that Taeyeon had passed the napkin on to the right person instead of just throwing it away. Oh no, what if she had been too full on giving out her number already?, It was too soon wasn't it?. Rolling around on her bed like a child who had been grounded and kept in their room all day, she closed her eyes and sighed, her phone remained silent and she thought of the awkwardness of going back to the cafe and having to see her again.

Screwing up her eyes, shewas startled by a knock at her bedroom door, it was Momo who'd come to check on her after so many frantic and worried texts. She took one look at her sulky friend hiding half under the duvet and laughed. Nayeon could be so immature when she wanted to be and this whole mess wasn't helping. Sitting on the end of the bed, she made a drama out of flopping on top of the duvet and a fed up Nayeon.

"Would it make you feel better if we scoped out the cafe incognito?, we can pretend to be spies?", Nayeon whipped the duvet off and pouted at Momo and her ridiculous idea. Even if they wore disguises, it was the middle of summer and they would look odd, plus most of the staff knew her so they'd probably recognise her instantly, especially when it came time to order.

"....oh fine!, but there's no need for a disguise..let's just get it over with so we can come back and I can die from loneliness in peace", Momo shook her head at the negativity in her friend's voice and set about sorting through Nayeon's clothes until she found a suitable outfit. Nayeon lay completely still and made no effort to help as Momo dropped an outfit onto her bed and told her to hurry up getting dressed or she'd go without her.

Tiffany woke up and swung her legs over the side of the bed, gasping at the aches that came with being pregnant, instantly Taeyeon sat up and caressed her back, asking if she was ok, to which Tiffany nodded and told her she was going to the bathroom. She really wished Taeyeon would stop fussing and almost willed their baby to be born just so they'd be back to normal again.

"I'll take the day off today and come to the hospital with you ok honey?, i'm excited to find out what we're having!", If you could bottle Taeyeon's excitement and sell it, they'd be rich at this moment but it was getting on Tiffany's nerves a little and so she didn't answer more than agreement to the first part. She busied herself with getting Tiffany's things together and grabbing her own keys before remembering they both still had to get dressed and so their morning continued in the hectic way that expectant parents always acted when they were so close to delivery day.

Momo felt foolish as she sat down in her sunglasses and floppy sunhat but Nayeon had gone back on her decision to not wear disguises and so here they sat, both in the same disguise. The sunglasses were a good way to make sure that Nayeon could ogle Jeongyeon all she wanted without her knowledge but she didn't seem to be in just yet so she sulked a little as Momo went to order drinks at the counter.

"Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?", Nayeon closed her eyes briefly and off her sunglasses, she looked towards the familiar voice which was very close to her left ear, that fragrance was familiar too. Her heart leapt as Jeongyeon took Momo's vacant seat across from her and grinned, much to the dismay of the now drinks laden Momo who huffed as she pulled up a chair and sat beside them both and looked between them.

Nayeon didn't know what to say but she didn't have to, she'd forgotten her hand was lying absently on the table and smiled shyly as a warm hand was placed over it. Momo had had enough of being a third wheel and stormed off to another table with her drink, sipping it loudly as she watched them. Jeongyeon's thumb caressed the back of Nayeon's hand and it tickled a little but they stared into each other's eyes and got lost for what felt like an eternity.