Him

I Saw You From Across The Room

"I know Tae but we have to hire someone new, or do you want to be a member of staff short again today?. Ok i'm sorry for snapping but my hormones are all over the place right now, I just want to get this interview over with and go home to put my feet up. I forgot my keys, can I borrow yours please mommy?". Taeyeon couldn't resist giving anything to Tiffany when she called her mommy, their baby was only a few months and she was quietly giddy with anticipation. She grabbed her keys and handed them over as she watched Tiffany ease herself into a chair and exhale loudly with the weight finally off of her swollen ankles.

"I really wish you'd leave it to me to run this place and just stay at home getting rest, you're 7 months pregnant you know?. Honestly Tiff, I'll be fine if you want to go already.", she knew her request would fall on deaf ears, Tiffany was a workaholic even through her pregnancy and she sat there now giving Taeyeon a look that told her she was staying exactly where she was thank you. Taeyeon gave up and stood up, leaning over to peck her lover's lips tenderly before leaving the room to greet the potential new employee.

Normally Nayeon would get her coffee and sit down at her usual table watching the familiar staff go about their work but today the place was oddly quiet and she glimpsed a particulary frazzled looking Taeyeon rushing around looking for something and ordering the staff to do more than just stand around twiddling their thumbs. Nayeon sipped her coffee and smiled as Taeyeon looked her way, the answering smile was rushed but Nayeon appreciated it all the same.

She watched Taeyeon as she went over to a table that Nayeon hadn't realised was occupied all this time, sitting down and extending a hand for the handsome boy to shake, Taeyeon opened her folder and Nayeon assumed she was asking all the generic interview questions but she wished she could move closer to hear his replies without seeming creepy and being noticed by every single person there. Resting her chin on her hands, she gazed at him and jumped a little as Momo arrived and sat down opposite her rather noisily, she almost cursed at her for interrupting but realised she shouldn't give away her thoughts about him.

"So, what are we doing today?, shopping?, movie?, dinner?, what??", Nayeon hated Momo's impatience sometimes but she giggled despite herself and tore her eyes away from the guy for a few minutes to look at her as she answered that she was thinking of shopping. Momo grinned and prodded Nayeon, obviously she'd picked up on something and she put her imaginary detective hat on before following her friend's line of sight and gasping a little too audibly for Nayeon's liking. She gently slapped Nayeon's arm and whispered across the table.

"Oh, our little penguin has a cruuuuuuuuuuuush...tell me everything!!!", Nayeon felt her cheeks colour and sipped her drink, avoiding eye contact with Momo and pretending not to hear her as she was bombarded with whispered questions, she glanced sideways and was shocked to see a pair of twinkling eyes looking back at her accompanied by a gorgeous smile. How could she have fallen for him in one afternoon, she didn't know but she wished her heart would stop thumping out of her chest and giving her away.