A Proposition

I Saw You From Across The Room

Jeongyeon stood behind the counter, watching Nayeon as the coffee machine brewed behind her. She smiled at her girlfriend's beauty as she served another customer, the guy wanted a few drinks so she had to take her time and really concentrate but the memory of Nayeon's reply earlier had been stuck on repeat in her brain for the rest of the day since she came in and ordered the usual. Finishing up the man's order and accepting payment, she thanked him as she gave him his change and resumed her watching.

"You know, you are allowed a break Jeongyeon, take it and go and sit with her rather than ogling from afar. I'll look after things here, Tiff has the baby upstairs so i'm free..go!", Taeyeon chuckled at Jeongyeon's eager grin as she watched the young woman undo her apron and discard it on the counter as she made a beeline for Nayeon with a cookie in hand. Taeyeon loved to see young couples, it reminded her of when she first met Tiffany and it warmed her heart to remember.

Pulling the chair out opposite Nayeon, Jeongyeon held the cookie out to her and smiled, sitting down and watching as Nayeon accepted it and leant forward for a kiss, she'd gotten a lot braver since they had started dating and Jeongyeon loved her for it. Leaning forward so their lips briefly met, they sat back at almost the exact same time and giggled.

"Kang-Dae is sooooo cute..I can't wait for our little baby!!...but I have to ask you something first and I want you to take your time thinking about babe, ok?", Jeongyeon's hands were shaking a little because of nerves and even Taeyeon, who was stood watching from the counter could see she was going to say something big and so she almost dropped a customer's change as she lost concentration on what she was doing and quickly had to apologise when she caught her mistake.

Nayeon took a gulp of her coffee and nodded, reaching out to hold Jeongyeon's hands, mostly to settle them but also becaues any contact they had was amazing and still like day one of their relationship in her eyes. She waited patiently for Jeongyeon to speak as Teayeon crept over and mumbled into Jeongyeon's ear that she better spit it out as her break was nearly over. Nayeon was sure that Taeyeon would have given Jeongyeon all the extra time she needed but she realised the tactic the woman had employed and smiled at her appreciatively as she walked away.

Jeongyeon shook her head as if she was thawing from her own deep thoughts and cleared , Nayeon gave her hands an encouraging squeeze as the words tripped from Jeongyeon's mouth. "Will you move in with me?".