Pretending

I Saw You From Across The Room

Jeongyeon was helping Nayeon's mother clear the table as the silence was broken by the latter. "So, Nayeon has moved into your apartment?, I hope she's paying her way, I taught her that if she is shown such hospitality by a friend, she must repay the kindness. You two seem to be good friends, i'm glad she has you, but is there no boyfriend for you two?, you're both such pretty girls.", Jeongyeon almost laughed but held her composure and resigned herself to taking plates to be washed by Nayeon and her father as she shook her head in answer.

"You'll both stay here tonight of course, will you?", it was Nayeon's father's turn to ask the questions as his wife came inside with the last of the things to be washed. Nayeon glanced at Jeongyeon who shrugged and she said they would be happy to, not risking a second glance at her secret girlfriend for fear of seeing a scowl. Everyhting was washed quickly and after a few more awkward questions about boys and a brief biography of Jeongyeon, it was bedtime.

Since it was a one bedroom place, Nayeon's parents let the girls have the bedroom and they found space in the main room next to the kitchen. Jeongyeon felt bad but Nayeon insisted they would be ine and wouldn't have offered if they weren't, plus it was only for the one night. Reluctantly, Jeongyeon followed her inside and slid the door shut, Nayeon wrapped her arms around her and pulled her inside the room, they took out what they needed to sleep on the floor and Nayeon helped Jeongyeon undress before undressing herself, they found spare pyjamas and put them on quickly.

They got into bed and rolled closer, facing each other as they cuddled, it was cold and their body heat was needed for warmth through the night but Jeongyeon couldn't shake the feeling that Nayeon's parents would burst in any minute and it made her feel awkward as she watched Nayeon fall asleep easily. Jeongyeon's phone buzzed and she looked at the message from her boss, smiling before closing her eyes. No matter how she felt, a new photo of Kang-Dae always sheered her up and she pecked Nayeon's lips as she closed her eyes and snuggled closer.

Nayeon's parents tried not to make a sound as they prepared breakfast and wrapped it up for the girls before leaving for the day, they also left a note explaining their abscence and that when they leave could they lock up?. About an hour later, Nayeon woke up and snuggled into Jeongyeon's chest, pecking it slowly and softly as she usually did in her way of waking her up. Jeongyeon smiled sleepily and kissed Nayeon's lips deeply before opening her eyes. They shuffled into the main part of the house and saw the food with the note, reding quickly, Nayeon grinned and put the note back down before turning to face Jeongyeon.

"My parents are away for the day, that means we get the house to ourselves baby, let's go take a shower, I feel like getting you dirty before cleaning you again, come on.", Jeongyeon suddenly felt a little freedom in the knowledge of Nayeon's parent's abscence and was happily pulled by the drawstring of her pyjama bottoms into the bathroom as she closed the door behind them for a steamy morning.