chapter twenty six

the heartthrob's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"where are we going?" sakura asked after having noticed that they were only getting further and further away from their building. the beauty on the other hand ignores her question, still dragging the clueless japanese somewhere. minjoo then sat down on a bench without saying a word while sakura followed suit.

 

the first few minutes were full of awkward silence, not one daring to say something to break the thin ice in between them. sakura smiled bitterly as she recalled those two nights that she was with minjoo back in japan. the first night where she curiously asked what will happen to the both of them after three months, and the night of her confession, a night that turned into a tragedy.

 

"why are we here at the park." the cherry blossom spoke up after gaining the confidence to speak up.

 

"because the stars shine so beautiful, don't you think so? they light up the darkness with a tiny glow." the goddess' response wasn't really that much of a help for the former as it left her a little more puzzled. sakura turn her head to face her, admiring the ethereal beauty right beside her.

 

"yeah, breathtaking." the heartthrob claims without even bothering to avert her gaze to the night sky. from her peripheral view, minjoo was able to notice the piercing stare so she turn aside, locking her gaze with that of the short haired girl.

 

"you think so?" the younger asked and sakura gave her a subtle nod as a response. for a few moments, they were drawn into each other's orbs.

 

she always had that beautiful eyes. a pair where you kinda get lost into, and i guess i did.

 

despite the smiley exterior that the gray haired girl portrays every single time, the brunette was able to see right through her with one glance. sadness. sakura was being haunted by sadness and yet she was able to put up a façade that masks her feelings and emotions behind.

 

"but even with its glamour, the moon will always outshine every single star in the galaxy." minjoo uttered, as if trying to say something behind her abstract words. and sakura caught on to that one.

 

"so is he your moon now?" with that being asked, the beauty was taken aback. it came off so out of the blue that she was unable to think of a response.

 

"of course he is." the older whispered as she breaks their eye contact while chuckling at herself afterwards for being so pathetic for thinking the second time around that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter