chapter ten

the heartthrob's challenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"this is such a bad idea, i look horrible. bloody hell just give me a spare dress kkura-ah." minjoo whined as she opened their bedroom door but still refusing to come outside. sakura couldn't help but chuckle in admiration as to how cute the former looks right now while wearing her llama printed pajamas.

 

"what are you talking about, you don't have to wear something nice to look good. what you wear won't matter, your face does all the work for you so quit your whining sugar plum." an out of nowhere endearment unconsciously slip off of the short haired girl's lips. so sudden that it made the younger's eyes go wide and cheeks go flush.

 

at the same time, the older girl realized what she had said, but she masked off her blushing cheeks by swiftly clasping their hands together and walking ahead of her 'lover'. but still unable to hide the redness forming at the tip of her big ears.

 

inch by inch, the classical music that was echoing across the mansion became louder and louder, and the sound only pressured minjoo even more. she's about to meet sakura's whole family without having to look nicely for it, and what made it worse is the fact that they're not even dating for real.

 

what in the bloody hell am i going to tell her parents? i don't even speak japanese how am i supposed to know what they're saying!

 

before she even knew it, they were already marching downstairs. little by little, they were getting closer and one by one, eyes are being planted on the couple's frame. everyone's attention were on them and some of sakura's relatives began whispering to express their thoughts about the pair's choice of clothing or about the couple themselves.

 

"yep, auntie's going to kill her." hyewon murmured the moment she saw what the two are wearing as she casually munches on the cake. sakura then lead minjoo to a certain couple to which the latter assumes to be the gray haired girl's parents since they all look incredibly alike. right in the middle of them is a cute little boy.

 

"sou-kun! did you miss saa-chan?" the cherry blossom went straight towards the young boy as soon as she caught a glimpse of him. this caused the beauty to be left awkwardly standing all alone as she made eye contact with the older's parents and subsequently bowing her head to show respect.

 

"i want you to meet someone very special to saa-chan. you see that girl? go and say hi, she's going to be your sister-in-law." sakura's brother approached minjoo with tons of enthusiasm to which the latter entertained even though she had no idea what the boy is saying.

 

on the other hand, as sakura watches the two get along with each other just fine, she felt two icy glares being pierced on her back. the gray haired girl turned around to face her parents with her expression immediately turning from a wide grin into a poker face.

 

"really sakura? you and that girlfriend of yours are wearing that. you think this is funny? when will you ever learn, you're not only embarrassing yourself but us as well." her mother said and sakura could only clench her jaw as she tries to hold herself back.

 

"what did i tell you about showing up with a girlfriend in front of the whole family? i want you to be as far away as possible from that girl." this time, it was her father's turn to do the talking. hearing her parent's words hurt her a lot. tears are threatening to fall from her doe eyes, but she refused to show them her weak side.

 

"i didn't come here to please anyone of you nor to see anyone else other than soujiro and grandma. you're the ones who arranged this party, not me. most importantly, i did not come here just so you could talk s about the person i love." with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter