Meetings, Investors, Dinner, and Feelings

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

2 Weeks Before

? POV:

I was pulled out from my meeting to go on another meeting. If my staff knew one thing, it’s this – overlapping schedules.

“I am already having a bad day, so this meeting better be good.” I told one of my PA who was in charged with my schedule. To be honest, I kind of feel bad towards him because of the way I treated her the moment I got pulled out from my meeting. But he needs to see how I handle my businesses seriously.

I asked one of my PA to go get me some cola for the meeting. My other PA asked permission to go to the bathroom and I was left alone going to the board room. I stopped in front of the board room and saw 2 suited men who are obviously wasn’t working with us. I tried to open the door when the guy stopped me and said:

“Authorized personnel only.”

I was about to lose it when my PA, who went to the bathroom came running and explained to the 2 men who I was. They immediately apologized for what they said.

“I am not usually rude, but next time, please do know who I am.” I said coldly.

When I entered the board room it was packed. I could feel my anxiety crawling over my body, ready to take charge but since I was too exhausted because I was having a rough day, I just sat down in front of an old man – who I knew who he was and glared at my lawyers, who were also present in the board room.

“Let’s make this quick.” I just said.

The meeting went on with a proposal. To be honest, I thought that I was in trouble because I heard that whenever this old man enters the scenario, it’s not a laughing matter – especially with everything that’s been going around. However, I was wrong, this old man was funny, gentle, understanding, accommodating, and most importantly, he connected with me. My anxiousness left my body and I actually like what they were presenting. Although, it was sketchy. The meeting concluded with a contract. That’s where I got really skeptical about the whole project.

 “I will not sign this.” I firmly said.
“Why? You said that it was a good project proposal and that you’re willing to participate.” The old man looked confused.
“I am not signing a censored contract.” I closed the folder.

“ (?) with all due respect, this contract has already been reviewed by your lawyers.” One of the lawyers from the other party said.

I glared at my lawyers and they immediately bowed their heads.

I was about to lose it but I still managed to keep my cool with me and just said:

“If you want me to participate in this, of course I have to read all the terms and agreement. My lawyers aren’t the one doing this project,  I am. If I fail to comply in any of the terms and agreement in this contract, I will be the one facing a lawsuit and not them. They… would be the one to come and save me if I ever breach your contract. You know how busy I am, and I know how busy you guys are. Let’s just all save our time, present me the uncensored contract and I will sign it immediately.” I made my stand.

“I wish they can see how dominating you can get. I want you to know that it’s not an insult. It’s a compliment.” The old man said.

“Thank you Sir. But, again, I won’t be signing this contract unless it gets uncensored.” I bowed to him.

The old man whispered to one of the secretaries here in the room and said:

“Please wait a moment.” He smiled and drank his coffee.

I excused myself and called my lawyers to the side.

“I don’t want to be too emasculating to you guys. I’ve worked with all of you before and you know my work ethics…” before I finished my sentence the door opened and a very familiar tall guy entered the room with an envelope.

He faced me and opened his arms widely waiting for me to hug him and said “I knew it was you.”

I shook my head, laughed, and fell on the floor because of embarrassment.

Like the gentleman he is, he ran towards me and helped me to stand up.

“Siwon-ssi, what are you doing here?!” I said as I hugged him.

“Well, I am one of the investors for this project, of course I will be here.” He said.

I faced Mr. Lee and I knew I was so red.

“Mr. Lee, is this the reason why the contract’s censored?”

“Yes. He’s one of the people you’ll be working with in this project. The rest of the people you’ll be working will be remained censored in the contract. BUT that’s the only thing that will be censored. All terms and agreement is written there. I was envisioning to see your raw reaction when we start the project but I guess 1 spoiler person is okay.Plus you’re too serious about business and you’re very dominating, I knew I had to give in.”

“I had to be honest, I wasn’t expecting him.” I composed myself and received the envelope that Siwon handed me. I took a seat, read the contract and signed it.

We shook hands and closed the deal.

After closing the deal, my mom entered the board room and invited Mr. Lee Soo Man, Siwon and the rest of the production to our family house for dinner.

-

Our doorbell rang and I personally welcomed everyone in our house. The last person that came in was Siwon who was dressed so dapperly.

“Why you look… like the person who you exactly are… what’s that term… chaebol.” I .

He looked around my family house and back to me and said “You’re the chaebol.” He teased back.

The dinner with the whole team was fun. We didn’t talk about the project because of the contract, which was good since we started to connect on a more personal level.

The dinner ended and we walked them to their cars.

“So, when are you going back to Korea?” I asked Siwon.

“Uhm… in 6 hours. We’re already headed to the airport.”

“I see. Well, I guess I’ll see you in a month?” I told him.

“Yes, see you in a month.” Siwon hugged me and I hugged him back.

“Y/N-ssi, are you still talking to Hae?” he randomly asked.

“Yeah, why?” well, that was weird?

“Nothing. Don’t tell him about the project okay? He doesn’t know I went here.” He said.

“Of course, I signed a contract, remember?” I smiled.

Mr. Lee Soo Man joined our conversation and he shook my hand and said:

“The team will be here in a month to start the project. I will be personally keep in touch with you for the updates.” He said.

“Thank you so much for trusting me.” I bowed to him and he tapped my back.

“I am looking forward to work with you.” Siwon said.

“Same. I’ll see you soon!” I waved back.

-

I drove myself back to my empty house.

After I showered I noticed my phone was ringing. I looked at it and it was Donghae.

“Heyy” I said.

“You look tired.” He commented.

“Yup. Very.” Then I yawned.

“Go on, close the lights already, let’s sleep together.”

I followed his orders and placed my phone beside me where in I can see his face.

“Where are you?” I asked him.

“At my apartment. Do you want me to sing you a song?” he sweetly said.

“Yes. Can you sing First Love?” I knew he wasn’t going to sing it.

“Are you okay?” he asked me.

“No. Please sing it for me.” I insisted.

“I miss you.” He said.

“Nado” I replied while I covered my face with my comforter to hide the tears. I was so tired and I keep on longing the feeling he gave me when he was here... I wanted to be hugged... by him.

He sang the song. I was waiting for him to say ‘On February 2, 2006’ but he changed the lyrics to the day we met at The Arena which made my heart drop.

I closed my eyes as he sang and from time to time his voice becomes softer and he yawns.