Before SJ Returns

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Narrator’s POV:

The dormitory’s a mess. The production crew was there, managers, assistants, makeup artists and of course, the 11 members were present. Since last week, they did not stop bugging Siwon for their whereabouts for 2 months. Siwon received a lot of bribes just to know where they were going – but he did not give up.

“Okay, quick briefing, there’s no script, only outlines. This is a non-censored show so you’ll feel free. The editors will just make a way how to edit all the curses, dirty jokes and you guys will obviously show. So.. any questions?” The manager said.

Kyuhyun, Heechul, Kangin, and Leeteuk raised their hands.
“Yes, maknae?”
“Where are we going?” Kyu asked.
The manager rolled his eyes and said “Hee?”
“Where are we exactly living?”
“You’ll all stay in a house with the person you’ll be working with. Kangin?”
“Can we drink there?”
“Yes, you can. Teuk?”
“Who’s the MC?”

Every member threw whatever they were holding – specifically pillows, towards Leeteuk.

The members arrived in the airport and they thought that they will finally figure out where they’ll be going. However, the production team was too smart that the other party decided to lend their small private plane to transport the whole members, crew, and production team to their designated country.

They had a short flight going to the other country and finally arrived safely.

Y/N’s POV:

“Isn’t too much too much that you actually allowed them to use the plane? I mean, I don’t even know who I’ll be actually working with. What if they’re the idols who are like… snobs???” I asked my mom who was about to leave the house.

My mom gave me a worried look. Now, damn, I know that look.

“Darling, if you don’t want to do this, we can call it off. I can talk to Lee Soo Man himself.” Mom suddenly sat beside me.
“No, I can do this.” I shook my head as I convince myself at the same time.
“Are you sure? You’ll be out of town for a few months…” She’s now troubled.
“No. I signed up for this. It’s for a good cause.” I tried to convince myself a little more.
“Don’t worry honey, if you feel like stopping the show, tell me. And I’ll have Greg stay with you the whole time.” Mom hugged me.

Someone knocked on the door and said “They just got into the car. They’re on the way here already.”

I nodded and fixed my clothes. I bid mom goodbye. I was left inside my house, with at least 15 people whom I have no idea who they are and more people will be coming.

I already miss my students. I’d rather be with those little dinosaurs than do this…

 

Narrator’s POV:

The boys were blindfolded except for Siwon, who knew where they were going.

After a few hours, they finally arrived at their first location – Y/N’s house.

Before the cameras went on again, one of the PD’s briefed them.

“Okay, final briefing, a few cameras are already installed inside. You will be monitored 24/7 until this project is finished. You all are professionals and we expect that you guys will show your most authentic self. Don’t be afraid to curse or say what’s on your mind.”

The members agreed and it was time for them to go inside.

Y/N was kept inside her room with a producer and was waiting for them to call her.

The members were asked to stay in Y/N’s garden and then OWL PD started to talk.

“Okay, now before you remove your blindfold, I would like to welcome everyone to ‘Before SJ Returns’ In this program, you will be completing tasks that would show your most authentic selves before you film SJ Returns. Consider this as your boot camp but for personal development. This place is just your first location. Tomorrow, you will all be traveling to the next location wherein you guys will stay with our guest person. Are you all ready to remove your blindfolds?”

“Yes!” Everyone shouted.

“Okay, everyone remove your blind folds in 3…2…1…”

Everyone removed their blind folds and adjusted to the light. The moment their eyes adjusted, they had big reactions on how refreshing the place was. They had no idea where they were until Donghae reacted.

“Wait… I am I… This is…” he wasn’t able to finish his sentence as he looked around the very familiar place.

“I KNOW WHERE WE ARE!!” Donghae shouted and started to cry.
“You know this place?” Kyuhyun asked.
“He very much know this place.” Siwon said.

With Siwon’s comment, all of the staff were dumbfounded because they didn’t really know about anything that was going on. Donghae was still crying, the members were as confused as the staff and Owl PD started to talk again.

“Okay, Donghae-ssi, I don’t know how you know this place, but… well, let’s all welcome, your guest.”

Y/N was blindfolded and wore a noise cancelling headphones. She was accompanied by Greg when she entered her own garden. The moment the two of them entered the garden, the members immediately recognized Greg and started to celebrate. They now understood why Donghae was crying. They realized that they were in Y/N’s country.

“YAH! OUR GUEST IS…” Before Heechul could continue, Siwon cut him off and said:
“She doesn’t know it’s us.”

“You guys know who she is?” Owl PD asked.
“Yes! We’re very much close to her!” Shindong was now very happy.

Owl PD gave Greg a go signal to remove Y/N’s headphones. Everyone became quiet to surprise Y/N.

Y/N’s POV:

I don’t know if I am too old or too young for this blindfold thing and noise cancelling thing. It just makes my anxiety brew up. I know I have to get my together or else we might be facing a lawsuit which is the least that I want right now. Okay, Y/N, breath. You can do this.

Greg and I started to walk and I already felt the grass. Of course, if I will be accommodating artists the garden is the best way to introduce me to them. I was having difficulty in breathing since I can’t see and can’t hear anything. Finally, Greg removed the headphones and whispered

“You are doing good and you are going to continue to be doing good. If you can’t handle this, then we can always pause until you recuperate. Okay?”

I nodded. It seems like someone had a talk with my therapist before this started. I heard a guy talk to me.

“Miss, are you ready to meet them?” I smiled and nodded. I felt that Greg removed his hand from me and I started to panic. My reflexes were so fast I held onto him tightly.

“Sorry. I am just going to remove your blindfold. You’re safe. You’re at your own house.” He said.

The moment he removed my blindfold I waited for my eyes to adjust and saw 11 very familiar guys creating weird poses in front of me. When I saw them my anxiety left my body.

“You have got to be kidding me?!” I shouted as the boys ran towards me and gave me a very claustrophobic – triggering group hug.

After a few minutes of greeting each other, we all lined up and faced the staff who are… well, they probably didn’t see this coming.

Narrator’s POV:

The staff had no idea what was going on. Even Owl PD didn’t see it coming.

“Okay, now that you’ve made your greetings, Y/N-ssi, please introduce yourself, and can you share to us how you met the guys.”
“Hello everyone, I am Y/N, I met the guys a few months back when I was on a trip in Korea and since then, we managed to keep in touch with each other from time to time.” Y/N introduced herself.

“Now, all the members will be getting a number from this bowl and that will be the order of your personal development boot camp with Y/N. In all of the episodes, Y/N will be joining you to complete the challenges.”

“Wait, before we draw, you said that there will be just a 13 episodes in this series. But why are we being monitored 24/7?” Kangin asked.

“Ah, yeah, 13 episodes will be aired. But the 24/7 footages will be more of bonus episodes and it will all start tomorrow. By the way, in partnership with UNICEF, Siwon-ssi, and Y/N’s company, half of the earnings in this project will be donated to charity.” Owl PD explained.

“Okay, now, before we end today’s shoot, you have to draw what day you are assigned to.” The fish bowl with numbers were given to them and all of the members were able to get their dates.

Day 1 – Kangin
Day 2 – Shindong
Day 3 – Siwon
Day 4 – Kyuhyun
Day 5 – Leeteuk
Day 6 – Eunhyuk
Day 7 – Heechul
Day 8 – Ryeowook
Day 9 – Donghae
Day 10 – Yesung
Day 11 – Sungmin

The shoot ended and Y/N was then formally introduced to the staff that came from Korea and Owl PD.

“It’s all a pleasure to meet you and to work with you.” Y/N bowed.

“Y/N-ah! Can we stay here tonight since we’re leaving for tomorrow?” Heechul asked.
“Yeah! Although I can’t really accommodate everyone…” Y/N said.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about us, we’ll be staying at a hotel. The guys can stay here.” Owl PD said.

Everyone was packing away already and the boys were busy hanging out on Y/N’s living room. Y/N was sending off the staff when Owl PD asked if he can talk to her.

Y/N’s POV:

“Y/N-ssi.” Owl PD moved me to the side
“Yes?”
“Is there anything that I should know of about your relationship with any of the members?”

To be honest, that caught me off guard.

“No, sir. None. We’re just all very good friends.” I told him.
“Because, when they removed their blindfolds, Donghae-ssi’s reaction was that he knew where they were… And I wasn’t informed about that fact.”
“Oh…” Oh my god.
“The staff members are now talking if whether or not you were the girl who was with him when he shared THAT story… And I have to be really honest with you… you’re associated with Hyukjae-ssi because of what happened at the airport. And I don’t want to be in the middle of that drama.”

My head is starting to ache.

“Yes, I was the one on THAT story. And yes, I know about the news about Hyukjae-ssi and I, but I can assure you, there’s nothing going on. I will be more careful in the future. Thank you for informing me.” I bowed to him.

“Thank you. Also, you can’t be involved since it is in your contract.” Those were Owl PD’s last words to me before he left.

My contract… Right. I almost forgot about that.

I didn’t know how long I have been standing up in front of my own house until Siwon-ssi and Heechul-ssi tapped me.

“What are we looking at?” Heechul mocked me.
“Oh. Nothing.” I snapped out of my own thoughts.
“Yah, Y/N-ssi, I knew you were rich, but I didn’t know that you’re THIS rich.” Heechul continued to mock me.
“It’s not my money. It’s my mom’s” I looked at him.
“Yah, hyung, you should see their family house… CHAE-BOL.” Siwon said.
I immediately jokingly punched him in the arm.

“Hey, let’s go inside, you haven’t really talked to us since we finished the shoot.” Siwon said and walked inside.

To be honest I was still in my own thoughts when Heechul said:
“How are you and Donghae? Did you know he cried?”
“Heechul-ssi…”
“Oppa.” he corrected me and I smiled.
“Oppa, I… I don’t know.” I sighed. Because to be honest the past weeks were rough.
“Are you choosing him?” He straightforwardly asked me.
“Over who?” I looked at him. He coughed and changed the sentence
“If ever, are you going to choose him?”
“No.” I said.
“Huh? But I thought…”
“No. I am not choosing him or imaginary person.”
“Why?” He looks so confused. He’s probably as confused as I am. I looked at him dead in the eye but deep inside I was really happy because I had more reasons to constrict whatever I am feeling.
“I have a contract.”
… it took him a few seconds before he was able to absorb everything that I said.
“NO… Y/N TELL ME YOU’RE KIDDING. THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS WORLD THAT THEY DID THAT.” Heechul started to raise his voice.
“That wasn’t for you guys. It was for me.” I smiled and tapped his shoulder and opened the door.

“Y/N!” the guys shouted. We had a wonderful night of catching up. Ofcourse, we did order food from outside and had drinks. We talked about the project since we were all participating on it. I just didn’t tell them where we were going tomorrow.

Narrator’s POV:

They all decided that it was already time to hit the sheets. Since Y/N’s house was pretty big but only had 1 guest room that can accommodate at least 5 people, they decided to play rock-paper-scissors to know who will be sleeping at the room and who will be sleeping in the living room.

“I am not joining.” Heechul said.
“Where do you plan to sleep tonight?” Leeteuk asked.
“Y/N’s room” Heechul said. With Heechul’s comment, it started a chaos especially to Shindong, Leeteuk, Donghae, and Eunhyuk. They were all insisting that no one should sleep beside Y/N.
“It’s fine. He’ll sleep in my room. He isn’t called Kim without a reason, am I right?” Y/N said and Heechul wanted to strangle her so bad because she was right.

The members finally decided that the older members : Leeteuk, Kangin, Yesung, Shindong and Sungmin will be sleeping in the guest room while Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun will be staying in the living room.

“Y/N, tell me you’re okay about the contract.”
“I am. I really am. In fact, I am so thankful for that contract. Because it both protects your images and mine too. You cannot comeback with scandals surrounding you guys.” Y/N explained to him.
“Are you sure about that? What’s with you and feelings?” Heechul asked as he laid down on the other side of the bed where Y/N made a wall of pillows.
“He did tell you about it…” Y/N’s voice softened.
“Yeah, but only to me.”
“I am not capable of giving love and receiving love.” Y/N said as she closed her eyes.