I Knew

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Narrator’s POV:

Donghae finally landed in Korea and the first thing he did was go straight back to the dormitory not because everyone was waiting for him but because he terribly missed Hyukjae.

As soon as Donghae arrived in the dormitory the members gathered around the huge bag that he was holding and was rummaging through the food that he brought home. Donghae immediately ran beside Hyukjae who was waiting for him in the couch. Like the baby he is, he snuggled beside Hyukjae.

“Hyung! This is a lot!” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were opening the snacks but Donghae ignored them since he was perfectly comfortable beside Hyukjae.

“YAH! LEE DONGHAE! Get away from Hyukjae! You have a lot of things to tell us!” Shindong shouted as he was already eating something from Donghae’s bag of goodies.

Hyukjae finally realized that Hae was from Y/N’s country and removed his arms away from Hae.

“Ah. I am still mad at you.” Hyukjae said and Hae pouted.

“What happened there? How was it there?” Siwon asked.

Donghae sat down and everyone gathered around him and he told exactly what happened during his stay in Y/N’s place. While he was telling the story wherein they fell asleep beside each other Heechul noticed that Shindong, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk started to feel uncomfortable. Heechul signaled Donghae to fast forward the story because of the three guys.

It was already night time and Donghae decided to hit the bed first. He was browsing through his phone when Hyukjae opened the door and laid down beside him. Donghae locked his phone and stared at the ceiling where Hyukjae was looking.

“You know, I never knew that you and I will like the same girl.” Hyukjae broke the deafening silence.
“I prayed you know.” Donghae paused and continued with “You, Shindong hyung, Teukie hyung… You all like her. But I prayed that she’ll choose me.”

“We’ll see… But if she chooses you and if she chooses me… we’ll still be like this right?” Hyukjae said.
“Of course.” Donghae replied.

A few moments after they both laughed and Hyukjae pretended that he was disgusted with their bromance while Donghae pouted and pouted. They were playing when Heechul entered the room to check on them and all he was able to do was shake his head.

Everyone was already on their own rooms except for Heechul and Leeteuk.

Heechul’s POV:

I looked at each room and everyone was either sleeping or getting ready for bed. It has been a while since we all lived in the same roof. To be honest, I don’t like living here because it’s too noisy, rowdy and it’s an overall chaos. If our management didn’t ask us to live in one roof for our preparation for our comeback I wouldn’t be here. But speaking of not being here I wonder where Teukie is?

I looked at the clock and it was already past 2 AM. I wasn’t sleepy so I my laptop, sat on the couch and made ramen for myself. I started to look for movies to watch. Surprisingly, the door opened and I saw a very sweaty Teukie made his way towards the living room and had a shocked reaction when he saw me.

“Where have you been?” I asked him.
“The gym.” He said and drank from his water bottle.
“At this time? Why?”
“Yup. Because…” he wasn’t able to continue.

I know what this is.

“Yah! You jerk, do you honestly think that buffing your body would cover up your insecurities?” I told him.

He shook his head and said “you know me so well.”

Of course, you, idiot.

“Why?” I asked him.

“Donghae…” I cut him off before he could continue because I know this will be a pity party that I don’t want to join.

“I’ll stop you from there. Let’s have this talk already before everything comes out of hand.” Leeteuk just dropped his whole body weight on the couch as I sat down and closed by eyes. Oh dear universe, help me as I talk to this person.

“Shindong’s clueless. He doesn’t know what to do with his feelings towards Y/N. Hyukjae’s torn between honoring his bromance with Donghae and his feelings towards Y/N. Donghae, our baby, he is having this feeling that made him impulsively go to Y/N and make his move. And you… you opted to do weights because…?”

For the first time after a long time, I saw him be this frustrated… he threw a punch on the couch, ruffled his hair and scrubed his face “I was supposed to be there. I knew that Donghae was leaving. I already have my ticket. I purchased it before he was able to buy the ticket. When he told me he was leaving and didn’t say where he was headed to I knew that he was going to Y/N.” well crap, he started to cry already.

“I gave way. But I cannot bear to hear him tell stories about his trip because that person should be me.” I sighed as he finished his sentence. He will always be our leader… he will always put us first before himself.

“What’s your plan then?” I asked him.

“I don’t know yet. But this time, I’ll remember the pain. This time, can I be selfish?” He looked at me.

All I could ever do was give him a weak smile and nod my head.