Leeteuk's Flashback

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Leeteuk’s POV

“… but whoever she will choose, we will accept and be happy.” Those are my last words to Shindong before I went to sleep. After more than a decade of being brothers with them, and being the eldest, I’ve always gave them what they want. I always made sure that they’re comfortable even though I know that I will have a hard time.

This moment, one of my greatest nightmares, finally came to life: wherein another member and I will meet a girl whom we really like and we would have to fight for her heart. However, in this case, I know that it’s not just another member, we’re 4 who are actually liking her despite the short time we’ve met her and talked to her.

*Flashback*

I saw how Eunhyuk’s eyes sparkled when Y/N’s taking care of her. To be honest, I cannot explain the feeling. I can’t stand to see someone I wanted to protect so badly, taking care of my other members and not me. I never knew I longed for that kind of feeling.

I was about to leave when Y/N saw me outside. This is it. It’s either I am going to stand or back out. If there’s someone I want to take care of me, it would be her. And I want to protect her.

“Oh, Leeteuk-ssi, how long have you been staying there? Are you hitting the bed too? I’ll go prepare you something first.” Ah, it must be the same drink she prepared for Eunhyuk.
“Oh no not yet. I was just looking for you, you suddenly disappeared.”
“About that, I just fixed Eunhyuk-ssi a drink before he sleeps.” She said as she tied her long brown hair into a bun again.

I’ll make a stand.
“Y/N…” I nervously said her name while looking at her eyes- those mesmerizing eyes of her.
“Yes, Leeteuk-ssi?”
“After I visit my family, do you want to go out?”

Y/N gave me a scared look.
“Go out?” Her voice started to crack. Now I scared her.
“Well, like a meal. There’s no pressure. I just want to get to know you more.” Nice save Park Jung Soo.
“Mianhe, Leeteuk-ssi. It’s not that I don’t want to have a meal with you especially for what you’ve done to me and the way you treated me and my friends despite the short amount of time we’ve known each other but… I can’t…” She looked sad. I can’t help it but I held onto her hand which made her freeze for a moment.
She looked at my hand holding her hand and looked at me.
“I can’t go out on a place that I am not familiar with the people who are around me. I don’t mean you, but I mean the people who can possibly see us.” Then she squeezed my hand and let it go. “I’m sorry. I hope you understand.”

What made her like this? It hurts me seeing her want to live her life but somehow she’s holding everything back.

“It’s okay. I understand.” I tapped her head. “Let’s go back, they must be wondering where we are.” I gave her a smile.

She walked towards Heechul and Shindong, who looked really happy seeing her again. I shook my head. Now it’s me, Eunhyuk and Shindong.

“Hyung.” Donghae appeared out of nowhere.
“You scared me.” I told him. He’s now facing the terrace with his hands inside his pocket, where we can see Shindong, Heechul laughing, while Y/N was trying her best to laugh.
“I want to protect her. I want to know why she became like that and make that person pay. I want to make her smile. I want her to feel safe with me.” I was shocked to hear Donghae say those words. It’s probably the first time I’ve heard him say such heavy words filled with passion.
“That makes the 4 of us.” I said and he gave me a blank look.
“Read the room, Donghae. You, Eunhyuk, Shindong and I, we all want the same for her. I would usually back out because I would do everything for you guys, but not this time
.” I told him firmly.
“I know that, Hyung.” Donghae looked at me and walked towards the terrace.

*end of flashback*