Donghae's Flashback

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Donghae’s POV:

I looked at my watch, it’s already 8AM. We went to bed at around 6AM and I haven’t slept since then. What Leeteuk hyung told me a while ago did bother me. I tried to sleep but I heard the door open. One of the girls must be up already. Since there’s no way I could sleep, I went outside and look who went out.

I saw Y/N getting water. I coughed to get her attention.
“Donghae-ssi, did I wake you up?”
“Aniya. I’m having trouble sleeping to be honest.”
“Do you want anything? Coffee? Tea?” she asked me as she looked for a mug.
“Coffee would be nice.” I told her as I sat in front of the counter.

I was watching her make coffee. We were both quiet and I liked it. A few moments later, I can smell the coffee and it smells so good.
“Here you go.” She handled me the mug.
“Do you want to join me outside?” She asked as she walked towards the terrace.

I smiled at her and followed her. We sat on the both ends of the table and we were quiet again. I was looking at her and I remembered what her friend Ria and Leeteuk hyung told me.
 

*flashback #1*

I was helping Ria go down the stairs when she told me this:
“My Mama Y/N has been through a lot. Do you know that we all pray that the universe and her mind gives her a break? She looks strong. She is strong. But her mind? It’s messing her up! It keeps on creating scenarios that messes her up, and rains on her parade!”

I stopped and looked at Y/N who’s in front of me who looks so anxious but tries to keep it together.

How can someone, with whatever’s going through her mind, keep it all together just to make sure her friends are okay?

“You know, she’s selfless. She’ll do anything for the people she loves. We know she’s suffering but she doesn’t show it to us. We just hear her cry in her office. Sometimes, when she can no longer take it all in, she breaks down and blames herself for not saying ‘enough’.” Ria continued as I watch Y/N call for valet.

I saw Ria looked at me… “You… if you want my Mama Y/N, take a leap. Go to our hometown. Take her out. It’s not going to be easy but that’s always been her dream – someone who’ll take the leap just for her.”

*end of flashback #1*

*flashback #2*

“Read the room, Donghae. You, Eunhyuk, Shindong and I, we all want the same for her. I would usually back out because I would do everything for you guys, but not this time.” He told me firmly
“I know that, Hyung.” And walked towards Shindong hyung, Heechul hyung, and Y/N

*end of flashback #2*

“Y/N-ssi.”
“Hm?” She said without looking at me.
“I’ll take that leap.” I told her.