Grocery, Kids, and Shakespeare

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Narrator's POV

Y/N drove going to the grocery. They normally entered the grocery and everyone was minding their own business. Y/N showed Donghae a list of the things they need. He asked which native snacks tastes good so that he can bring home some for the other members. Donghae got a lot of snacks to the point that Y/N gave her a weird look.

“Are you feeding a whole village?” Y/N asked him.
“We have a lot of members, Shindong hyung and Kyuhyun counts as 1 village plus the rest.” Donghae gave her a childlike yet mischievous smile.

Y/N observed that Donghae has a different basket with snacks.
“How about that basket? Who are you giving it to?” Y/N pointed at the basket.
“Oh this one? This is for Eunhyuk.” Donghae was still smiling.
“EunHae is 100% real.” Y/N said as she smiled and shook her head.

They were almost done with their grocery when Donghae realized that it was his first time to go on a public place where there’s no one is literally looking at him. Y/N and Donghae were walking towards the fruit section when Y/N stopped and smiled so brightly.

Donghae’s POV:

Y/N and I were looking for puns at the grocery store with every item that we can see. We’re about to reach the fruit section when I saw her stop and she flashed the warmest smile I have ever seen. I looked at the direction where she was looking and I saw a very cute little Korean girl who’s probably 4 years old stunned to see her. I looked at Y/N and she’s now squatting on the floor with her arms spread open waiting for the little girl crash into her arms.

“CHICHER Y/N!!” the little girl screamed. She looked so happy to see Y/N. She’s probably one of her students.
“Ya Na!” She hugged her and carried her.
“What are you doing here, chicher?” Ya Na asked.
“I am doing my groceries. How about you Ya Na?” I listened to Y/N’s voice and I observed that it changed. Her voice was already warm to begin with, but when she is talking to her student it became warmer.
“I am with my eomma and unnie.” Her student replied.
Y/N was playing with her when Ya Na made eye contact with me.

“Chicher, who is he?”
“Oh, why don’t you ask him? You ask him in Korean because he is also Korean.” Y/N gave me a smile.
“Ahjussi, nugusingayo?” Ya Na asked me.

When Y/N heard the word ‘Ahjussi’ she laughed.

“Na irmeun Donghae. Dangsin irmeun muotipnikka?” I gave her a sweet smile.
“Nanen Kim Ya Na.” and she waved at me.

Ah, she’s just adorable. And seeing her being carried by Y/N makes me want to have a family and a baby so bad.

Narrator’s POV:

Y/N and Donghae was playing with Ya Na when Ya Na’s mom went to them.

“Teacher! It’s nice to see you here!” Ya Na’s mom said.
“Mrs. Kim! Yes, I was shocked to see Ya Na here!” Y/N replied.
“Aigoo! Teacher, I see that you’re with someone! Is he your boyfriend?” hearing Ya Na’s mom’s question, Y/N and Donghae blushed.
“Oh, it’s not like that Mrs. Kim.” Y/N laughed nervously but it gave Donghae a slight pain.

“Omma! Ya Na!” Ya Na’s unnie called them and walked towards them. She stopped when she saw Donghae.
“Songsaenim! Is that Lee Donghae from Super Junior?!” Ya Na’s older sister asked Y/N.

Y/N gave Donghae a smile and Donghae shook Ya Na’s older sister’s hand and introduced himself.
“Teacher, are you dating him? Wah, I am so happy for you, teacher!” Ya Na’s sister looked so happy.

Y/N waved her hands to deny the statement. It was time for them to go and Y/N carried Ya Na again and Ya Na kissed her teacher on the cheeks. Ya Na looked at Donghae and said: “Ahjussi, please take care of our chicher.”

Donghae smiled and carried Ya Na “Of course I will.” and Ya Na hugged Donghae.

After their trip to the grocery, they headed home. Donghae asked Y/N about her work. Y/N would tell stories about her students and would refer to them as her “kids”. Donghae was enjoying hearing Y/N tell stories about her students. After a while they finally reached home and Y/N started to cook.

“What are you cooking?” Donghae asked.
“Shrimp with sour soup” Y/N told him and explained that it could also be paired with kimchi.

Y/N knew that Donghae’s favorite food is seafood. In fact, they share the same favorite viand. Donghae helped Y/N out in cooking.

It was already eating time and Donghae enjoyed the food that Y/N cooked.

The rest of the afternoon they continued to clean the house while telling stories about their friends and their work. Donghae would rest from time to time by playing with Y/N’s toys.

It was already 8:00 PM and they finally finished cleaning the house. Since the two of them were both tired, they decided to order food instead of cooking. Their food arrived at 8:45 PM and they ate till 9:30 PM

The two showered again after eating. This time, Y/N was the first one to get out of the shower. She waited for Donghae at the living room. Y/N decided to open up the windows and she saw that the rain was still pouring. Y/N got up and get the book she was reading and lounged on the couch while waiting for Donghae.

A few minutes later, Donghae went out of the room and saw Y/N all snuggled up on the couch while reading a book.

Donghae’s POV

I just got out of the shower and went out to the living room. I saw Y/N lounging at her couch reading a book.

“Hey… What are you reading?” I asked her.
“Oh, you’re done. I’m trying to finish ‘The Dark Lady’s Mask.” She looked at me and closed the book.
“Wait a minute.” I told her and I ran to the room that I was staying at and took the book that I was reading.

I sat adjacent to her and showed her my book.
“Ah, Romeo and Juliet. Classic.” She said.
“What’s that book about?” I asked her.
“It’s a book about the dark muse of Shakespeare.” I looked at her in awe.
“Do you want to read for a little while? I mean this weather is starting to please me.” I winked at her.
“Are you sure?” she looked at me with a big smile on her face.
“Yes.”

We shared a big comforter and we were just quiet. From time to time our toes would play with each other and our legs would touch. I observed while she’s reading. She’s still wearing prisoner clothes except this time it’s matching blue shorts and hoodie. Her hair, as usual is on a messy bun and she’s wearing her glasses. I want this moment to be immortalized. So I reached for my phone and snapped a photo of her while she’s reading a book. She saw me and smiled. She waited for a few minutes to pass, she did the same.

“Donghae-ssi…” She closed her book and she was staring at her phone.
“Yes?” I looked at her.
“Can I post this picture?” She shyly asked me.
She showed me the picture that she took. My face wasn’t that recognizable. I honestly wanted her to take and post a picture of me where people can see my face. Somehow I longed for that feeling that I wanted to be seen with her. I am not afraid, for the first time. I don’t want to keep this a secret, whatever this is. Nonetheless, I gave her a thumbs up and she smiled like a little child.
“You go post that picture. As long as I can post yours too.” I could see her face blush. She nodded.

We both posted a picture. Without a few seconds our phones started to go crazy with the notifications.

Y/N’s POV

This is one of my ideal dates. That’s why I captured this moment. When he agreed that I can post his picture, my heart started to go crazy. It always has been whenever I am with him. For the first time, I feel safe. I don’t feel any pressure.

When the notifications came in to our phones however, mine was manageable. Donghae’s wasn’t. We decided to put our phones on silent mode. When I was about to put away my phone, I saw that Ria was video calling. I didn’t answer it and just continued reading. My eyes got tired from reading and so did Donghae’s.

I rubbed my eyes to adjust and he asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I nodded and we decided to watch  ‘Forever My Girl’. I turned off the lights and Donghae closed the curtains.

Donghae’s POV

I knew that I liked her. I was aware of my feelings from the beginning. I even travelled all the way from Korea just to be with her. But I never realized that I would be feeling this way towards her. I finally had the chance to be ‘natural’ around her. I can be the man child that I am when I am with her. And what I didn’t expect is she was perfectly fine with it. I feel so comfortable around her. I am used to be like this with the other members, but I didn’t know I longed for this feeling.

When the movie started we sat side by side. We watched the movie carefully and talked about it. It was already past 11 when I looked at the clock. We’re already towards the middle of the movie, when I felt her head resting on my shoulder. I froze. I thought she just wanted to rest her head. It has been a few minutes since she rested her head. It made me uncomfortable because I could feel that her head positioned oddly. I heard her let out a little cute snore. When I heard her snore I quietly laughed and looked at her sleeping face. She’s probably tired. I laid her down beside me. I thank the company who made this couch to be big enough to make me and Y/N fit. She’s facing the television and her head is resting on my arms now. I continued to watch until she switched her position and she’s now facing me.

I fixed her hair and tuck it behind her ears so I can see her face clearly. I slowly caressed her face as I appreciate every distinct feature she has. I stared at her for a while and my heart started to race.

I didn’t bother to finish the movie. I laid down comfortably beside her and I had the urge to hug her with my free hand and so I did. I closed my eyes and whispered to her “choose me.” Right after I finished whispering to her I felt that she hugged me. I kissed her forehead and stayed in that position for the rest of the night.