Saturday With You

My Heart Chose You (Super Junior Fan Fic)

Y/N’s POV

“Good morning!!!” I shouted with excitement when I was awakened by the strong thunderclaps. I opened my curtains and saw that it was raining. I looked at my phone to check the time and it was 7:30 in the morning. I don’t regret waking up this early on a Saturday especially when it is raining. I went outside to turn on the television to see if there was any typhoon in my hometown. Yes, I do enjoy the rainy season but I don’t want anyone to be harmed. According to the news, there is no typhoon it was just simply rainy. I did my celebratory dance. I then realized that Donghae was at the other room sleeping.

I decided to cook breakfast. I opened the vent since I am cooking fried rice, sunny side up eggs, and salted dried fish. I wanted him to try cuisines from my hometown. I put on the music and started cooking.

Donghae’s POV

I woke up because of the thunderclaps. It was too alarming for me. At moments like this I miss Eunhyuk. He’ll allow me to sleep beside him since he knows I am afraid of extremely loud thunderclaps.

I heard someone open the television from the living room it’s probably Y/N. I looked at the time and it was 7:40 am. I stayed in bed for a little longer. I didn’t realize that I fell asleep again until my alarm clock went off. I’m supposed to go to the gym and forgot to turn it off. It was now 8:00 AM.

I quietly went out of my room and started to walk in the hallway. There were random pictures that are framed. I looked at each picture and what struck me the most was Y/N’s picture with Ria and Tine during their graduation day and their picture when they probably bought the center. She had a different look on her face. She was happy.

I finally reached the kitchen and I saw her cooking. Based on the smell, she’s not cooking anything Korean; which in my case is okay. I just observed her how she’s singing and dancing while cooking. My heart started to skip beats. I saw her turn around and she finally saw me.

“Ah! Donghae-ssi, did I wake you up?” She asked me with a smile on her face.
I shook my head and there was another thunderclap, and it was a loud one. I impulsively ran towards Y/N and hugged her.
“That woke me up.” I pointed out the window.
I felt her freeze for a moment. We locked eyes and she patted my back and laughed.
“Well, me too. Luckily there’s no typhoon or anything. It’s just simply rainy.”

Y/N coughed and I let go of her and she was all red. And I knew I was also red. She broke off the silence by saying:

“Ah, take a seat, I cooked breakfast. It’s not Korean but I hope you will like it.”

Narrator’s POV

Y/N and Donghae ate breakfast together. Donghae enjoyed the dish that Y/N prepared. It was perfect for the rainy weather. After eating, the two of them washed the dishes together. While doing the dishes, Donghae would tease Y/N and sprinkle water on her. Y/N would do the same. After playing with the water and doing dishes, Y/N also did the laundry and washed Donghae’s shirt that was soaked with cola the night before.

 Y/N excused herself that she would clean her house because Saturday was the only day she could clean her house. Donghae insisted to help her. Y/N didn’t want Donghae to help her but because he was persistent, Y/N agreed that he could help her. As an expected behavior from Donghae, Y/N was like a mom trying to clean the house and Donghae was… well let’s say he showed his childlike side to Y/N.

Y/N enjoyed every time Donghae would pull out some interesting things. Y/N has a collection of Funko Pop and Lego. Law and behold, when Donghae saw her collection, he asked if he can play with it. Y/N nodded and she ended up cleaning the house while Donghae was at the floor playing. Y/N enjoyed every single time that Donghae would create sound effects. It was almost time for lunch; Y/N went to the fridge to look for something to cook.

“Damn it, there’s nothing left here… What do you want to eat?” Y/N asked Donghae.
“Since it’s raining, I’m really in the mood for a soup, but not Korean. Can you cook a dish with soup?”
“Well, I can cook something but we need to go to the grocery…” Y/N closed the refrigerator.
“Okay. Let’s get changed then we’ll go to the grocery.” Donghae smiled at her.

The two of them took a shower and changed clothes. Donghae was waiting at the living room while he’s video chatting with Heechul – who’s telling him what happened when they hung up the phone last night. Y/N came out and Donghae stared at her for a brief second and started to laugh hysterically.

“Why are you laughing?” Y/N had a confused look.
“Y/N-ah, come here!” Donghae said and Y/N followed him.

Y/N looked at his phone and saw Heechul wearing the exact same clothes that she’s wearing. They’re both wearing ‘prison’ clothes which means orange matching tracksuit. The three of them started to laugh especially when Heechul said “Y/N-ssi, you and I are practically the same person!” Donghae and Y/N bid goodbye to Heechul and they went out to the garage.

“Y/N-ah, is it okay to go out in public wearing this?” Donghae looked at his outfit. He’s wearing a maroon fitted shirt and black shorts and a cap.
“It’s good. The grocery we’re going to is exclusive. Nobody minds the business of other people there.” Y/N gave him an assuring smile.