Forty

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Megan, are you ready?" Megan looked at herself in front of the mirror as her makeup artist gave her one last touch up.

Perfect. As always. 

"I am." She smiled as her manager led her to the limousine that Olympus sent for her. Megan gracefully slid to the passenger seat of the car. "Manager Zhou, did Olympus say anything when they requested me for this event?" 

Manager Zhou scrunched his forehead. "Nothing really, why?" 

Megan felt a bit uneasy. She was asked last monday if she could squeeze in this event in her schedule today. After the crazy media reports that day, she got dropped by most of her brands.

Surprisingly, Olympus did not terminate their contract with her. Megan was suspicious at first. She knew that Byun Baekhyun, the company's founder and creative director is good friends with Emily Kim. So why was she not replaced as Olympus' ambassador? Is it because she was too valuable of a model and influencer that the brand did not let her go? She was wary of this event, but she had no choice. More than half of her bookings for events got cancelled that week. 

It's the work of Yixing, that lovesick . I'm sure about it. The little fool was not bluffing when he said that he will drag me to hell. And all because of Emily. That . 

She loathed Emily Kim with passion. That girl and her whole family. Her grandfather who treated her father like a slave, who never appreciated anything that her father did for him and his company. After working for years in Daesan, her father was not able to get the recognition that he deserves. Because it was all taken from him by the Kims. And Emily Kim who got everything handed to her on a silver platter. 

Emily did not have to work as hard as her. She was groomed to take over a multi-billion company ever since she was found in Busan. She did not have to slave to get to her position. Megan, she had to work hard to achieve her dreams. She literally did everything to be the popular international model that she is today. She had to suffer training, attending go sees, living with models in shoebox apartments in New York, sleeping with anyone who can give her the next big project, blackmailing Yixing, and being an accomplice of her father. She did it all, just to arrive to where she is today. 

"Megan, we're here." Manager Zhou said as he alighted from the front passenger seat. 

Megan put her best model face on and descended from the car. She smiled triumphantly as various photographers took pictures of her.

This is my last. After this day, I will be the daughter of one of the most powerful men in Asia. I would no longer need to beg for scraps of the Kim family. 

 

 

 

 

Wong Mengyun straightened his tie as he stood in front of the Daesan Financial Group Board Room. "How do I look, Chao?" he asked his assistant. 

"You look great, Sir. Absolutely dashing." 

Mengyun smiled. Finally, the day that he has been waiting for is here. He is finally going to take what is rightfully his. After being cheated on by Kim Minhyuk for decades, he is finally going to get what he worked hard for: Daesan Financial Group. It was bound to happen. Fate itself dictated it. Who would have thought that the truth behind Emily Kim's mother will be revealed the day after Kim Minhyuk slipped into a coma? Nothing of this was his doing, so he was certain that it was fate that was paving the way for him. The Daesan Financial Group leadership is his destiny, it always has been. 

He was still contemplating on how he would celebrate his victory when he heard an annoying click-clacking of heels. He turned to his right only to see the Kim cousins with their posse. He fought the urge to smirk. 

Those little brats can no longer do anything now. 

"Ah!" He walked towards them. "Michael, Emily, Jason! You are here!" He can already see that Jongdae was trying really hard not to react to anything he says. Then he saw Eunhee pat his shoulder. 

"Of course, we are. It's a board meeting, right?" Eunhee said calmly. "We are here to represent the 30% shares of our parents." 

Mengyun laughed a bit. "Of course, of course." This girl got her temperament from her late grandmother, Im Seohyun, he was sure of it. Minseok on the other hand, was still very silent. "Why don't we all go in?" He went inside the board room followed by the Kim cousins and their assistants and a man that he knew is Eunhee's personal lawyer. 

The chatters stopped once the door opened and in came eight people. Shin Donghee looked at the Kim cousins with pity. He knew what was going to happen today. He actually had his letter of resignation already printed. He would never be able to work for these people after what they are going to do to the Kims. He owed everything to Chairman Kim, he can never betray the old man or the old man's family. He cleared his throat. "Good Morning. We can start the meeting by having our Group Chief Excutive Officer say a few words." He nodded at Minseok. "CEO Kim?" 

Minseok stood up with poise as he looked at the room full of old men who never once regarded him with respect. In the three months that he was the group CEO, their assets increased, public perception became better, and their customer's satisfaction rating was higher. But these men still didn't accept him as their leader because of either their jealousy or their pride. He looked at them coldly before he started to speak. "Good Morning. I-" 

"Why don't we cut to the chase, CEO Kim?" Cha Daewong, the company's Chief I.T. Officer sneered. He stood up, and walked towards Minseok. "The board wants you out, you and the Kim illegitimate child."

"And what makes you think that you have the power to say that?" Minseok's eyebrows raised. Do not lose composure. Eunhee has a plan. Trust Eunhee. 

"Most of the board is here." Cha Daewong said as he raised his hands gesturing to the people sitting around the table. "And it was a unanimous decision for us. We want you and that little bastard off leadership."

"YAH!" Jongdae stood up and was about to run to Cha Daewong and tackle him, but Eunhee and Miyeon held him back. 

"Oppa, calm down~" Eunhee whispered. 

"Why don't we all take you out?" Cha Daewong scoffed. "I vote that aside from CEO Michael Kim and Vice President Emily Kim. We take Director Jason Kim out of leadership as well. All he does is parade around with girls, anyway." 

"Director Cha-" Shin Donghee started, wanting to speak for the children. 

"We are better off to be led by Director Wong anyway!" Cha Daewong said with conviction. "He has the experience, the integrity, and the will to lead this company to greater heights. I say we give Executive Leadership to Director Wong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter