Twenty

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunhee?!" 

"Oppa." 

Eunhee felt her blood ran cold. She looked at the eyes of the man she hasn't seen for almost nine years. The last time that she looked in those eyes, all she saw was disappointment and anger. The last time they had a conversation, she walked out of his life and he never did anything to stop her. Despite promising that he will be there for her, despite telling her that he would always be her brother. 

She thought that she had let go of the feelings of hurt and betrayal. She felt that she was sincere when she told her grandfather that she had let go of all of her grudges, because she had to space in her heart to be resentful. But she realized how hard that is now that she was facing her brother, now that she was facing the person who she trusted but who let her down. 

Junmyeon still looked the same. Just a little bit older, and he looked a bit worn (work, she thought). He still looked handsome and polished, though, the perfect gentleman. There are so many things she wanted to ask him. How has he been during the past nine years? How are appa and eomma? Is Miyeon taking care of them? Was he able to graduate from SNU? Is he a lawyer now? But all of those questions were stuck in . She could not speak. She knew that there is a high possibility that she would bump to people from her past in Seoul, but she wasn't ready to meet any of them this early. For goodness sake, she hasn't even been in the city for three days. 

"Eunhee? Eunhee, is that really you?" She heard the familiar voice of Byun Baekhyun ask. 

She nodded weakly still looking at Junmyeon. It was then that she felt a tackle and a strong hug. She almost screamed but she realized that the hug was somewhat familiar. It was the hug of someone she knew since she was two years old. 

"Hee-" The person whispered as he hugged her tighter. "I missed you. I missed you so much, Hee." She felt the tears of the person hugging her on her shoulders. 

"Jongin-ah." She awkwardly patted his back.

Jongin loosened his hold on her but still held on to her shoulders. "Where have you been? You stupid girl, don't you know how worried we all are? Everyday, I wonder where you could have gone. If you were okay. If you were safe." He hugged her again.

Jongin missed his bestfriend. He still had his hyungs and Sehun, and his sisters, but having Eunhee around is different. They have known each other ever since they can remember, they were classmates in almost every year, their drivers take turns in driving them to school, Eunhee would usually save Jongin whenever he was in trouble, he would stay over at her house if he feels lonely when his parents are not around. It was almost as if she was his twin. 

"I'm sorry." She said with a sad smile. "I'm sorry, Nini. For leaving without saying goodbye." Of all the people she left in Seoul, she felt the most guilt towards Jongin. She remembered the days before she left, Jongin was the only one who was there for her. He was the only one who constantly called and reminded her to be strong. There was another person, but it turned out that she meant nothing to him. 

"Eunhee-yah." Someone called from behind Jongin. 

"Kyungsoo oppa." She said as she ran to him and gave him a hug. "Baekhyun oppa, Chanyeol oppa." Her old friends were shocked, but they quickly recovered as she hugged them. She is real. She is really back. After more than eight years without any trace of Eunhee or where she is, she just appeared in front of them, and at a police station, reprimanding those smug guys who they had an altercation with. 

"Aherm-" Someone cleared their throat. It was the police officer who brought them here. His nameplate says, 'Senior Police Officer Lee Sungmin'. "I'm sorry to cut this-" he struggled to find the right words "-meeting? reunion? short, but we need to address this situation at hand." He took out a stack of paper from his drawer. "I believe we can settle this now. Mr. Kim you said that you wanted to wait for your legal counsel." He said as he looked at Minseok. 

"Yes, and we have him now." He said as he nodded at his father's cousin, Uncle Heechul. 

"Attorney Kim Heechul." Heechul nodded at Officer Lee. 

"Now, will anyone be pressing charges?" He asked, looking at Junmyeon and Heechul. 

"No one would be pressing charges." Eunhee suddenly said. "Right?" She said looking at the two groups. Tao, Jongdae, Luhan, and Kris are all shocked and confused as to what is happening and why she was friendly with the other guys. Minseok was looking at Junmyeon curiously, and Yixing was just standing rigidly.

"But, Ems-" Tao started. Although he prefers to speak in Chinese and English, he can understand and speak Korean (and it kind of becomes a requirement when you have the Kim cousins constantly around you). 

"Please, Zitao." She looked at him pleadingly. 

"Fine. I'm not going to press any charges." Tao sighed and the others nodded. 

Eunhee looked at her old friends. Jongin nodded, and so has the others. She then looked at Junmyeon. "We won't press charges as well."

"Thank you." Eunhee said. 

"Well, if that's the case." Officer Lee said. "I just need you to fill up some paperwork. This will serve as a warning. Please, gentlemen, don't do this again." 

 

 

 

 

Minseok looked at the man in front of him. The man also stared at him. Kim Junmyeon. Eunhee's adoptive brother. The man who abandoned Eunhee when she was just sixteen and let her run away from home. This is the man who Eunhee used to call for help when she still had nightmares, the man who never came to save her. 

"Kim Minseok." He suddenly said and stretched out his hand to shake Junmyeon's. "I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter