Twenty Five

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"... Again, I would like to express my gratitude to each and every one of you. I know that this transition is a bit sudden and difficult, but it became bearable because of your continued support and hardwork." Minseok said as he bowed in front of the executives of Daesan Financial Group. The audience clapped as he stood up and went back to his seat. 

It was Daesan Financial's weekly executive meeting and the whole leadership team is on attendance. Included are the directors and general managers from different continents (via web conference), the management in the Seoul head office (which includes Eunhee, Minseok, and Jongdae), and the Group Vice Chairman, Kim Minwoo (also via web conference). 

"Thank you, CEO Kim. Is there anything else that we need to discuss? Any other announcements from any of our executives?" Secretary Shin Donghee, the Group Company Secretary asked. "If that is all, then our meeting is adjourned now. Thank you and have a great day." He said as he bowed. The rest of the executives bowed as well and exchanged goodbyes before going back to their respective floors. 

"So, where's this new assistant that Tony can't stop talking about?" Eunhee asked as she approached her big brother and cousin. 

"Uh-oh. Tony can't stop talking about her? Is he telling good things or bad things?" Jongdae asked curiously. Eunhee gave her cousin a look that says 'What do you think?', "Right, Tony only ever talks about things that irritate him."

"She is still a newbie." Minseok answered. "But she is very hardworking and I see a lot of potential." 

"She, huh?" Eunhee smirked. "You never told me that your new assistant is a girl. Is she cute? How old is she?"

"Her being cute is besides the point, Emily. I didn't hire her for that reason." Minseok rolled his eyes. "She's the same age as you, I think." 

"Oh, and what's her name?" The girl asked curiously. 

"Her name is Kim Mi-"

"Michael, Emily, Jason!" A man called behind them. The three turned around and bowed to one of the most tenured directors, and their grandfather's trusted friend, Wong Mengyun. 

"Director Wong." Minseok smiled at the older man. 

"Apologies that I haven't been here during the past meetings, you know that I have some other things to take care of. I was so excited to see all three of you working here. I am sure that your haraboji is thrilled too." 

"He is," Jongdae answered. "But not too thrilled. Cause you know, being too excited might be to bad for him. Gotta take care of the cardiac."

Director Wong chuckled. "And my dear Emily, look at how beautiful you turned out to be. Very smart too. My Megan tells me that she actually envies you for being able to stand working at an office. It never really suited her, she was always into those makeups and events and whatnot." He said talking about his daughter. Wong Mengyun was actually the one who asked Eunhee to intoduce Megan to her friends all those years ago, when his daughter was just an aspiring model in New York. The relationship between Eunhee and Megan was actually good before, it only changed once Megan and Yixing started dating. Eunhee thinks that the other girl does not approve of Yixing and Eunhee's closeness. And really, as Yixing's girlfriend, she has the right to feel uneasy. 

She has nothing to worry, about though. Yixing only thinks of her. He forgets about me whenever Megan is in the same room. Is what Eunhee thinks of whenever she thinks about Megan's cold attitude towards her. 

"Not everyone is suited to be in the office, Director. But Megan has been doing great too. She's one of the most sought after models in the world. And she does the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show." Eunhee commented. 

Director Wong grunted. "Please don't remind me. I don't like it when she parades around in those flimsy little things. She is actually in Tokyo right now doing a photoshoot again for that campaign." 

She was about to answer the director when her phone pinged signalling a message. "I'm sorry, Director Wong. But I have to go now. Please send Megan my regards. Thank you and I will see you soon." Eunhee said with a bow as she excited the board room. 

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Junmyeon oppa." 

"Eunhee-yah." Junmyeon said as he smiled at his sister. Eunhee grew up so well. She is as pretty as he could remember, and smart. Eunhee always had a knack for business. When they were younger, they decided that it was Eunhee who would manage Kim Construction, because Junmyeon wanted to be a lawyer. It is not a surprise for him to see her with a high position in one of the top companies in the world. 

"Imagine my surprise when you told me that your office is in Daesan Tower." She chuckled. "It's great to see you again, oppa." 

"It's great to see you after eight years, Eunhee." Junmyeon gave her a small smile. "What happened, Princess?" 

Eunhee froze and paled. "Please don't call me that." She exhaled. "It kind of brings back unpleasant memories." 

"I'm sorry," Junmyeon looked down. He knew that what he did to Eunhee hurt her, but he was still shocked to know that it was to the point that she doesn't want to hear the nickname he gave to her. 

"It's not about that, oppa," Eunhee sighed, she can already read what the man was thinking. "I had a really bad experience with my uncle in Busan. And he used to call me that out of spite. Ever since then, I despised that nickname."

"I'm sorry, Eunhee. Oppa is sorry for not going after you. I- I tried to go, you know. In Busan. When we found out where you were. All six of us went to Busan~" Junmyeon explained. "But when we went there, you were already gone. And I'm just so sorry, Eunhee. If I just went after you that night. None of this would have happened. You would not have been hurt this much. I~" 

"I also would not have met my real family." She smiled. "It's alright, oppa. I'm not mad anymore. When I was in Busan, I always imagined that you would come, charging to my house to save

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter