Thirty Four

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You told me you will handle it." Chairman Oh said calmly. 

Sehun knew that he would rather see his father having a fit than speaking this way. An angry yet calm Chairman Oh is not a good sign. "I'm working on it, Chairman. But VP Kim is currently unreachable-" 

"Unreachable?" Chairman Oh scoffed."Our you just don't want this to affect your relationship?" 

"Father, I-" 

"Don't 'father' me Oh Sehun! I have eyes and ears everywhere!" He slightly raised his voice. "And you are no son of mine if you can't do this simple of a task."

"But-" 

Chairman Oh tossed him a folder. Sehun opened the folder and read the contents, his eyes bulging out of their sockets. He knew what his father is planning to do and Sehun can't let him do it. 

"Father, please~" 

"You really are weak," Chairman Oh sneered. "Undeserving of the surname Oh." 

Sehun stood up and kneeled in front of his father. "I beg you, please~" 

Chairman Oh grabbed his collar. "Stand up!" Sehun started crying. "Stand up you pathetic bastard!" Sehun stood up. "We do not plead to anyone, we do not beg to anyone, we do not cry in front of anyone, and most importantly, we do not kneel for anyone! Do you understand?!" 

Sehun wiped his tears but did not answer.

"You have to choose, Sehun. Are you going to be this way or are you going to be loyal to your family?" His father gritted. 

Sehun clenched his fists and stood up. He knew the answer. It has always been and will always be his choice. 

 

 

 

 

Eunhee kept her eyes closed as she listened to Yixing's calm heartbeat. She was lying on top of him, her head on his chest, left arm around his torso, one leg entwined with his. His left arm is under her neck and s around her shoulders, while his right hand is holding her left arm. She can feel his steady breathing with his lips above her head. 

She wished they could stay like this. 

She knew it was wrong. He is an engaged man, and he is in love with his fianceé, but Eunhee can't help but revel on his warmth and the feel of his arms around her. 

Maybe I am like my mother. 

Although she didn't know if her mother was really in love with Papa back then, Kang Jieun still shouldn't have had an affair with Papa despite the separation if she knew that Papa still had feelings for Mama. He was a taken man, and still in love with his wife, his lovely and kind wife. How could her mother think that her Papa would leave Mama for her? 

How could she think that Yixing would leave Megan for her? 

She suddenly felt hatred towards herself. Maybe Megan is right to be hostile towards her. 

She suddenly felt uncomfortable so she slightly move her leg. Yixing exhaled sharply then coughed. Eunhee immediately stood up and pulled her shirt to hide her exposed legs. 

"Errmm~ Good Morning." She greeted. 

"Good Morning." Yixing choked and cleared his throat. "Let me just get your clothes so that you could change, then we'll head off."

The drive to Busan was silent. Not really awkward, but just...silent. True to his word, Yixing drove from Daejeon to Busan. It took them almost two hours to arrive at the place set in the GPS. 

The car stopped and Eunhee observed what was in front of them. It still has the same homely vibe that it had eight years ago. However, the facade has completely changed from the one Eunhee remembered. Instead of the pull up commercial door, it now has an automatic glass door. The square metal tables and chairs were replaced by wooden tables and cushioned chairs. The place has been fully airconditioned too. The only thing that hasn't changed is the hand painted sign that used to welcome Eunhee when she starts her shift after school. 

"Yerim-ah! Yerim-ah!" A tall teenage girl called as she chased a child who looked no more than five-years-old around the restaurant. 

"YAAAAAHHHHH! OOOOFFFFF!" The child almost bumped into Yixing, luckily the man caught her before she crashed. Eunhee helped the girl stand up straight and smiled. The little girl just looked at Eunhee, then at Yixing then ran inside the back of the counter. 

"Yerim! Oh~ customers!" The teenager was seemingly confused on who to attend to first, the child or Eunhee and Yixing. She decided to go with the latter. "Good Morning! Please take a seat-" 

"Yerim! What are you doing?!" Eunhee smiled as she heard a familiar voice. The door behind the cashier opened and the owner of the restaurant went out with the little girl hiding behind her leg. "Wha- Eunhee?! Kang Eunhee? Is that you?" 

"Auntie Hyo!" she rushed to the woman and gave her a hug. Auntie Hyoyeon still looked the same, she just aged a little, but her face is the same as Eunhee can remember. 

"Eunhee!" The older woman reciprocated the hug. "It really is you! Oh my, you've become more beautiful! I can't believe that you are here!" 

"Wah! Auntie Hyo! Your restaurant looks amazing!" She said as they separated. "So much has changed!" 

"Well, it's been eight years. Come, sit down. Chaeyoung?" She called the teenage girl. "I'll handle this." 

The teenage girl bowed and exited to the door behind the counter, leaving Eunhee, Yixing, Auntie Hyo, and Yerim. 

"Oh! You're that boy, right?!" Hyoyeon exclaimed. "The one who brought a horde of people just to take Eunhee out on a date!" Eunhee blushed at what Hyoyeon said. 

"Hi, I'm Zhang Yixing." Yixing smiled and bowed at the elder. 

"You two are finally together! I knew it! I knew you'd be a great match." 

"Auntie Hyo, we're not-" 

"Thank you. We do look good together, right?" Yixing cut Eunhee's statement off with a chuckle as he put an arm around her and led her to one of the seats.

Auntie Hyo sat on the other side of the table and put Yerim on her lap. 

"Eomma~" the little girl whined and hid herself on Auntie Hyo's shoulders.  

"Aiyo~ Yerim, greet our guests. It's rude to hide." 

Yerim looked at the two people who were smiling in front of her, they look nice and friendly so she gave them a slight bow and mumbled. "Hi, I'm Yerim." Then she bit her finger and hid herself again at her mother's neck. 

"I'm sorry about her." Hyoyeon sighed. "She gets a little shy around strangers." 

"It's alright. How old is she?" Eunhee asked curiously. 

"Turning six this year." Hyoyeon smiled at the little girl. 

"Wow! Auntie Hyoyeon is a mom." 

"I know. I never thought I'd ever be a mother in this old age." Auntie Hyo was already in her late thirties when Eunhee started working at her restaurant. 

"How has everyone been? Are you still in touch with Uncle Wooyoung, Bora Unnie, and Jinyoung?" Eunhee curiously asked. 

"Wooyoung still works here. But he is out on vacation with his family this weekend. Jinyoung left for Seoul after he graduated high school, I heard he is now a teacher for one of those fancy private schools. Bora still lives here on Haeundae and is now married." Auntie Hyo narrated. "What do you want to eat, Eunhee? Er~" 

"Yixing." 

"Issing?"

The two told Hyoyeon their orders and the elder went back inside to prepare their meal. Soon enough, people started to pile in the restaurant and Auntie Hyoyeon was not able to go back to chat with Eunhee. 

"Where are you going after this?" Yixing asked Eunhee as she ate a spoonful of her bibimbap. 

"To Halmeoni's grave, then I'm not sure where. Probably the beach."

"Where are you staying?" 

Eunhee shrugged. 

"You haven't booked anything yet?" He asked disbelievingly. The girl just nodded as as she took a sip of Yixing's sundubu jjigae. "You're staying at the Zhang Intercontinental, then." He shook his head and she just nodded. Still focusing on the food. Yixing looked at her and started to smile. 

"What?!" Eunhee asked mouth still full of food. 

"You're adorable, you know that?" He chuckled and patted her head as she made face. 

They said their goodbyes to Auntie Hyo, Chaeyoung, and little Yerim after they ate their food. Yixing went to the car and asked Eunhee. "Let's go, I'll drive you to your Halmeoni."

"Nah, I'll be fine. Just go ahead and visit your friend." 

"Huh?" Yixing looked confused. 

"You said you were going to Busan to visit your friend." Eunhee looked at him skeptically. 

"Oh, right." Yixing nodded. "But are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" 

"I can take care of myself, Xing." She smiled. 

"Just... text me if anything happens. I'll see you at the hotel later. If you aren't there at five, I'm coming to get you!" He insisted. 

"Fine, fine. You can go there if I'm still not at the hotel at five. Bye, Xing!" 

"Bye, Eunhee!" He said as he sped away, a worried look in his eyes as he saw Eunhee wave at him. 

 

 

 

 

From: Megan Wong

Honey, should I release the statement to the press? 

Yixing ignored the message on his phone. He rang the doorbell on the small apartment in Suyeong, Busan about thirty minute drive from Auntie Hyo's restaurant. The door opened and he was faced with a female in her mid-forties. Yixing immediately bowed. 

"Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter