Forty Two

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun looked up as he heard the gravel crunch signalling that someone is approaching him. He almost groaned when he saw who it was. 

"What are you doing here?" he grunted at the beaming girl. 

"Hey, Grumpy!" she giggled as she straightened her navy skirt and sat at the swing. "Why did you cut class?" she asked as she started to move her feet to make the swing sway back and forth. "Oh~ can you push me?" 

"No-" 

"Please, Sehunie~" she gave him her best aegyo. 

Sehun looked away to hide his blush. He had to admit, Eunhee is really pretty. "What are you even doing here? Go back to school, you might get in trouble!" 

"Awww~ you're concerned about me~" she teased as she put her hands above her chest. She was wearing a maroon blazer above her white blouse, the lion emblem of their school on her right coat pocket. 

"Shut it, Eunhee." Sehun glared. He was wearing the same uniform as her: white long sleeves, navy pants, and maroon blazer with a lion emblem. "If the teachers found out that you went here because you are following me, I will be in much bigger trouble. Your parents and Junmyeon hyung are probably going to think that I am a bad influence on you-"

"But you're not." Eunhee insisted. "If we get caught, I'm going to tell them that I followed you here in my own volition." 

Sehun shook his head. "You shouldn't have come. I don't even want you here." 

Eunhee smiled sadly then looked down. "I just didn't want you to be alone~" she started swaying the swing again. "I'm not going to talk if you don't want me to. I just want to make sure that you're okay-" 

"Then, shut up." Sehun exhaled. She's too noisy. He was enjoying his time alone and she was disturbing him. It was really irritating, the way she hounds him. 

"I'm sorry-" Eunhee started, but Sehun glared at her. She stopped talking after that.

They were silent for a few minutes and Eunhee was observing around her when she saw a car pass by. A Hanshin car. She temporarily forgot that she was supposed to be quiet and starting talking to Sehun. "How was your first day at Hanshin?" she asked gleefully. 

"I thought I told you to be quiet." Sehun glared at her again. 

"I just wanted to see how you've been." Eunhee pouted. "You are the first one among us to start the on-the-job training. But Jongin and I are going to start next year! I am actually quite envious of you. Jongin told me that you even gave up your spot in the dance troupe to help out in the business-" 

"Is that what you and Jongin do all day? Gossip?"

"No. Don't be silly, Sehunie. I am a student council assistant plus I study a lot. I have to stay on top of the class so that I can prove to Eomma and Appa that I can handle the pressure of being Kim Construction's next CEO. So, how does it feel to work for your company? I mean, Hanshin, wow~ one of the biggest conglomerates in Korea, in Asia!" 

Honestly, Sehun felt empty. 

He loved being in the dance troupe with Jongin. But he had to leave. He remembered that night when his father scolded him for coming home late after practice saying that he is wasting his time participating in those kinds of activities. Sehun can still remember his father's disappointed face when he said that he is going to participate in the interschool competition and how his father mocked his love for dancing. 

That night, Sehun decided that he would quit dancing to prove to his father that he is serious about taking over the company. He can't stand seeing that disappointed look on his father's face. All Sehun wanted is his approval. For Chairman Oh to finally say that he is proud of Sehun.

But of course he wouldn't say those things to Eunhee. Who was she for him to tell her these kinds of things? She was just an old friend. An annoying old friend and Junmyeon's sister. 

"Sehun?" she tried to get his attention. 

"It's none of your business. Stop poking your nose in my life-" he exhaled. "Why are you even here? Why do you keep on following me?" 

"I told you already!" Eunhee whined. "I didn't want you to be alone~" 

"I'm fine alone-" 

"No, you're not! No one is. I just wanted you to know that no matter what happens, I am here for you. You can lean on me, Sehun-"

"I don't want you to be. I don't need anyone. Please, just stop pushing yourself towards me-" 

"You know I can't do that! I worry about you a lot, Sehun. Because I love you-" 

"Stop saying that so lightly!" Sehun scolded. 

"I'm not!" Eunhee frowned. "I really love you!" 

"Eunhee we're sixteen. You don't know what love is!" 

"I do! I know that it's what I feel for you!" 

Sehun felt his heart skip a beat when he heard the girl's statement. "Stop it." He stood up and tried to walk away from her. 

"Hey! Sehun! Stop!" Eunhee shouted. "Why do you not believe me whenever I tell you that I love you?" 

"Because you are mistaken, you don't love me." Sehun sighed. "And I won't ever return your feelings. You will always just be Eunhee, Junmyeon hyung's sister to me. Nothing more." 

"I don't believe you-" Eunhee scoffed. "Look here, Oh Sehun. I am going to make you fall in love with me. I will make you fall in love with me so hard and you would eat your statements." 

"I'd like to see you try." Sehun snickered as he walked away from the swing. 

"Hey! Where are you going?" Eunhee went after him. 

"Away from you-" 

"I'm coming with you!" 

"Go away!" 

"No! I'm going with you, Sehun!" 

 

 

 

 

Sehun looked up as he heard the gravel crunch signalling that someone is approaching him. He smiled when he saw the girl dressed in an oversized Valentino hoodie, leggings and Fendi sneakers. She was wearing her round glasses which made her look like a college student. Sehun almost chuckled at how cute she is. 

"Hey-" he greeted. 

Eunhee sat down in the swing beside Sehun's and placed her Moschino backpack on the gravelled ground. 

"That's all you're going to bring?" he asked. 

"Huh?" 

"You're going on a fifteen to sixteen hour flight, to a place eleven thousand kilometers away and that's all you're bringing?" Sehun raised his eyebrows. 

Eunhee smirked and looked down. "How did you know? Did Minseok or Junmyeon tell you?" 

"Psshh-" Sehun scoffed. "Kim Minseok acts like I am a ghost. He doesn't care about my existence. Junmyeon hyung, you know him, he wouldn't tell me those kinds of things. He'd rather that you do-" 

"But you figured it out?" 

"I figured it out." Sehun said smugly. "With my unbelievanly genius mind-" 

"Shut up-" Eunhee chuckled as she hit him lightly. "How did you know, though?" 

"Please, Eunhee-" Sehun rolled his eyes. "You literally dropped everything and ran after Zhang Yixing that day in your garden. You never once looked back to me. You never even contacted me after-" 

"I'm sorry." Eunhee suddenly felt bad at how she treated Sehun. She didn't even consider how he might have felt. 

Sehun gave a sad smile and looked down. "Nah, I've been thinking for the past few days. And I-" he exhaled. "I realized that it was a lost cause. It was always him wasn't it? You love him. You love Zhang Yixing. It was a competition that I can never win. If there is even a competition~" 

There wasn't, I was attracted to you for a bit but it was nothing compared to how I felt for Yixing. Eunhee didn't say it out loud, she was afraid that Sehun would hurt more. "I know that you-" Eunhee looked down. "I'm sorry. You asked for a chance, but I didn't give it to you. I wanted to. But-but I felt that it was wrong. It would be unfair to both of us. I didn't want to give you false hope and be with you knowing full well that I am very much in love with somebody else. It might destroy our friendship. And I don't want it to be destroyed, Sehun. If we go into a relationship and it ends up badly because of my feelings for Yixing, you might end up resenting me. And I can't have that." Eunhee looked at Sehun. "You have been such a huge part of my life, ever since we were kids. I wouldn't be able to take it if you do end up hating me." 

Sehun remained quiet. She is right. If he does fight for her, and Eunhee's feelings for Zhang doesn't waver, they might end up hurting each other. Aside from that, Sehun knows that Zhang Yixing is in love with Eunhee. He was even more sure of that than Eunhee's feelings for the other man. Zhang already gave up everything for Eunhee, and here is Eunhee ready to go back to Zhang. It wouldn't make sense for him to deny those two of their love. 

"I'm really sorry, Sehunie. I know that me going back to New York to tell Yixing how I feel might be a lost cause, but-" 

"It's not." He cut her off. 

"What?" 

"It's not going to be a lost cause, Eunhee." Zhang loves you. He didn't say it out loud because he didn't want to take that chance to confess from Yixing. He should be the one to tell her, not me. 

The two s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter