Twenty Three

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunhee!" A familiar voice called as the elevator doors opened. Eunhee immediately opened her eyes and ran to where the voice was coming from. 

"Yixing!" She exhaled as he engulfed her in a hug. Eunhee can feel Yixing pulling her closer, even if there is no more space between them. It didn't bother her though. She liked being in Yixing's embrace, it made her feel safe and protected. 

All the while, the person who was left alone inside the elevator was looking at the two hugging figures. The suit jacket that Sehun lent to Eunhee was discarded on the floor, a result of her excitement in seeing Yixing. 

Yixing was Eunhee's back and telling her reassuring things when he noticed the man inside the elevator. A while ago, as the elevator doors open, he saw how close Eunhee and the man are to each other. And he saw that Eunhee's eyes are closed, it was almost as if they are about to kiss. The thought left an unsettling feeling in his gut. 

Eunhee suddenly remembered that Sehun is still inside the elevator. "Ah!" she gasped and turned around. "Sehun~" The said man took his jacket from the floor and stepped out of the elevator. "This is my good friend, Yixing. Xing, this is President Oh Sehun of Hanshin Automobile. We were supposed to discuss the details of the partnership, but well~"

Yixing held out his hand for Sehun to shake. "Zhang Yixing." So this is the Hanshin President. The one, who according to Chanmi, knew Eunhee from high school and the one who triggered the VP's unusual behavior after the meeting. Yixing is not stupid, he knew that somehow, this President Oh is connected to Eunhee's past in Seoul. 

"Pleasure to meet you." Sehun looked at how Eunhee and Zhang Yixing interacted. Is this man the reason why Eunhee was so unsure of their interactions? Is he the reason why she is pulling away from him? Are they in a relationship? 

"Thank you for taking care of Eunhee, but I believe it would be best if the meeting is postponed to another day." Yixing said as he placed his hand on Eunhee's shoulder and pulled her closer to him. 

"Of course, Vice President Kim should rest." Sehun smiled at her. "I should too. Eunhee-yah, I'll ask Sooyoung to schedule another dinner, okay? Don't worry about it yet." 

Eunhee nodded and gave him a small smile. "Thank you, Sehun." 

"We should go," Yixing gently said as he squeezed Eunhee's shoulder. "Thank you again, President Oh. And see you around." The two gave Sehun a final bow and walked towards the escalator. 

Sehun quickly pulled his phone out and searched his contacts for a number. When he found it, he quickly pressed the call button. "Mister Lee," he greeted. "I want you to look up two people for me... their names, Emily Kim and Zhang Yixing."

 

 

 

 

"Here, let me help you." Yixing directed Eunhee to sit at the sofa in her suite. He then sat beside her and put her legs on his lap, removing her heels and gently massaging her feet. "Does it still hurt?" 

She shook her head.

One of the best things about Yixing is that Eunhee never had to tell him anything, he knew straightaway if she was uncomfortable or sad. He can always guess what's on her mind. Well, except for the fact that she is head over heels for him. 

"Are you hungry?" He looked concerned. "You didn't get to eat dinner. Do you want me to cook? Or do you want room service?"

"I'm not hungry. I just want to rest." Eunhee sighed. 

"Are you sure?" Yixing asked. The girl nodded. She stood up and was making her way to her room when he suddenly spoke. "Do you want me to stay until you're asleep?" 

Eunhee looked at him and gave him an affectionate smile. Like Minseok, Yixing knew about the nightmares. He knew that she can't sleep well when it's too dark, and although she is not claustrophobic, she was deeply affected by what happened in the elevator. It was good that Sehun was in there with her, she would have had a panic attack if she was alone. "Will it be alright if you do?" 

"Of course, Eunhee." He stood up and made his way to her. "I can always stay. All you have to do is ask." 

"Thanks, Xing. For everything." 

"You don't have to thank me. I would do anything for my precious best friend." Eunhee ignored the pang in her heart. She wanted to cry, to scream, to just bloody tell him that she does not want to be just his best friend. That she wanted more. But she knew that if she did that, it might end badly. He might shun her away. Just as what happened to Sehun when they were younger. Once bitten, twice shy. 

She often wondered if she were to ask Yixing, her or Megan, who would he choose? She knew his answer, and she never asked because she was scared that his response would break her into a million pieces. But the worse thing is that she would take it all if it meant that she would have him by her side. She could take the heartbreak, being second in his priorities, being just his best friend, as long as she gets to stay near Yixing. 

"I'll just change." Eunhee left for the bathroom as she squeezed his hand.

When she got out, Yixing was already preparing her bed, her unicorn plushie already in his hand. He lifted the comforter and she made her way to the bed. He gave her the plushie and tucked her blanket. Then he sat beside her on the bed, above the covers. The lights have already been dimmed and she was starting to yawn. He chuckled as her nose crinkled. He started to sing If Only by JJ Lin softly and  the side of her head to help her fall asleep.  A few minutes later, he felt her relax and her breaths got deeper. He waited for a while before getting out of Eunhee's bed and giving her one last look before leaving. He took out his phone and sent a message to two different people. 

To: Huang Lei 

Please find everything you can about Oh Sehun, the current President of Hanshin Automobile. 

To: Johnny Seo 

Johnny, I need Kim Jongin's contact number, please send it to me as soon as you can. 

 

 

 

 

Eunhee was sitting in one of the booths in a café at Zhang Premiere, one of the luxury department stores of Zhang International. She was sipping her Chai Tea Latte when she saw the person she was supposed to meet. She smiled as she made her way to the man and hugged him. "I missed you!" 

The man laughed and patted her back. "I missed y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter