Thirty

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good Morning, Darling," Sichun greeted as her sleepy daughter entered the Kim Mansion's dining room. 

"Morning, Ma. Morning, Pa. Morning, Haraboji," Eunhee kissed each one of them in the cheek and disappeared to get some hot chocolate from the kitchen. 

"Emi, darling, are you alright?" Her mama asked as she sat on her chair. 

"I'm fine, Ma. Just needed more sleep." Eunhee yawned. She is wearing a Chanel ivory silk pajamas and her hair is on a messy (very messy bun). There are some leftover make-up in her face, and her eyes are red and swollen. 

"You need a lot more than sleep if you ask me." Papa snickered. Both Eunhee and Mama glared at him. 

Minwoo and Sichun are staying at the Kim Mansion, the ancestral house of the Kim family of Daesan Financial Group. It was one of the first houses built in Pyeongchang-dong before the district became known as the “Beverly Hills” of Seoul. It was commissioned in the 1970s by Chairman Kim for his wife Jung Seohyun, and was designed by  good friend, famous architect and Han Realty (now known as Han Global, Inc.) heir, Han Wei (Sichun's father). 

It is a modern french chateau style house (the madame was educated in Lyon as a young girl) with oak double doors and two gothic pillars in the front porch. In front of the house is a fountain of roman goddess Minerva (imported from Venice) holding a book on her right hand and a globe on the other which symbolizes knowledge and wisdom, the virtues that the late madame gives a lot of importance on. The interior of the house is french country style with furnitures imported from Europe, China, Indonesia, and The Philippines. Aside from the mansion, the Kim property also boasts of a garden with wide array of flowers (Sichun insisted on different colors of Tulips to mimic those beautiful fields in Holland) and the small goguma field of the late madame (Seohyun halmeoni loved sweet potatoes). 

"I thought you are staying at the Zhang Shangri-La?" Minwoo asked Eunhee as Sichun placed a plate full of bacon at the middle of the table. 

"But you're here, and I wanted to spend more time with you." She smiled at her parents and disappeared again to the kitchen. Haraboji's eyes were sparkling as he looked at the crispy looking fried bacon. 

"Having a daughter is really good, huh. Look at that heartless son of mine, not even going home to eat with his parents." Minwoo joked. "We are only here for five days! And he didn't even join dinner last time." 

"He's too busy with work." Eunhee replied. That was a lie, Eunhee saw Minseok leave with Miyeon last night. She sat back on her seat with a plate of salad in hand. Haraboji already filled his plate with bacon and was supposed to poke one piece with his fork, when the plate of bacon was lifted in front of him and replaced by a plate of vegetables. 

"YAH!" Haraboji frowned. Eunhee gave him a disapproving look. 

"The doctor said, no fatty and oily food, less processed food, and more vegetables!" 

"Alright! Alright!" The old man grumbled as he ate his vegetables. 

"Darling, would you like to do some groceries with me?" Sichun asked. "I want to make kung pao chicken and mapo tofu, but we don't have ingredients." 

"Okay, I need to do groceries anyway. I'm a bit low on toiletries." Eunhee responded. 

An hour later, they are on their way to a market in Dongdaemun. Although it was a bit far from the Kim Mansion, Eunhee preferred buying ingredients there as they are fresh and they taste better. There is also a department store near the market where they could shop. Driver Bang will accompany them today and after asking the Young Miss Kim where they would be going, he put on his earphones, listened to 'Dance The Night Away' by Twice and started driving. 

Sichun looked at the driver. He looked engrossed at driving and what he was listening to, but one can never tell, so she pressed a button on the armrest of her seat for the privacy divider. Once the partition is fully down, she turned to her daughter. "So, what is this all about?" 

"What? Ma-" 

"Emily Kim, I have raised you for the past eight years. I know when something is bothering you, spill it." 

"Oppa is mad at me~" Eunhee exhaled. 

"Why would he be mad at you? He never gets mad at you, Michael is worse than your father when it comes to spoiling you." Sichun's eyebrows scrunched. 

"I kind of... Errr~ threatened his assistant." Eunhee looked sheepish. 

"Emily! Why would you do that?" 

"Ma, oppa's assistant, Kim Miyeon. She is the same Kim Miyeon that got switched with me, the same one who kicked me out of the family. And he's~ oppa thinks he's in love with her." 

Sichun froze. "Oh, honey~" She made a move to hug Eunhee who was already on the verge of crying. 

"And someone just confessed to me last night and I don't know what to do!" 

"Who? Lay?" Sichun's eyes widened. 

"Ma! Yixing has a girlfriend! Why is everyone saying that?! I'm not a homewrecker! I am not like my mother!" 

"Emily!" Sichun gasped. "Why are you saying that? Kang Jieun was not a homewrecker. Your papa and I were already separated when he had a relationship with your mother. And you are not like that, you are a good, kind-hearted, and strong girl. You are my good baby girl." She said as she comforted Eunhee. 

"Oppa hates me!" 

"He doesn't hate yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter