One

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good Morning!" 

Kim Eunhee greeted as she sauntered to the dining room of the Kim family's villa in Hannam-dong, Seoul. Eunhee was already wearing her school uniform, a white blouse and navy skirt with matching navy necktie, and a maroon blazer . She kissed her parents in the cheek and stole the apple that her brother was eating. 

"Yah!" Kim Junmyeon scolded as Eunhee sat on beside him. "That's my food!" 

"Oppa, you can just get another one. Are you really going to deny your baby sister who is exhausted from school and training, an apple?" she said with a pout. Junmyeon just glared at her and got up to get another apple. "And please get me some juice too, pretty please?" 

"What flavor?" Junmyeon grumbled.  

"Orange. Thank you!" the younger smiled at her brother cheekily. 

Their father just chuckled at the sibling's antics. 

"Don't forget that later we will be going to the Do's newly opened restaurant," her mother remarked. "Do you need Mister Yang to drive you there, honey?" 

"I can just go with Sehunie or Jongin,"  Eunhee answered. "Kyungsoo oppa might be too busy to give me a lift." 

"You are not getting on that monster that Jongin calls a mode of transportation," Junmyeon shook his head disapprovingly. "It's not safe, Eunhee. And Sehun, I doubt that he'll wait for you. Just wait from me in front of Shinhwa's gate and I will drive you." 

Eunhee nodded as she ate her pancakes. "Jongin's Maserati is not bad. I think it would be cool to try it for a test drive." 

"Not on my watch, you're not." Junmyeon scoffed. "That two wheeled abomination is like a summoning drum for accidents." 

The younger girl rolled her eyes and sighed. "Whatever, Junmommy. Not like Jongin's going to let me ride that thing without your permission." 

The rest of their breakfast was filled with the siblings' bickering, funny stories overheard in the office courtesy of their father, and reminders from their mother. Just as Eunhee and Junmyeon stood up to leave for school, their mother called them. "Eunhee, sweetheart, your lunchbox." She said as she passed a pink bag to the girl. 

"Thank you, eomma." The girl pecked her mom again on the cheek. Most of her classmates would rather eat the school's overpriced food just to prove that they have capacity to. But not Eunhee. She loves her mother's cooking. 

"Hey, none for me?" asked her father with a pout as he opened his arms for a hug. 

"Here you go, appa," Eunhee giggled as she embraced her father. He kissed the crown of her head. "Do your best, alright? Appa is always cheering for you." 

"Appa, you are always busy with client meetings and site visits." 

"But appa is still always thinking about you. I cheer for you in my mind." 

"My appa is the sweetest fanboy." 

"And my daughter is the best." 

Eunhee laughed again as she bid them another goodbye and trailed after her older brother to their garage. 

Mr. Kim sighed as he gave his wife a back hug. "She grew up so fast. Can you believe it, our little girl is already on her junior year in high school. Our little princess! Soon we'll have boys lining up outside our door for her hand." 

Mrs. Kim laughed as she turned around and pecked her husband's lips. "You don't have to worry about that, honey." 

"I know," Mr. Kim sighed. "She's still young, and Junmyeon would probably tear the boys apart. But still, our daughter is very pretty... and smart too!" 

"I'm not talking about that." Mrs. Kim chuckled. "Our princess herself would probably shut down any future suitor of hers." 

"Why would she, though? Because of school? Because of tennis?" her husband wondered. 

"Try harder, honey." 

"Unless..." the wheels on Mr. Kim's head seem to suddenly move. "She already likes someone?" he said hesitantly. 

"Bingo!" 

"What?!" Mr. Kim spluttered. "But she's only 17! And how did you know? Did Eunhee tell you? Why would she not tell me?" 

"She's already 17, hon. It's bound to happen. And she did not tell me. I just happen to be... observant. Call it a mother's instict." Mrs. Kim proudly said. 

"If she likes someone... then, who's the boy? Do we know him?" 

Mrs. Kim just turned around and went back to washing the dishes as she ignored her husband's whines to tell her who the mystery boy is. 

 

 

 

"Bye, bye, Oppa. I'll see you later!" Eunhee waved as her brother's Range Rover sped out of the driveway of her school. It has always been their routine. Junmyeon would drive her to school every morning and either him or the family driver, Mister Yang, will fetch her in the afternoon. Junmyeon would not let her take the public transportation, or god forbid let her hitch a ride from her best friend. 

"Hey, Princess!" speak of the devil and he shall appear. 

"Morning, Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter