Two

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Changed OC's name to Eunhee. 

 

The atmosphere is busy in one of the prime commercial locations in Samseong-dong, Gangnam. Attendants wearing cream mandarin collared shirts and cheongsam were scurrying about as Madame Do gave her final instructions before the grand opening of 'Circles', the newest asian fusion restaurant by her husband, Chef Nathan Do. 

"Make sure that you direct President Choi Siwon to table number 3, Liu Wen is seated on 6 and we have to keep them away from each other. There is still no word about the divorce settlement and we don't need those two bickering and stealing Nathan's show. Is Chairman Kim coming?" the woman, who was just about five feet tall but has a scary commanding aura, asked the restaurant's young supervisor. 

"Yes, Ma'am. Chairman Kim Jihoon's office rsvp'ed a 'Yes' for him, his wife, and two children." Answered the young man politely. 

"I obviously know that," Lee Soonkyu sneered at him. "I was asking about the other Chairman Kim, the chaebol one." 

"Oh! That Chairman Kim. There was no response from his office." 

Typical. Soonkyu silently scoffed. That old man never attended any event. Pigs would fly on the day that the old Kim grace them with his presence. Instead, they got the lower tier families, like Kim Jihoon's. 

Soonkyu only ever invited them because of her son's insistence. Kyungsoo is good friends with both Kim children. Though she has to admit, with the big Incheon project that Kim Construction is managing right now, inviting them would probably be of good use later. 

Soonkyu looked at her watch. Seven-twenty five p.m. 

"Look alive people! The ribbon cutting will start in less than five!" 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-yah!" 

"Oof!" Kyungsoo grunted as Park Chanyeol gave him a bear hug. "Get off of me, Park!" 

"Why?" The older whined. "We've only been attending university for three weeks but we already miss you. Don't we, Baek?" Chanyeol spun his head around to look for his missing best friend who was just walking behind him a while ago. "Baek? Baekhyun? Oh no! Kyungsoo, I've lost him!" 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Chanyeol, "He's just there with Eunhee, you dummy." Baekhyun was seemingly conversing seriously with Eunhee. He was wearing a tailored red checkered suit and matching trousers, while the girl was wearing a blue short sleeved sailor dress paired with a Manolo Blahnik blue satin shoes.  

"Let's go to them then!" Chanyeol excitedly said as he dragged the smaller guy to where their friends are. 

"-but I think she should have matched it with pumps instead of wedge." Kyungsoo heard Eunhee faintly. She turned her attention to him and Chanyeol when she saw them approach. "Hi, Kyungsoo oppa! Congratulations on the new restaurant! I already greeted uncle and auntie a while ago. They told me that you were part of the team who created the menu." 

At that, Kyungsoo smiled. He is very passionate about cooking. Aside from his natural talent in the kitchen, cooking is also one of the things that made him and his father become even more closer. 

"Thanks, Princess. You know, you were actually the first one to congratulate me about the menu."

"I object!" said a deep voice from behind them. "I was the one who told hyung that your bulgogi ciabatta sandwich was good and that you should let uncle try it, which then led to uncle realizing that you were ready to make your own recipes in your restaurant." 

"Whatever, Kim Jongin," Eunhee scoffed. "Stop stealing my thunder!" 

"I am just stating the facts," said Jongin. "Where are your brother and Sehun? It seems that you forgot about them once you and Baekhyun hyung started being all judgy with everyone's outfits." 

"We are not judging their outfit choice. We are evaluating." Baekhyun dismissed the younger. "Junmyeon hyung just went to get some drinks. And you know Sehun, where hyung goes, he follows." 

"Oh, you are all here." Junmyeon noted as he passed a glass of cucumber juice to his sister. 

"So... how did you like the food, hyung?" asked Kyungsoo hopefully. 

"I love it, Kyungsoo-yah! Especially the curry kimchi pancake." Junmyeon answered. At that, Kyungsoo let out the breath he was holding. The younger was very eager to ask what his hyung thinks because aside from his parents, he wanted to get Junmyeon's approval on the menu he co-created. 

All five of the boys give high regard to Junmyeon. Not only because he is the eldest, but also because he is the one who takes care of all of them and defends them. He is also the glue that keeps their little group tight-knit. They endlessly and scoff at his "dad jokes", but at the end of the day, they respect him the most. 

It is also the reason why Eunhee is a part of their group even if some of them (ehem... Sehun... ehem) is annoyed by her.  

"Uh-oh!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Look away, Sehun. A girl wearing too much pink and last season's Louboutins at nine o'clock." 

"What nine o'clock? The clock just struck eight!" remarked a confused C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter