Three

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1998

"Good Morning, Everyone!" 

"Good Morning, Teacher Seo!" about a dozen children scampered around as they tried to find their seat, Eunhee and Jongin among them. It was a fine spring morning of April 12th, and Eunhee was excited with what Teacher Seo has planned for them. For Eunhee, she is the best teacher of all. She is tall and beautiful and elegant, and she plays the piano and teaches them to sing, and she lets them draw whatever they want during art class. 

Teacher Seo then beckoned someone from the door to come closer. "Everyone! This is Oh Sehun." A boy about their age with a mischievous but cute face and an eyesmile walked towards her. "He will be your new classmate. He used to have a tutor at home, but now he wants to make new friends."

Eunhee raised her hand and was given permission by Teacher Seo to speak. "Teacher Seo, what's a chuter?"

"Good question, Eunhee!" Teacher Seo exclaimed and Eunhee smiled proudly. "A tutor is a teacher too, but instead of having kids go to school, he or she goes to their house."

"But how about the other kids. Do they go to Sehun's house too?" asked another student. 

"The other kids don't go to Sehun's house, Jinhwan. Only his tutor does." Teacher Seo explained. 

"But who does he play hide and seek and tag with?" asked Jinri, another classmate. 

"What's that?" a confused Sehun asked. 

"Hide and Seek is when we hide and someone tries to find us. Tag is when we run around and chase each other. It's really fun!" said a very excited Jongin. "I'll teach you!" 

"Sehun enrolled here to have more friends to play with. You can also help him with reading, and singing, and drawing," explained Teacher Seo. "Now, where should Sehun sit?"

"Here! Here!" Jongin suggested. "Sehun can sit here so we can talk about Gundam. All Eunhee talks about is her Barbie and Polly Pockets." 

"Hey!" Eunhee protested. "Barbies are more fun, can you brush the hair of your Gundam? No! Because it does not have hair!" 

"Jongin, Eunhee, don't fight. Both toys are perfectly good. Sehun, you can sit on Jongin and Eunhee's table." Teacher Seo directed Sehun to the table in the middle. 

"Hi! My name is Kim Eunhee. This monkey beside me is Kim Jongin. We live near each other so driver Yang sometimes drives us but sometimes driver Lee drives us." 

Sehun has no idea who driver Yang and driver Lee are but they seem like good people. 

"Hi, I'm Sehun and driver Kim drives me, butler Park goes with him too." Sehun told them. Eunhee told him the name of their drivers so it is only proper to tell his too. 

"So... Sehun..." Jongin started. "Do you have a Game Boy Light?" 

 

 

 

2002

"What a game! It's a pity that we lost. But still, how was your first World Cup, kids?" Kim Jihoon asked the four elementary school students eating with him in the restaurant at the Zhang Intercontinental Hotel Daegu.

Junmyeon, Chanyeol, and Sehun started to talk about the game animatedly. 

The FIFA World Cup is being hosted by South Korea and Japan, and one of the contractors for the maintenance of the stadiums is Kim Construction Limited, the company owned by Junmyeon and Eunhee's father. Because of this, Mr. Kim was able to secure prime seats for the battle for third place between South Korea and Turkey. It was the biggest sporting event in the world and he made sure that his children would be able to watch such a phenomenon. He heard from Junmyeon and Eunhee that some of their friends would not be able to watch despite wanting to, so he got more tickets for them. Every kid should have the opportunity to be a part of this historic ocassion, especially if they are interested in the sport. 

Junmyeon went with his friend, Chanyeol. Chanyeol is a year younger than Junmyeon and his parents were not able to get seats for the match. 

Eunhee sighed at the end of the table. She was not really interested in the World Cup. Sure, it was fun to scream whenever Korea makes a goal, but she didn't really care if they win or not. Honestly, she would rather stay at home and play The Sims or watch reruns of Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens rather than go to Daegu and watch the game. She's not even a fan of football. Her sport is tennis and she has started training with a private coach, but Sehun really wanted to watch the game. Jongin would be watching the final match between Germany and Brazil in Yokohama. He and his father are already there, so it was just her and Sehun left in Korea. If she leaves Sehun alone, then she wouldn't be a good friend now, would she?

They will be staying at the hotel until tomorrow. So they would be able to celebrate Sehun's birthday tonight. Chanyeol asked Sehun if his parents aren't mad that he is not going to celebrate his birthday with them. The younger just shrugged, his parents don't even care anyway.

Sehun's Antares 3510 phone (the latest phone model!) rang, and he hurriedly excused himself from the table and asnwered the call from home. It was probably his parents calling to wish him a happy birthday. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi," the familiar voice on the other line answered. "Young Master Sehun. This is Park calling."

"Oh, hello, Butler Park. Why are you calling?" 

"I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday, Young Master Sehun." 

"Oh... Thanks! Errr... Park? Did my parents call or ask about me?"

There was a moment of silence on the other line. "I'm sure that they are very busy right now, Young Master. And they have been flying to different parts of the world, they probably did not know what date it is today or where they are." The butler laughed nervously. 

"It's okay, Park," Sehun sighed. "Just let me know if they leave any message for me. Thank you again for your greeting."

"You are very welcome, Young Master. I hope that you are having a wonderful time in Daegu. I'll see you tomorrow!" 

"Yeah... See you tomorrow." 

Sehun ended the call and took a deep breath.

Three years.

It's been three years since his parents last greeted him on his birthday. They always send him new gadgets, toys and clothes but they have never celebrated with him since three years ago. 

 

 

 

 

2006

"Please accept my love!" Sehun held out his arms and bowed his head as he tried to give a pink box tied with a dark pink ribbon to Bae Joohyun. She is a high school student and Sehun's tutor. Bae Joohyun is an extremely pretty, quiet girl. She needed the extra money so she applied as Sehun's tutor. Butler Park was very apprehensive in getting Joohyun as Sehun's tutor but the Young Master insisted that his Joohyun noona should be his tutor. 

Just a few weeks ago, with a little help from Kyungsoo and Jongin, Sehun realized that he would like to start courting Joohyun. He decided to make his first confession special and asked his friends for some help. Kyungsoo and Eunhee were the ones who baked the brownies inside the box that he was holding out to the older girl, while Jongin and Eunhee were the ones who decorated the place where he would confess (Eunhee wanted to make sure that everything goes perfectly for Sehun, so she became very involved in planning this event). 

Eunhee, Jongin, and Kyungsoo were all hiding behind a tree on the park that the event was set up. They were eagerly waiting for Joohyun's answer and hoping for the best for Sehun. 

"Sehun-ah..." Joohyun sighed. "I'm really sorry. You are too young. I really only see you as a little brother." 

"But, noona, will you wait for me? I am already thirteen, in a few years, I will be in high school." 

"Sehun-ah. By that time, I am sure that you would have caught someone else's eye. You are a very cute boy, it's just that I really only see you as my little brother. And... I am kind of seeing someone." 

I am kind of seeing someone. 

Kind of seeing someone. 

Seeing someone. 

Sehun felt as if his world stopped spinning. 

"I am really sorry, Hun. You are very young, this is probably just a crush that you won't remember when you are older." Joohyun gave him one last pat on the shoulder. "I'll get going now." 

Sehun would never forget the day of his thirteenth birthday. Because it was also the day that he felt his first heartbreak. 

 

 

 

 

2009 

Envelopes and packages of various sizes fell as Sehun opened his locker. He sighed as he picked some of them. When will these girls learn? Ever since the failed confession to Joohyun noona, no one ever caught his eyes again. It may be becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter