Thirty Three

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ticket, please?" 

Eunhee smiled as she handed her ticket to the East Asia Airlines flight attendant. "Thank you, Ms. Kim Eunhee. Here is your boarding pass, this is your seat," The flight attendant said as she circled the seat number. "Boarding starts at 3:25 PM, you are boarding on Gate Number 10." 

"Thank you," Eunhee bowed as she made her way further inside. 

Eunhee is at Gimpo International Airport waiting for her flight to Busan. It was her first time in an economy flight, the best way to get out of Seoul undetected by Yixing or her brother. She knew that they are all probably looking for her, and the last place that they would look at is an Economy flight to the place that they thought she hated the most.

After the huge fight in her office, she stormed off to blow some steam. Then she had this brilliant idea to escape, to just leave them all and go to Busan again.

And she did. 

It was a friday anyway, and the work day is almost done. She just wanted to get away from the stress, of Yixing, Sehun's confession, her brother, the corruption in the company. And she haven't visited Halmeoni ever since she left. Although she is always in Eunhee's heart and memories, the girl feels bad that she hasn't visited her grandmother's grave yet. 

She unclasped the chain in her necklace and placed it on her bag. For the first time in eight years, she took the necklace off. 

 

 

 

 

"Zhang!" Jongin barged into the office of Zhang International's CEO and President. 

Johnny was behind the Jeguk director as he continuously bowed to Yixing. "I'm sorry, Sir. I tried to stop him-" 

"It's fine, Johnny." Yixing held his hand up. "Can you please give us a minute?" The assistant gave one more bow and scurried out the door.

"What is it, Kim?" 

"I may have found a lead that is worth checking out." He gave Yixing a bunch of pictures. It was of a middle aged woman with short bob-cut hair. "That is Secretary Kwon Miyoung. The late Daesan CFO Kang Joonsang's assistant, she left Seoul just after his funeral. The last person she was seen talking to is-" 

"Megan Wong." Yixing said blankly as he looked at the pictures of his fianceé and CFO Kang's Secretary. ". Kim, this might be bigger than I thought." 

"That's why I went straight to you as soon as I saw this." 

"You said that Secretary Kwon is no longer in Seoul. Where is she now?" Yixing asked. 

"Busan." Jongin replied. "In that address at the back of the last photo." 

"Looks like I'm going to Busan then."

"And remember, don't take anyone with you and stay lowkey to avoid suspicion. Now for my payment-" Jongin smirked. 

"What payment?" 

"I didn't find all these information just to give it to you for free!"

"You told me you were not doing this for me." 

"You should be thankful that I got you that information." Jongin scoffed. "Maybe I shouldn't help you next time." 

"You were doing this to-" 

"I'm not going to ask for a big payment," Jongin rolled his eyes. "I just need to borrow your private plane for the weekend." 

"What?! Why?" Yixing scrunched his forehead. "And how am I supposed to go to Busan?" 

"There's this thing called a commercial flight. I'm sure you're familiar with it, since your family owns a freaking airline." 

"Fine!" Yixing pouted. "But don't do anything gross. I'm warning you, I will ask my staff to blacklight it after." 

"Sure, sure." Jongin laughed as he made his way out of the Zhang heir's office. 

 

 

 

 

"Good Afternoon Passengers, this is your captain speaking. I was just informed that there was an accident in Gimhae International Airport in Busan, nothing major, no casualties and there were only a few passengers with minor injuries. However, we have been advised to cancel all flights to Busan for this evening as the runways will be inoperative for the clean up and investigation. We will be redirecting our flight to Incheon International Airport for your safe descent. As much as we want you to get to your destination, our first priority is your safety. Once we get to Incheon, the ground crew will be discussing your other options and alternatives. Thank you and apologies for the inconvenience."

Eunhee and 122 more passengers groaned as they heard the captain's announcement. This was supposed to be her weekend getaway, why is the universe throwing a curve ball at her plans? 

Well then, she would just have to deal with this once the flight lands in Incheon. She is going to do whatever it takes to get to Busan undetected this weekend. But not trains. She cannot stand trains, she gets motion sickness whenever she rides them. She remembered when her family went to Europe for two weeks and they had to ride a train from Paris to Amsterdam because Minseok wanted to. She was sick throughout the entire ride and kept on going to the toilet to vomit, then she had migraine the whole time they were in Amsterdam. Needless to say, her and trains do not mix well. 

They got to Incheon International Airport and it was chaotic. All of the flights to Busan were cancelled and most of them were diverted to Incheon. Some of the passengers agreed to stay overnight on hotels, some got on coach buses that will drive them to Busan tonight. There was one more seat in the bus and Eunhee was supposed to get it, but then she saw a young mother and baby who badly needed to go to Busan so she gave up her seat for them. 

"I'm sorry miss, but I'm afraid you would either have to wait for the bus to comeback or wait for the Aviation Authority to send us an all clear to operate the Busan flights again." The attendant told her. 

"That's alright, I'll just wait for the flights to open. What room and hotel will I be in?" She asked. East Asia Airlines passengers are booked to different Zhang Hotels in Seoul and Incheon for the night. 

"I'm afraid there are no more rooms, Miss. We already booked all of the rooms available for economy flights and we still have to wait for some of the first class passengers." The attendant gave her a sympathetic look. "You can either opt for the full refund or you can wait at the airport-"

"No need." The voice made Eunhee stiffen. The ground attendant bowed at the sight of her boss, Eunhee frowned when she saw that the girl blushed lightly at the sight of him. "Miss Kim will go with me, we will just take a rental car." He beamed showing the other girl his smile and dimple, which made Eunhee want to punch him. 

"Come on, angel. It's going to be a long drive." He chuckled as he led her to the parking of the rental car. 

"You already rented one?" She asked. "Why are you even here? Are you following me? And where is your plane? why are you taking a commercial flight?" 

"Too much questions, Eunhee. But since I know you won't rest until I answer them, I was on my way to Busan when my flight in Incheon was delayed then cancelled. No, I am not stalking you. My plane was borrowed by a friend, that's why I am here." 

"Which friend?" She asked suspiciously. "I know all of your friends."

"Eunhee," he sighed as he stopped in front of a black Audi Q7. "Wait a minute~" Yixing squinted and faced Eunhee. "How come you're here? Why were you flying to Busan? I asked Chanmi this morning if you were going anywhere for business this weekend but she said you're staying at Seoul." 

Eunhee looked away nervously. 

"Are you... perhaps..." He put his forefinger and thumb on his chin and raised his eyebrows. "Running away from Seoul?" 

"I am not! I am only going there for the weekend." 

"Then does Minseok hyung know that you are going to Busan?" 

Eunhee looked away again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter