Eight

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And this is the art room. You can use the supplies here, just make sure to write them on the log sheet so that we can make proper inventory." Her new homeroom teacher, Ms. Kwon, said as she toured Miyeon around Shinhwa High School. The girl was in awe of her new school. It was a week after they moved to the Kim's house, and Mr. Kim expedited her transfer to Eunhee's private school. 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim and Junmyeon oppa has been very welcoming to her and her grandmother. Eunhee on the other hand... 

Miyeon is not really sure about how the other girl feels about her. Eunhee stays silent during dinner and never really chats with her. She doesn't even say a thing to Miyeon when they bump into each other in any part of the house. When she asked Mrs. Kim, she said that Eunhee is probably still not feeling well and is still recovering from her accident. She found out that about a month before, Junmyeon and Eunhee got into a car accident, and the girl was the one who received most of the injuries. It was too bad though. Miyeon really wants to make friends with her, especially because she is new to the school and she hoped that being friends with Eunhee would help her adjust easier. 

"Eunhee!" she called and waved when she saw the other girl on the hallway. Eunhee just gave her a curt smile then resumed talking to the girls surrounding her. It seems that Eunhee is very popular in the school. She saw a poster of Eunhee with some other students on the school lobby advocating proper waste segregation. According to Ms. Kwon, the students in the poster are the officers of the student council. 

"Oh! You know Kim Eunhee?" the teacher asked curiously. 

"Yes, we actually live with them. I am a distant cousin of Eunhee." 

"That's good then, you won't have a hard time trying to make friends." Ms. Kwon commented. "Anyway, just let me know if ever you need anything or you can also ask Eunhee. I'm sure that she'll be glad to help." 

"Thank you, Ms. Kwon. I'll see you later!" 

Miyeon bowed and made her way to the cafeteria to eat lunch. She spotted Eunhee again on a bench outside, this time she was sitting with two boys. One is a very handsome boy who looks like a model straight out of a magazine and the other is a very cute boy with round eyes and heart shaped lips. She waved to Eunhee again and gestured that she would only get her lunch then join them. 

"Who's the weirdo?" Jongin asked Eunhee. 

"Just a distant cousin. She and her grandmother has been staying with us for the past week," answered Eunhee. 

"You don't seem pleased," commented Kyungsoo. 

"I'm not. It's really uncomfortable for me to have other people in my home." 

"Did you talk to auntie and uncle about it?" Jongin said as he took a bite of his chicken sandwich. 

"No, there's no need to tell them. As long as she doesn't get in my way, I don't really care." Eunhee shrugged and she was about to eat a spoonful of her stew when she saw two figures emerging from the cafeteria. 

Sehun has his arm around Soobin and he was whispering to her. The girl giggled at what Sehun said. 

Eunhee just glared at the couple. "I suddenly lost my appetite, urgh. You guys want to get slushies from The Frosty Palace?" 

"Can't. I have a lunch and learn thing for seniors." Kyungsoo sighed. 

"Aw, that's too bad hyung. I hope they are not that tough on us next year." Jongin shook his head. "But anyway, I'll come with you," he addressed Eunhee. 

"Great! Let's go!" 

"Wait, Eunhee!" Kyungsoo called for her. "What about your cousin?" 

"It's not like I am holding her stomach." She rolled her eyes. "She can eat without me present." 

"Alright, I'll just tell her that you stepped out a bit."

"Thanks, oppa."

 

 

 

 

"Eunhee! There you are!"

She came in late again tonight because she was working extra hard at the hakwon. She missed quite a lot when she was recovering in the hospital and she wanted to catch up. Her mother is sitting on the living room and beside her is Miyeon. 

"Hi, eomma. What's up?" Eunhee said not bothering to greet the other girl. 

"Your birthday is coming up. So I talked to Miyeon about it. You know that you two have the same birthday, right?" 

Eunhee nodded. 

"You see, darling," Mrs. Kim said as she brushed Eunhee's bangs to the side of her face. "Miyeon told me that it is her dream to go to Paris. And while we could not do it yet because it is still the middle of the school year, we can still go to our version of France. You know that newly opened theme park in Gapyeong? It's french themed and we were actually hoping that you would agree to just celebrate your birthday there." 

"What?" Eunhee's eyebrows furrowed. "But I don't think Sehun or Jongin or any of my friends would enjoy that."

"Honey, I was actually thinking that we should just celebrate it as a family. Just the six of us." 

"I already told my friends that we'll be having a party! And at The Zhang Regency! We already reserved their pool, right? And it's less than ten days before my birthday, if you cancel now, then you'll have to pay cancellation charges." 

"The cancellation charges does not matter. We really want to celebrate this year with family, and Miyeon might not be comfortable going on a party with your friends." 

"And I should be the one adjusting for her?" Eunhee scoffed. "I'm the daughter of this house, why should it matter if she is comfortable in my birthday party?" 

"Eunhee, that's enough!" the thundering voice of her father startled everyone in the room. "We are going to Petit France on your birthday, and we are cancelling the reservation at the hotel for your party. And that is final!" 

Eunhee gave her parents and Miyeon a contemptuous look. "Thanks for ruining my birthday, Kang Miyeon." She said then stormed to her room. 

"Eunhee! Yah! Kim Eunhee!" Her father called but she did not look back. Mr. Kim sighed and massaged his temples. 

"It's alright, honey. I'll try to talk to Eunhee again tomorrow." Mrs. Kim said to her husband. 

 

 

 

The next day, Eunhee was preparing for school and packing her snacks when Miyeon's grandmother approached her. 

"Here," the lady said with a smile as she handed Eunhee a lunchbox. 

"What is this?" 

"I-I prepared a lunchbox for you~ I hear from Miyeon that you don't like the school cafeteria's food and you keep on eating outside." Eunhee almost rolled her eyes, she was not eating at school because she doesn't like to see Sehun and his girlfriend flaunting their relationship and Miyeon trying to get all chummy with her. "The food outside may not be healthy, so I made you this." 

"Look, ahjumoni. We eat at high quality restaurants." Eunhee really tried to keep her tone even so as not to sound condescending. "I'm sure that the food that they serve us are not junk. And you don't have to worry about me, worry about your granddaughter instead." 

"Still, you can just try it once and if you don't like it then I won't give you tomorrow." 

"You know what? Fine." She said as she snatched the lunchbox from the old woman's hand. 

"Be careful on your way to school!" Misook called out. Eunhee never turned around or acknowledged her. "Have a great day, my granddaughter." Misook whispered to herself. 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter