Twenty One

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From: Annoying Bear

Yo, Hee! Where are you? Let's go for lunch? 

It was 11 A.M. the morning after the club incident and Eunhee was at the Daesan Financial Tower in Yeouido. Since it was a Saturday, no one was at the office but Eunhee wanted to get a feel of the place before her official first day on Monday. The Daesan Tower is one of the most known buildings in Seoul's Financial District, not only because of the grandeur that it possesses (it has been renovated by the best architects in the country in 2010) but also because of its rich history (it has been in Seoul ever since after the Second World War). The first few floors are commercial floors, where their biggest bank and insurance branch are located. And there is a museum floor, where the history of Daesan Financial is presented. The next few floors are being rented out to other companies. The main office starts at the 20th floor, Jongdae stays at the 21st floor with the Underwriting and Risk staff, Eunhee's office is with the Finance staff at the 28th floor, and Minseok is on the highest floor, the 36th floor. 

Her office is a little bit more spacious and open here that the one she was used to in New York. It has been a while since this office has been occupied. Eunhee's predecessor, Kang Joonsang, passed away five months ago due to sudden heart failure. A month after that, she has been named as the interim CFO of Daesan Financial, with one of the AVPs, Hwang Yoochul, in charge of the department on site and Eunhee has been managing them remotely on top of being the Director of Operations in the New York office. Technically, she was the first of the cousins to be onboarded to the head office, but haraboji wanted to announce her official appointment at Daesan's 75th Year Anniversary this March. But his health has not been cooperative with his plans. 

To: Annoying Bear 

I'm at Daesan Financial Tower in Yeouido. You know the place? 

A few seconds later, her phone pinged. 

From: Annoying Bear

On my way 😉

Eunhee sighed. Jongin is still as pushy as before. Somehow it made her happy, though. It's good to know that she still has someone here in Seoul. That someone still cared for her after all these years. 

Eunhee pressed a button on her phone. "Chanmi, please let security know that a 'Kim Jongin' will be looking for me. Just let him through, and please remember how he looks like. I have a feeling that this won't be the last time he will barge in here." 

"Noted, Vice President. I'll let them know."

Chanmi is a really dedicated assistant. Eunhee already told her not to come to the office and just to enjoy her first weekend back in Seoul, but the girl wouldn't budge. She told Eunhee that she has to take care of the paper works that are left so that she can do more productive things once they officially start on Monday. 

"Woah! This is one swanky office." Kim Jongin remarked as he strolled inside. Chanmi was just about to tell him off when Eunhee gestured that it was okay. 

"Maybe try to enter properly next time." Eunhee sighed. "You nearly gave poor Chanmi a heart attack. My assistant values security, you know." 

"Oh, that cute little thing outside. Her name's Chanmi?" 

"Don't even think about it, Kim Jongin." Eunhee said sternly.

Jongin laughed and messed up her hair. "I'm just messing with you. Come on, VP Kim. Let's have lunch." 

"It's only 11:30 Jongin." She rolled her eyes. 

"So? It's a perfectly good time to have lunch." Jongin shrugged.

"Let's go then, you troublesome baby." Eunhee sighed. "You probably won't shut up until I go with you." She grabbed her Prada sling bag and dragged Jongin outside. "Chanmi," she called her assistant. "I'm going with this idiot for lunch. I might not be back later, so please go home and try to enjoy your weekend. You're too young to be cooped up in the office." 

Chanmi nodded and promised to go home once she finishes the remaining paper works for the transfer and for the audit. 

"So, where's your car? Or are we taking a cab?" Eunhee asked her friend. 

"Hee, have you forgotten my favorite mode of transportation?" He asked as they made their way to the parking lot. Jongin stopped in front of a black Harley Davidson FLHXSE and threw Eunhee a pink helmet. "Hope I got the right size." He chuckled. 

Eunhee fixed the helment on her head and positioned herself behind Jongin. "You better not kill me." 

"And have that boyfriend of yours peel my skin off and chop me to pieces?" Jongin scoffed. "No, sir." 

"What are you talking about? What boyfriend?" 

"Hang tight, Missy." He said as he sped away. 

About fifteen minutes later, a black Porsche Cayman parked itself on the parking spot of the Vice President and CFO. Yixing came out of the driver's seat pressing his phone to his ear. He has been trying to call Eunhee for the past thirty minutes but she hasn't responded. He knew that she was probably hungry from all the work that she is doing, so he brought her some homecooked Chinese food. He was about to enter her office when Chanmi suddenly stopped him. 

"I'm afraid VP Kim is not in, CEO Zhang." The girl said. 

"What? She told me she'll just be reviewing some files here." 

"She was, Sir. But someone came in here a while ago and took her out for lunch. VP Kim said that they might be awhile and she might not make it back to the office." 

"Someone came for her?" Yixing asked, puzzled. None of his friends told him that they would be taking Eunhee for lunch. "Who is it?"

"Oh, it's a gentleman named Mr. Kim Jongin." 

 

 

 

 

"So, explain." Jongin said as he stared at Eunhee seriously. They are at 'Charcoal', one of Nathan Do's restaurants that is now under Kyungsoo's management. 

"About?" 

"Come on, Hee." Jongin sighed. "You disappear for years, and then I found out that you are the VP of Daesan Financial, you call another man your brother, and you have a scary possessive boyfriend."

"Who are you even talking about? I don't have a boyfriend, Jongin!" 

"That man who was always with you at the Police Station." 

"You mean Yixing?" Eunhee laughed a bit. "Yixing's a good friend, Nini. There's nothing more between us." 

"No, I can see it. You can't." He said exasperatedly. "And don't try to avoid the question by explaining whatever complicated thing you and Issing or whatever has. What.happened.to.you?"

"It's a long story, Kai." 

"Then you better start talking or else we'd be here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter