Thirty Seven

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhee arrived in front of the Zhang Shangri-la only to find it swarmed by the media. She wondered which A-list celebrity is the hotel's guest this time. She was wearing a hoodie to cover her face because she was not wearing any makeup, Eunhee was on a rush to get back to her room to rest and think about what transpired between her and Yixing early this morning.

She was just walking past the throng of reporters when someone called her. 

"Ms. Kim? Ms. Emily Kim?" A reporter asked. Eunhee looked at the reporter, then chaos ensued. She ran to the hotel lobby just as she heard questions being thrown to her left and right. 

"Ms. Kim, is it true that you are not Han Sichun's daughter?" 

"Are you really having an affair with Megan Wong's fiancé?" 

"What can you say about the Daesan Financial stock drop?" 

"Do you not feel guilty about having a relationship with your friend's boyfriend?"

"Is it true that you and Mr. Zhang usually sneak out of the city together? We have pictures in Daejeon, Busan, and Shanghai, and couple more a few years ago." 

"How is the Chairman? Can you update us about his condition?" 

"Ms. Kim, is it true that the board wants you to be voted off as Daesan's CFO?" 

Eunhee was able to escape the reporters outside as they are not allowed inside the hotel. She was already hyperventilating and she has no idea what is happening. What are they talking about? An affair with Yixing? Stock drop? Something about the Chairman. The chairman is her Haraboji. Her being kicked out of Daesan? Her vision was blurring both because of the lack of oxygen and the tears. She was about to collapse when someone caught her. 

"Hee!" 

Eunhee was leaning to familiar person who caught her. "Nini-" 

"Come on, Hee! Let's go. We better hurry!" Jongin said as he dragged her towards a secluded portion of the lobby. "You need to breathe first, Hee. Breathe!" 

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. 

Eunhee closed her eyes and counted one to ten. 

"Are you okay now?" asked Jongin. She nodded. "Alright, then let's go." He led her towards the elevator up to the floor of her room. Eunhee was about to enter her suite when Jongin dragged her to Yixing's room. 

"Jongin? What?" 

"Zhang asked me to." He simply answered. 

"Oh my god! EMILY!" The girl was engulfed in a hug. 

"Hey! Hey! Let her breathe!" Jongin chastised. "She almost had a panic attack." 

"Wendy! You're here!" Eunhee exhaled. "And~ oppa?" She looked at her cousin then at her bestfriend, then at her cousin again, then at her bestfriend. 

"Woah, woah there, Emi! Keep your neck steady, kiddo~" Jongdae chuckled. 

Eunhee looked at the both of them pointedly. "What is happening?" 

"Well, first things, first." Wendy grimaced. "I'm kinda~ not pregnant~" 

"WHAT?!" Eunhee looked at her bestfriend incredulously. 

"Yeah~ False alarm. I was just really tired and I needed rest, hence the delay in my period. My body is also rejecting food because of stress. So-" 

"I punched Jongdae for you!" 

"He needed it-" 

"Yeah, and it hurt like a -" 

Wendy and Jongdae said together.

"What?!" Jongdae looked at the girl beside him. 

"I said what I said, babe. You needed the punch." She patted Jongdae's cheek lovingly. 

"What the hell is going on?" Eunhee pointed at both of them. 

"We're kind of back together now." Wendy said sheepishly. 

"YAH! Why do I feel like you are not happy?" Jongdae whined. Wendy just shrugged. 

A knock was heard in the front door. Eunhee was about to stand up and open the door when Jongdae gestured for her to lay down on the sofa. Eunhee looked at him questioningly but obeyed. Kai went to the door and peeked. He sighed and opened it. 

"WHERE IS EMS?!" 

Eunhee immediately stood up and ran to the new comer. "Zitao!" She engulfed him in a hug. 

"You're okay! You're okay! Oh my god!" Tao repeatedly said. "I thought those vultures got a hold of you." 

Eunhee suddenly scrunched her forehead and looked at the people around her. "Alright. Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?!"

"Emily, they know." Jongdae looked at his cousin seriously. "About Kang Jieun."

Eunhee paled as she heard the name. She almost fell if not for Tao and Jongin supporting her. The two men then led her to sit on the couch. 

"They? Who-" 

"The media, Ems. Everyone." 

Eunhee started to cry. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, oppa!" 

"Hey~ hey! Why are you crying?" Jongdae sat down on the center table in front of her. "Hey, Ems. Look at me. Why are you crying my sweet little Emily?" 

"I'm sorry, oppa! I didn't tell you. You are my cousin and I didn't tell you! I'm sorry!" 

"Hey!" Jongdae said as he hugged her. "Hey, it's okay. You must have a reason for not telling me, right?" Eunhee nodded. "Oppa knows. Oppa understands." He nodded as he wiped his cousin's tears away. 

"I'm so sorry!" she sobbed. "I'm sorry for lying! Tao! Wendy! Jongin! I'm so sorry!" 

"There's one more thing, Ems." Jongdae exhaled. "Haraboji. Haraboji~ he-" he closed his eyes and breathed heavily again. "He suffered another cardiac arrest last night." 

"What?! Is it because of- Is it because of me?!" 

"NO! No. He had the attack hours before the news broke out. It's fine, Ems. It's not your fault." 

"I'm sorry! Oh god! I am so sorry!" 

"It's okay!" Jongdae caressed her back. "It's okay, my little sister. It's not your fault. It's never been your fault." 

 

 

 

 

Yixing jogged towards the elevator of Zhang Shangri-la. His plane arrived minutes ago and he rushed to the hotel to get to Eunhee. He already asked Jongin to look out for her at the lobby because he had a feeling that reporters might show up. And he was not wrong. The front entrance of the hotel is packed with journalists and cameramen. He doesn't understand why this has to be an issue. They are private people for goodness sake! Not celebrities! 

It was a good thing that Jongin already alerted him about the reporters, so he was able to avoid them by using the back entrance. Many of the guests have also been complaining because of the inconvenience that the reporters camped outside are giving them. But, honestly, Yixing didn't care. All he cares about is his Eunhee. He needs to get to where she is to make sure that she is safe. His poor angel must be so scared now. 

He was just about to press the elevator button when he heard a firm voice. "Yixing." 

Yixing turned around to see one of the most powerful man in Asia, the Chairman of Zhang International, his father, Zhang Shaofeng. "Pa." He greeted back. 

"What are you doing, son?" Shaofeng walked towards Yixing. "It was pure chaos out there. The guests are being bothered. And is it true that you are having an affair with Emily? I already told you before you dated Megan, you should have resolved your feelings

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter