Twenty Eight

What Goes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I found it! I think I found it, Sunbae!" an excited Jisoo said as she ran towards Junmyeon. They are in one of the meeting rooms, studying a case that will be tried in court next week and Jisoo thinks that she had found a breakthrough. 

She didn't notice that there was a pen on the ground causing her to stumble and lose her balance. Luckily, Junmyeon was there to catch her. He caught her by the waist, not noticing that he grabbed her middle when she almost fell. Junmyeon and Jisoo were staring at each other, the girl's heart thumping as if she was running a marathon when there was a sudden knock and the meeting room's door suddenly opened. 

"Lawyer Kim, someone is looking for~" the administration assistant stopped as she noticed the closeness of the two lawyers. 

"Err~ Are we interrupting something?" Eunhee asked as she emerged from behind the assistant. 

"Eunhee!" Both Junmyeon and Jisoo exclaimed as he helped the girl stand up properly. 

"Hi, Junmyeon oppa, and err~" Eunhee actually forgot the name of the girl. She remembers that it was the same girl who gave her the calling card a few weeks ago and who claimed that Eunhee saved her from bullies. 

"Jisoo! Kim Jisoo from 2-D!" 

"~right. Jisoo-ssi." Eunhee smirked, she noticed that Junmyeon still has his hand on Jisoo's back. "Oppa, are you available to talk right now or would you like me to come back later?" 

"You can talk to me now, I'm sure Laywer Kim and I can discuss later." Junmyeon suggested. 

"Right~" Jisoo said awkwardly, then looked from Eunhee to Junmyeon several times. 

"Errr~ is it alright if I talk to you in private, oppa?" Eunhee asked. 

"Oh~Oh!" Jisoo exclaimed. "I should go, shouldn't I? I should." She nodded. "I'll talk to you later, Sunbae. Great seeing you again, Eunhee!" Jisoo bumped against one of the tables as she hurried outside. 

Junmyeon chuckled as he looked at the girl's back. And Eunhee smiled at him smugly. 

"What?" Junmyeon asked, his brows furrowed. 

"Nothing, Nothing," Eunhee chuckled as she took a seat. 

"So, Eunhee. Why are you looking for me?" The atmosphere changed from teasing to tense as Junmyeon looked at Eunhee seriously. 

Eunhee sighed. "Oppa, I need your help." She then took out something from her bag, a calling card of some sort. "I want to hire you as my legal counsel. I have been snooping around the company because I noticed something fishy in the financials." She gave the card to Junmyeon. "I asked the auditor to recheck the books, but they have been slow so far. I'm afraid that they are already colluding with someone from the inside, so I decided to do a separate investigation." 

"Kim Seokjin, Founding Partner, KSMY & Company," Junmyeon read the card. 

"Jin is one of my sunbaes in Columbia, we were both in the Asian Students Union, but he was an Accounting major. When he went back to Korea, he opened a small auditing firm with his good friend. Although they are a relatively new and a small firm, I trust that Jin and his associates will do the audit with integrity." Eunhee exhaled. "And I have a feeling that someone might target me after the audit is done and the anomalies are revealed, I'm going to need your help with legal matters." 

"Eunhee~ If that is the case, then this could be huge. You could be in danger~" 

"I know. That's why I'm asking for your help. You're the only lawyer who I can trust. Can I count on you, Oppa?" 

Junmyeon frowned. "Eunhee, can't you just let this go. I'm worried for your safety-" 

"I can't." Eunhee said firmly. "If something illegal is happening in the company, I have to stop it. Three generations of my family built that company with their own blood and sweat. I can't just let it go. I have to protect my family's legacy. But if you're not-" 

"Of course, I will." Junmyeon shook his head. "I won't let you fight this alone, Eunhee. What about your brother?" 

"I don't want to burden him right now, he has got a lot on his plate. Plus, if everything ends badly, I don't want him to be involved. He's not going down with me~" 

Junmyeon was astonished at how much Eunhee changed. His princess who he used to protect when she was younger, who he used to drive to and from school, is now fighting battles on her own. She is not a meek princess anymore, she is now a fierce general. "Then, I'll go down with you too. I will be talking to our Partner and telling her that I will take the job as your legal consultant. You probably just need to sign something and do some admin stuff to formalize that you are our firm's client, but I'll help you expedite that. I promise to be by your side Eunhee, no matter what happens. I will be the brother that I never was in the past eight years." 

"Thank you, Oppa. And here~" she said as she placed an envelope on his desk. "Now that you are a part of the Office of the Vice President, you are cordially invited to Daesan Financial's 75th Anniversary Ball. It's tomorrow, by the way." 

"Tomorrow?! Eunhee~" 

"I'm going now, Oppa. See you!" She opened the door only to find Jisoo holding stacks of paper to be delivered inside. "Oh~ and you can bring a plus one." She winked at Junmyeon as she sauntered out to the lobby. 

 

 

 

 

"... I've seen it and I think that it looks really good, you know. Baekhyun did a great job in designing the dress and he really knows what suits me and what fits my character. Baek wanted me to use another jewelry but I told him that it wouldn't do because I haven't taken this necklace off ever since it was given to me. Good thing that the pendant is sapphire, he said that I could wear it since it matches the dress color." Eunhee rambled on as she lay on one of the hospital beds.

It was the day before the Daesan Anniversary Ball and she was getting her vitamin C infusion at the hospital that Wendy is working at. After the rain debacle last night, Wendy suggested that she should do preventive measures. Even if she did not catch cold, does not mean that she wouldn't. Eunhee was just lucky that her immune system is working perfectly today. "It's too bad that you won't come. Papa and Mama are already on the flight back. They would love to see you again." 

"Yeah~ That's too bad." Wendy said lifelessly as she fixed the IV connected to Eunhee. 

"Are you okay, Wendy?" 

"Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I be okay?" 

"You just seem out of it-" 

"Well, you'll also be out of it if you had a seven hour surgery, rounds, and six hours in the emergency room." Wendy snapped. 

"Sorry~" Eunhee put her hands up in surrender. "But no need to bite my head off, I was just asking." 

"I'm sorry, Ems. I'm just-" We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter