The Closet

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s play a game,” Bobby said turning to face me as he stopped the car at the red light. 

 

“No.”     

 

“Ah, come on, humour me.” 

 

“No.”

 

“Please,” Bobby said bobbing out his bottom lip trying to act cute. Someone should tell this fool that’s only an effective tool of persuasion when used as a small child. 

 

If only I had taken the time to learn how to drive and get my license. Then I wouldn’t be sitting next to this idiot and have to listen to the rubbish that spews out of his mouth. “Fine.” 

 

“Ok, I like to call this one who would you rather,” Bobby said. 

 

I didn’t give him the satisfaction of a reply. 

 

“I’ll take your silence as a go-ahead to start the game then.” 

 

Nope. 

 

Still not gonna give this twerp the reaction he so badly wants. 

 

“Would you rather go on a date with Jisoo, Jennie, Chaeyoung or Lisa?” He asked, barely holding in his laughter. 

 

Have I ever mentioned that I hate my brother? 

 

“You’re so funny, Bobby. I don’t know why you bother going to school with the budding comedy career you’ve got going for you.” 

 

***** 

 

Ok, kid, you got this. 

 

I’d finally got to school and away from the annoying entity that is my brother. 

 

That was step one completed. 

 

Now for step two. I’ve got to successfully get to my locker, retrieve my books and go to my first class without seeing Jisoo, Jennie, Chaeyoung or Lisa. 

 

I knew I’d have to face them all at some point, I just wasn’t ready yet. I need to know the right way to deal with this. Not just for me but for them too. Especially for Jisoo, she’s been my best friend for years, she doesn’t deserve some half-cut explanation. She was far too important to me to do that. 

 

Despite the evident dark cloud hanging over my head, I tried to look on the bright side. At least it was unusually nice outside today. It was one of those baby-blue skies, not the psychedelic candy-blue nor the washed out grey so characteristic of wintry mornings. The clouds were as puffs of radiant joy, ready to disperse into the wind, to travel our earth. 

 

What are clouds even made of? Water? Air? I should’ve listened more in geography. 

 

Sometimes I regret getting distracted too easily. 

 

For example, if I hadn’t been admiring the weather I’d have seen a very angry Jennie storming towards me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter