Avoidance

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I scratched absent-mindedly at the words written on my wrist. Why me? Why can't I be normal? 

 

It had been a day since my 18th birthday and I was still in shock. Sure, I’d tried to prepare for the worst case scenario but no worst case scenario ever included having four soulmates. 

 

"You ok?" I come crashing back to reality as I read the worried look on Bobby's face, I must've had some weird face cause I just nodded and began to spoon more cereal into my mouth as an attempted way to avoid my inability to keep my facial expressions in check.

 

"Y/N? Hello! I asked you a question. Who's on your wrist?"

 

"No one."

 

"Come on, your eighteen, you got your name."

 

"Well, maybe I'm one of the unlucky few who didn't get theirs at the age of eighteen." I snapped probably a little too mean, but I don't care. Just because he’s my brother it doesn't mean he has to know every god damn detail about me. 

 

Ever since this stupid soulmate situation occurred I’ve been fighting myself. What the hell am I suppose to do? Walk into school and just ignore four people? No way am I facing that hell today. I'm skipping school for a reason, I don't give a about English literature and the stupid conflicts that a character can have. The doorbell rang pulling me out of my internal fight once again.

 

“Hanbin’s here so I’m heading off. See you later loser.” Bobby said as he rushed out. 

 

My mom finally decided to make an appearance during my dire time of need. 

 

"Y/N, you look pale. Sit on the couch and I'll fix you up a nice cup of tea." Mom stated as I gave her my empty cereal bowl; brushing by me, she headed straight to the kitchen and soon I hear the kettle start to boil. I sat down on the couch trying to act as if everything was normal and I was A-Okay. Mom returned with two cups of some strange herbal tea and set down the cups in front of us as she placed herself beside me; wrapping me gently in her warm embrace. 

 

“So, I guess this is about your soulmate tattoo?” 

 

"It’s so messed up Mom, It’s messed up real bad." Mom tightened her hug around me.

 

"Is it that bad? Oh please don't tell me your soulmate’s one of those delinquent boys who hang around outside the liquor store.” 

 

“That’s your definition of bad?” 

 

“Don’t change the subject Y/N.” 

 

“Fine,” I said rolling up my sleeve and revealing my wrist to my mother. I watched her facial expressions change rapidly within seconds.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter