This is a bad idea...

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"L-Lisa, let go of my arm..."

 

The tall girl had a solid grip on my wrist as she led me through the school halls. "Just come on, Y/N. Trust me."

 

"Easier said than done." 

 

She led me to one of the many stairwells and practically dragged me up the entire staircase. We made it to the top floor, but the stairs kept going up until we ended at a door with "roof access" written across it. "Lisa, I don't think we're allowed up here."

 

"Oh, come on. If they really didn't want us coming up here they wouldn't leave it open." Proving her point, Lisa pushed the door with her hand and it flew open with ease. 

 

The roof was completely empty except for a few fans and other hatches, along with a waist-high ledge running across the border. Lisa ran out and spun around before jogging over to the edge. "See, come here." She exclaimed.

 

I approached the edge—from a distance—and looked out. I could see the entire city, the glass buildings sparkling in the sunlight. "W..wow, this is actually..."

 

"Awesome, right?" Lisa put a finger to her lips. "But this is my secret spot, so don't tell anybody okay?" She backed away from the ledge to where I was standing, and then flopped down onto her back. "Lay with me, Y/N."

 

I frowned. "On that filthy roof? I don't want bird on my clothes."

 

Lisa waved her hand back and forth. "Stop being so serious and relax with me."

 

it. 

 

With a sigh, I started to brush away some of the leaves and dirt with my sneakers before carefully sitting down. Lisa grabbed my shoulders and pulled me the rest of the way until we were both laying on our backs, looking at the sky.

 

There was a comforting silence as we both looked up at the clouds. It was reminiscent of fresh snowfall covering the entire sky. There was a pattern of waves and patches of puffy clouds stretching across my entire field of view.

 

"It's beautiful," I said softly.

 

"I thought you'd like them." Lisa pointed her hand up towards the sky. "Look, doesn't that kind of look like a cat?"

 

I tried to make out what Lisa was pointing at, but couldn't really see it. "Not really. The sky looks more like a bunch of marshmallows, it's hard to make out shapes..."

 

"Yeah, you're right," Lisa said and lowered her hand.

 

The clouds slowly drifted across the sky, illuminated by the low sun. It was hard to tell if they were really moving or not without a reference, but the pattern subtly shifted as time went on. We started to lose track of time.

 

I could hear ambient noises coming from below. There was the occasional shout from someone on the ground or the chirping of birds. But for the most part, it was calm and quiet.

 

"So, did you manage to improve your English lit grade?" I asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm currently averaging a solid B thanks to your excellent tutoring."  

 

"That's good. At least you don't have to worry about getting kicked off the dance team now."

 

"Mmhmm."

 

A minute later a flock of birds flew across the sky, disturbing me from my cloud watching. We turned our heads to the side as the flock settled into a tall tree on the edge of campus.

 

"I have snacks," Lisa said. "Want some?" She sat up and reached into her bag. First, she pulled out some chocolate bars, and then two cans of soda.

 

"How fancy."

 

"Do you want any or not?"

 

I sighed but reached out for a bar of chocolate and soda. Lisa grinned and handed them over. We stood up and walked over near the edge of the building to eat, using the ledge as a table. T

 

I took a bite of the chocolate and looked out at the city. "We neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter