Sick

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I stared into gorgeous brown eyes, completely transfixed as they darkened to deep black, burning with intensity. She leaned forward and whispered into my ear, her voice rough with emotion, "I love you, Y/N." My heart almost stopped beating as I stared up into those beautiful vibrant orbs, glowing with warmth, a confusing mixture of emotions displayed there. The brown enthralled me and I was lost, drowning in everything that was her...  
"Y/N!" The shrill voice of my mother ripped me from my dreams.  
God, she has got an annoyingly loud voice. Why is she even here? Doesn't she have work or some ?  
I slowly slipped into consciousness, blinking furiously against the morning sunlight. Struggling to sit up, fighting with my tangled blankets, I finally achieved an upright position. Taking in a deep breath, I realized I found the process difficult. There was a rising pressure on my chest which felt like a ton of bricks were resting upon it. I attempted to take another deep breath which only resulted in a large coughing fit.  
Bad idea, Y/N.  
I swallowed cautiously, afraid of the consequences. Ow, my throat ached. Another bad idea, Y/N. An exasperated sigh ripped from my throbbing throat as I threw myself back into my mountain of pillows.  
How on earth had I gotten sick?  
I'd only gone to the cinema last night with Lisa and then a coffee shop. It wasn't even that cold outside and I had worn a jacket out. Maybe this was my punishment for having four soulmates. Yep, this was some ultimate karma.  
I sighed again and attempted to stand up. Sick or not, I needed a shower desperately. Lifting off the bed, my vision blurred and I fell backwards onto with a loud thud. Well, this was not good. My limbs were as stiff as a board as I reluctantly returned to the sanctuary of my pillows. I lay there miserably, replaying last night's dream in my head. I couldn't make out who the owner of those eyes was.  
My daydreaming was interrupted as my mother walked into the room, "Hey, Y/N! You planning on getting up today? You're meant to be at school in an hour…"  
I opened my mouth to explain my body's current state of affairs, but all I managed to get out was a hoarse croak.  
"Are you sick darling?" My mother asked concernedly, sitting down on the edge of the bed and reaching out to place her hand on my forehead.  
No, not at all. I'm obviously the embodiment of peak physical health at the moment.  
"Geez, you're burning up. Guess you're not going anywhere today, huh?"  
No genius. Uh, I hate being ill. I always get so grouchy and irritable.  
I shook my head. She smiled gently down at me, "do you need me to bring you anything?" I shook my head again. "Well, alright. Just give me a call if you do. I'll pick up some magazines for you on my way home, okay?" I merely smiled gratefully at her and nodded. "Okay, see you later. Try and get well." Waiting until she had left, I reached over to my bedside table to retrieve my phone. I should probably charge it in case I need to phone anyone later. I was surprised to see that I had a text from Jisoo—  
Jisoo: Morning, you still on for our date tonight?  
Damn, I'd nearly forgotten about that. I suppose I'm going to have to postpone now. I don't want Jisoo to get sick too.  
I thought about ringing her to explain and so experimentally cleared my throat, only to be met by searing pain. I guess I won't be talking much today.  
Y/N: I'm sick, Chu. I think I have the flu. We'll have to reschedule when I feel better. Sorry.  
I waited anxiously for Jisoo's response; secretly hoping that she would offer to come over. I knew it was a weekday, she had class, but it being ill alone.  
My phone buzzed again and I checked it rapidly.  
Jisoo: Oh well, I hope you're well soon.  
Staring at the message in disappointment, I momentarily scolded myself for being so naive. It's not like she's under an obligation to spend time with you! Plus, It's Jisoo. She's the most straight-laced person I knew. I sighed yet again and pulled myself out of bed cautiously.  
Thankfully my balance stayed in check and I survived the painful trek downstairs. In the kitchen, I stocked up on food for the day before returning to my room with my loot. Switching on the TV to entertain me since nothing else would.  
I was halfway through an episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta when the doorbell rang. I chose to ignore it. It's not like I could talk to the properly anyway. My focus shifted back to the two arguing women on the TV when the doorbell rang a second time. Seriously? What is their problem? I'm trying to watch these middle-aged women fight over who has the best veneers. Groaning drowsily, I walked to the front door and yanked it open. My mouth fell open in shock when I saw Jisoo standing in front of me, holding a family size box of tissues and a bottle of flu medicine.  
"Surprise!" Jisoo s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter