Uncle Seunghyun

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My alarm clock beeped loudly and vibrated violently on the bedside table sharply at eight o’clock in the morning. I let out a loud groan from underneath the mound of blankets and sneaked my hand out to shut the alarm off before it committed unintentional suicide on the floor. 

 

I grunted again before swinging my legs off the bed and slightly stumbled as the blood rushed to my head. When I was sure that I could walk, I grabbed my phone off my bedside cabinet to look at my messages. I had one from Jisoo asking if I needed a ride to school. 

 

How was it already Monday? 

 

After I showered and dressed for the day, I grabbed my bag and skipped down the stairs, attracted by the mouthwatering scent of pancakes in the kitchen.

 

I walked into the living room to see my Uncle Seunghyun reading the morning paper and drinking what looked like an espresso. 

 

When the hell did he get here? 

 

I dumped my bag on the couch and made my way to him, grinning at him as he didn’t seem to have noticed my presence. 

 

Time for a surprise attack. 

 

"Uncle!" I greeted brightly and giggled when he jumped at the interruption and abruptly put down the newspaper. His tense features softened when he saw me and smiled.

 

He opened his arms and I quickly leaned down hug him, laying a kiss on his cheek as I did. "Good morning, Y/N." He grunted as he stood, putting a fist to his back and thumped a couple of times. "This hip here is really not listening to me as I grow older," he complained and slung an arm lightly around my shoulders. 

 

“When did you get here, Uncle?” I asked. 

 

”Late last night. I’m in town for business and thought I’d come to see my niece and nephew.”

 

We walked together into the kitchen to see Bobby twirling around, stirring pancake mix as he hummed along to Ariana Grande on the radio. I glanced up to meet Seunghyun’s similarly amused eyes and together, we shook our heads silently before taking our seats at the dining table.

 

Oh my god, Bobby you tool. 

 

I in my lip to stifle the laughter bubbling inside my chest and Seunghyun was watching amusedly as Bobby kept dancing around, unaware of us. When he finally opened his eyes as he stopped in our direction, he did a double take and light pink tinged his cheeks as he realized what he was doing when we were sitting there. 

 

He huffed when he saw that I burst out laughing and Seunghyun’s shoulders were shaking with so much force as he repressed his laughter. 

 

"Y/N, stop it you goon!" Bobby almost-shrieked, feigning anger but he couldn't keep the slight curl of his lips as both Seunghyun and I were still laughing. “Uncle, make her stop laughing!” 

 

He threw up his hands in innocence and chuckled. “Not possible. She can do whatever she wants to and I can't stop her." Then he paused and it was as if he could feel my amused yet attentive stare into his back. "Except for a few things," he added, looking over his shoulder and sure enough, I was there with quite a forlorn look on my face.

 

Bobby sighed and untied his apron before putting the plates of pancakes respectively on the table and sat in his own chair. 

 

“Eat up, Y/N! What are you waiting for? It’s not every day your generous bro makes your food." Bobby said loudly, shovelling the food into his mouth. 

 

“Where’s Mom?” I asked Bobby as I took a bite of my pancakes. 

 

“Probably at work.” Bobby shrugged. “Not too sure. She wasn’t here when I woke up.” 

 

As we enjoyed the breakfast, Seunghyun began, "So, Y/N." I immediately thought, uh oh. That tone was special. If uncle used that tone, he was definitely in gossip mood or strict overbearing uncle mood. And to be honest I’m not sure which was better. "How was your date with Chaeyoung?” 

 

Who the told him about that?

 

I nearly choked on the pancakes in my mouth but quickly disguised it as me clearing my throat. I picked up a glass of milk and drank it, trying to prolong time. I could see over the edge of my glass that Bobby was smirking down at his food. 

 

Of course, it was Bobby. 

 

I fought the overwhelming urge to roll my eyes and put my glass down, turning to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter