The Showdown

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why is life so complicated? 

 

I must have done some bad in my past life to deserve this. So far, I have wasted ten minutes of my life in this stupid park for little kids listening to these four girls argue. I really didn’t know how much more I could take of this. 

 

”I’ve known her for years – you've all been here for like two minutes!" Jisoo shouted, getting annoyed with the other three girls. 

 

"That's not fair!" Jennie snarled, "The amount of time I’ve known her means practically nothing, she’s still mine.” The anger from her eyes showed the raw determination within, the girl who was taught to fight for what she wanted and to win. I could see the pain beneath it and her trying to block it out with a facade of indifference. 

 

“In case you haven’t noticed, Jennie, she happens to be all of ours,” Chaeyoung argued back.

 

“Hey, guys…" I tried to interject but was ignored. 

 

Lisa frowned and frustratedly slung a hand on her hip. “She can’t be with all four of us, Park Chaeyoung.”  

 

“Trust me, I know that," Chaeyoung scoffed. "And soon you will too when Y/N chooses me."

 

Jennie growled lowly, "What makes you think you even have a chance with Y/N? I’m the only one who can protect her properly.” She sent a lethal glare in Lisa’s direction.

 

“Guys!" I interrupted louder this time, but to no avail.

 

Lisa jumped up from her seat. “That wasn’t my fault. I didn’t ask BamBam to get involved.” Although her protests fell on deaf ears as Jennie continued to glare at the Thai girl. 

 

“At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what we all think. The final decision is Y/N’s.” Jisoo said calmly, attempting to defuse the tension.

 

“Remember that when her final decision is choosing me.” Lisa quipped which caused them to all starting shouting nonsense at each other again. 

 

“As if she’d choose you, bamboo legs.” 

 

“It’s not like you’re any better you angry midget.” 

 

”Say that again and the only dancing you'll ever be doing again will involve the use of a wheelchair.” 

 

Chaeyoung interrupted Jennie and Lisa’s heated war of words. ”You two arguing is pointless considering Y/N has already agreed to go on a date with me.” 

 

Oh . 

 

Thanks, Chaeyoung. That was not gonna go down well. 

 

In perfect unison, the other three girls turned to face the girl in question in horror, which in any other circumstances would have been relatively comical. 

 

”She’s what?!" Jennie said, sitting up straight abruptly on the park bench. 

 

”There's no way I'm letting you take Y/N on a date,” Jisoo declared firmly, leaving no room for discussion. Obviously, she had decided to renounce her peacemaking ethos. The normal cheer had evaporated from her eyes. Her customary warmth gone faster than summer rain on the tarmac.

 

The Australian girl laughed in response. ”Who’s gonna stop me?” 

 

”Pest control, you overgrown chipmunk,” Jisoo hit back, squaring up to the taller girl. 

 

"GUYS!" I yelled this time, stopping the four angry women in their tracks. 

 

They all turned to look at me, blinking stupidly, as though they'd forgotten I was even there. "I'm right here so don't speak as though I am not," I started, "Also, you guys fighting definitely isn’t going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter