Apologies

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat by the open window in the sitting room, observing the scenery, letting my hand hang out of it to feel the soft wind.             

Under the gentle spring sun, its rays warmed my skin - like kisses from the divine. The leaves had that soft green and the ground was scattered with vivid blooms whose petals danced in the breeze. I love spring. I spread my fingers wide and fanned them through the damp air - like I did when I was a kid trying to fly, only now it's just something that makes me smirk. Birds above hopped from branch to branch, letting out their sweet melody.

This morning, everything was so serene and tranquil, it was preventing me, even if only momentarily, from dwelling on my thoughts. 

“So, Y/N, hows the one woman production of four weddings and a funeral going?” Bobby asked with his usual stupid smug smirk. 

Well, that didn’t last very long. 

“What do you mean?” I asked, not really caring about his response. I just wanted to be left alone to enjoy the breezing coming from the window. I wanted one morning without having to think about my ed up soulmate situation. 

He laughed. “Well, you’ve got four people who want to marry you but choosing only one will be your funeral.” 

“Shut up.” 

“Bobby, stop aggravating your sister.” My mother entered the room-silencing the overgrown child in the corner. 

“But—“ 

Mom sent him her famous ‘don’t you dare talk back to me child’ glare. “No buts, Bobby.” 

Take that, Bobby. 

I smiled at him to sweeten my victory which annoyed him even more. 

My mother sat down next to me on the sofa and took the television control away from my side. “Hey!” I protested weakly, not really caring. 

“My house, my controller, Y/N.” She said smiling as she switched on some cooking show. “Also, you seem to be more interested in looking out the window than watching the tv.” 

Bobby stuck his tongue out at me in revenge. 

ing child. 

Moving away from the window, I pulled my hand out from it. I decided to check my phone and saw that Junhoe had messaged me asking if I had done the Spanish homework yet and I got a few new friend requests on Facebook. However, what caught my attention the most was the couple of Instagram messages that I had missed from Lisa. 

lalalalisa_m: BamBam told me what he did

lalalalisa_m: I’m so sorry Y/N 

lalalalisa_m: If I’d have known he was going to hurt u I would have tried to stop him

I felt bad for her. It wasn’t her fault that her brother was an overprotective idiot. 

Y/N: I’m fine :) 

Y/N: It's not ur fault 

lalalalisa_m: I’d still like to make it up to u tho

Y/N: u rly don’t need to Lisa 

lalalalisa_m: I know but I want to 

lalalalisa_m: meet me at the cafe near the library in town in an hour 

There was obviously no point in arguing wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter