The Last Supper (Part 1)

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So...how 'bout them Yankees?"

 

Jennie and Chaeyoung glared at the loud, but charming Thai girl. Their intense glares made the girl chuckle awkwardly and look back down at her plate. Lisa picked her fork back up and began to shove food in to fill the awkward atmosphere. I rolled my eyes, almost ashamed of the tall girl chowing down on the meal that I had provided.

 

"The dinner is lovely," Chaeyoung commented, taking a bite of the dish, doing the opposite of the blonde-haired girl next to her. She took smaller bites and chewed them delicately, trying to appear lady-like.

 

"Thank you," I replied, giving my soulmate a tight smile. It was plain to see that the Australian girl wanted to leave a good impression, and maybe seem superior to her counterparts. 

 

Now, at this dinner table, it sat five people, two more than usual. Jisoo sat at one end of the table and the two younger girls sat on one long side of the table, side-by-side. And I found myself sitting on the opposite side, facing them as they ate, next to Jennie. 

 

While Jisoo, Chaeyoung and Lisa were in an extremely awkward conversation(or no conversation), Jennie paid no attention to them, too busy with her mission. If you stared at her, you would see the girls' arm slowly inch over to me, resulting in me gasping lightly. Once again, you wouldn't have noticed that if you weren't looking at us. And even if you had been, you would have come to the innocent conclusion that I had merely bit my lip or tongue while chewing my food.

 

That was the innocent conclusion.

 

As time went on, I felt the heat of a blush creep over my face. Jennie, on the other hand, remained as cool as ice. Oh, she was getting a kick of the fact that she was feeling me up, during dinner, right in front of her competition. Her fingers had moved their way past my dress and and travelled right up to my-

 

"Oh!" I gasped out loud as I felt her finger brush against me and everyone turned to stare, all giving me concerned looks. 

 

"Sorry. I bit my cheek." I muttered and picked my fork back up.

 

Jennie smiled knowingly. "It's getting a little hot in here, right Y/N?" The she-devil asked teasingly. I choked a little on my water and glared at the brunette, who merely grinned back.

 

"What-" Jisoo started but her words were soon drowned out by the sound of breaking glass. 

 

One again, everyone turned towards me.

 

Water dripped off the table and spilt on the carpet below. I jumped up quickly and tried to stop the spill of the water with my hands. "I'm so sorry! I knew I should've used the plastic cups." I wailed slightly, trying desperately to forget the feeling of Jennie's slender hands edging up my thigh. 

 

"No need to get worked up over a bit of water, Y/N. I'll help you clean it up." Jisoo said, rising to her feet and following me into the kitchen. 

 

As I left the room, I glanced towards Jennie to see the sly girl smirking at me behind her glass of wine. 

 

It was going to be a long night...

 

*****

 

Jisoo was busy getting the broom from the closet in the hallway so I took a moment to lean back on the counter and breathe. If this night goes any slower, I'll have aged at least twenty years by the time it finishes. 

 

I brushed a hand through my hand and exhaled a large breath. 

 

"So, your nights going well then." Bobby's voice called out through the room. "You're already hiding out in the kitchen."

 

"Bobby, what are you doing down here?"

 

"Getting a drink."

 

"There's some leftover pasta in the fridge if you want it."

 

"You are a legend, sis." 

 

"Thanks. I'll leave you to it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter