mors vincit omnia

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I looked at Lisa's legs with a mixture of confusion, disgust and amusement... but mostly amusement. 

 

Like how the had she gotten herself into a situation like this? 

 

"Okay..." I began, as the humiliated Thai girl rolled her eyes. "Tell me why you did this?"

 

Lisa huffed. 

 

"Y/N," she whined. "I've told you a hundred times."

 

"I just wanna hear it one more time," I said, raising a finger for emphasis. 

 

Lisa sighed. She really didn't look like she wanted to retell this story again. 

 

"Okay," she started, hanging her head in defeat. "Ten dared me to stick a whole box of waxing strips on my body and I know I probably shouldn't have agreed but he was calling me a chicken. Lalisa Manoban is no chicken."

 

"You're an idiot who sticks waxing strips all over themself instead."

 

Lisa glared at me.

 

"Why did you put them all on your legs? You could've spaced them out a bit and made it less painful."

 

"I just thought it would make it go quicker."

 

I laughed as I inspected Lisa's legs, each one covered with five long, fabric strips that ran from her knees to her ankles, stuck firmly to her legs with the sticky wax solution. 

 

"Please, Y/N…just do it…quick…"

 

"Okay, okay, okay." I calmed my case of the giggles and looked at my soulmate, shoulders slumped, eyes downcast, cheeks glowing red. "Now, this may sting a little," I said, reaching for the first strip.

 

"Now, remember," Lisa said, grabbing ahold of the towel and clenching her jaw, "just…do them all really fast."

 

"I know, Lisa," I said in a condescending tone. "Now, brace yourself."

 

I held Lisa's skin taut as I gripped the edge of the strip. "One…two…THREE!"

 

I started pulling and after the third strip, Lisa howled, screaming every foul word I think she knew. I cringed, praying that I didn't accidentally pull off any skin along with the strip. 

 

"Okay, okay, last one!" I said as I tore off the last strip. I pushed the offending, hairless strips off the bed, and looked at my poor soulmate, red face covered in tears, shaking from the pain.

 

"Oh, ," I exclaimed. "Are you alright?"

 

Lisa in a huge breath of air and started breathing again.

"Yeah," she said in a quiet voice. "Yeah…I think so. Thanks."

 

I nodded. Lisa's eyes burned holes into the comforter, trying not to look at me. 

 

I picked up the tub of sugaring solution.

 

"I wonder if this stuff is edible," I pondered out loud, trying to diffuse the tension. I read silently through the list of ingredients. Oh . I quickly put the tub down, pushing it out of sight.

 

"What is it?" Lisa asked.

 

"Nothing," I said, my face beginning to pale. 

 

Lisa looked at me suspiciously, then lunged for the tub, quickly reaching an arm past my body and retrieving it.

 

"Y/N…"

 

Lisa read over the ingredients, and then the instructions.

 

"Solution dissolves in warm water!?" she screeched. "I went through excruciating pain for nothing?"

 

"Well, would you look at the time. Jennie is gonna kill my if I leave her waiting any longer," I said, climbing carefully off the bench and making my way towards the door of the changing room, "I'll see you tomorrow. I got a driving lesson to get to."

 

*****

 

Sundown. The rosy hue of the purpling sky was strained and stretched out into a luminescent sky of an ancient world long forgotten by time. A dusting of powdered white was laid out in a thin spread over the slick blanket of ice covering the winding road. Even with the windows rolled up, I could still hear the wind whistling through the cracks at the top of the glass.

 

"For goodness sake woman, ease up on the gas!" Jennie yelled, holding on to the dashboard for dear life.

 

"This is your fault, I didn't even want to learn how to drive," I replied, ignoring her completely and swerved around another corner.

 

"Brake! Brake!" She continued to yell turning various shades of green as I narrowly avoided a cat wandering out into the road. Jennie swore loudly and yanked the handbrake up, causing her flashy Mercedes Benz to slide side to side before finally screeching to a halt. 

 

"What did you do that for?" I huffed angrily.

 

"You're driving skills leave a lot to be desired and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter