Tutoring Gone Wrong

Four Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Right," I started. I was sitting in my bedroom with none other than Lisa Manoban sitting only a seat cushion away from me.  

"When you're studying Romeo and Juliet, the thing to remember is themes. I wrote down these five and some examples from the story to use in the essay question. If you want me to explain it more, I can." I looked up from my notes to see Lisa staring straight at me with a dazed expression, her notebook unopened and unused lay next to her. 

“Lisa?” 

"Sorry, I wasn't listening." The dancer sat up and looked bored. "Can't we do something else besides this? We could be making better use of this sofa whilst no one else is here.” 

God give me the strength not to kill her. 

“You need to pass English to graduate and that means you need to concentrate.” 

“Trust me, I’m having no trouble concentrating.” She retorted, her tongue poking out to wet her lips as she looked me up and down. 

“On the work, not me,” I said dryly. 

Lisa shrugged. “I can’t help it. You’re hot.” 

I stood up. "Look, this is a waste of my time and yours. If you’re not going to listen then what’s the point?” 

"Sorry," Lisa mumbled out, albeit with a cheeky grin. "I'm just admiring my soulmate, surely there’s nothing wrong with that.” 

Haha. 

You might not think that in a minute. 

“About that,” I started, biting my lower lip briefly. “I need to talk to you about this soulmate thing.”

You’d think I’d be better at this by now. I’ve had to do it on two different occasions so it’s not like I haven’t had any practice. It just doesn’t get any easier. 

Come on Y/N, you can do this. 

“Look, Lisa, you aren’t my only soulmate. I have three other names on my wrist and it’s only fair that you know.” 

Lisa looked confused. “What do you mean?” I could hear a slight change in her tone of voice. 

“Well, your name is on my wrist but I also have Jennie, Jisoo and Chaeyoung’s on there too,” I replied cautiously. 

I may not be Lisa’s biggest fan but what happened next nearly killed me. Her eyes shifted to the side and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. As she blinked, they dripped from her eyelids and slid down her cheeks. She bit her lip tightly in an attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from ; my heart sank. 

Her lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of . “I need to go.” She said, hastily gathering her stuff and standing up. 

“Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter