Chapter 9

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a month since Donghae came back. But nothing changed. He was still giving Yoora cold shoulders and that saddened Yoora a lot. But she kept strong, knowing that she deserved it, deserved to be treated like that. Every day the same thing happened. Yoora was the only one who tried to make conversation with him. Donghae either ignored her, or gave her cold responses; it was either one of them.

They were like strangers now who happened to be in the same house. He was barely at home that sometimes Yoora didn’t even get to see him the whole day. She usually woke up after Donghae went to work, and when he was back from work, he would either lock up in his room or hang out with Eunhyuk even though the friend of his always nagged at him about his behavior. It was just a few times they did eat together in the house, and most of the time only silence engulfed the atmosphere between the two.

Yoora tried to sleep, shifting from left to right and from right to left, yet she still couldn’t sleep. Her stomach had grown so much in which from not looking obvious to looking very obvious in just a month that it made her feel uncomfortable to lie on the bed at whatever position she was in. She grunted in frustration. What made her feel even worst was the fact that it had been a few days she didn’t see his husband’s face and that made her miss him so ing much. A sigh escaped her lips. She tried to inhale the scent of Donghae through the pillow he used to use as it was one of the ways to make her easily fall asleep but nope. This time, it didn’t help her at all. She sighed for the umpteenth time as she got up sitting on the bed. If before, she always craved for food, but now she was craving for her husband; she was craving for her husband’s love, care, hugs, kisses and everything about him. She just really missed being so close to him.

‘Shall I?’ she bit her lower lip as she tried to find her courage at the idea that just crossed her mind.

After a while contemplating, she finally made her decision and carefully got off the bed, making her way out of the room. Once she reached in front of Donghae’s room, she slowly twisted the doorknob and her face brightened a little when she found out the door was unlocked. But her happiness quickly faded away and was replaced with nervousness.

‘What if he woke up and got mad at me?’ she thought to herself. She was hesitant for a bit and she even thought of returning back to her room but at the same time she was reluctant to do so. ‘Let’s just try for once.’ She gathered all her courage and slowly pushed the door open and silently walked into the room. A small smile crept on her lips when she saw Donghae sleeping soundly, laying on his side. She slowly and carefully approached the bed and climbed onto it. Once she did, she peeked at him to see if he was awake or not and felt relieved that he wasn’t. Though, she didn’t lay on the bed immediately. She took the opportunity to stare at his face which was lightened dimly by the moonlight. A soft smile took over her lips at the beautiful view in front of her. Staring at it for a few while more, she then leaned down and softly placed a kiss on his cheek.

“I love you, oppa,” she whispered softly even though she knew he wasn’t hearing it, and carefully laid herself beside him, facing his back. She then lifted her arm and very slowly wrapped her arm around him. She sighed in content. This was what she wanted ever since last month. This was what she was craving for. It had been a while since she felt the satisfaction she was feeling right now.

Not long after that, she drifted off to sleep with a smile on her lips.

Yoora woke up the next morning and found out that Donghae wasn’t laying beside her anymore. With that, she froze in her position. She had planned to wake up before him so that he wouldn’t know that she had sneaked into his room but unfortunately her plan didn’t go smoothly. He would surely scold her later. She pouted at the thought.

‘But where is he?’ she thought and looked around the room. That was when she heard something from the bathroom inside the room and she immediately knew that Donghae was currently showering. She took the opportunity to laze on the bed for a little while, still feeling sleepy and immediately stiffened in her position when she heard the door of the bathroom open. She swallowed the lump in and shut her eyes close, pretending to sleep.

Later, she heard him humming to a song as he was in the middle of putting on his clothes, getting ready to go to work. She unknowingly smiled hearing that with her eyes still closed. The next thing she knew, he suddenly stopped humming.

“What are you smiling at?”

Upon hearing that, her smile immediately vanished from her lips while her eyes still closed and her body froze. ‘He saw it?’ she gulped. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at him in a tad fear. She curled herself on the bed, fearfully clutching up a fistful of the blanket on her chest when he stared at her with a blank expression.

“Why were you sneaking in here last night?” he asked in monotone, looking away from her and buttoning up his shirt.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter