Chapter 20

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later...

“Yoora-sshi, you got a letter here,” Aunt Ha said, handing the letter that she got from the letter box outside the house to the pregnant woman who just came down from upstairs.

“Oh, thank you, auntie!” Yoora said and took the letter from the elder. While rubbing her swollen stomach, she carefully took a seat on the couch then opened the envelope. Once she took out the content of the envelope, her eyes instantly widened. A hand reached up to cup as tears instantly glistened in her eyes.

The content of the envelope wasn’t a letter like what she had expected but it was the pictures of her husband sleeping on the bed with a woman. And she recognized the woman so well. It was Donghae’s secretary, Jiyeon!

The hand that was holding the pictures was shaking badly. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Her heart was broken into a million pieces. It was impossible for Donghae to cheat behind her but what was laying in front of her eyes right now was clearly the proof. The proof that couldn’t be denied.

Suddenly, what had happened several days ago where Donghae didn’t come back home the whole night came into her mind. So that night he was not spending the night at Eunhyuk’s house but with this girl! And now finally she knew the truth. The truth that was laid behind the lies created by her own husband.

‘How could he do this to me? How could he? Maybe I was right all this time. This is his revenge for what I’ve done to him in the past,’ she thought to herself, tears wetting both her cheeks. With tears still rolling heavily on her cheeks, she headed upstairs to her bedroom.

“I’m home!” Donghae said as he entered the house. Usually Yoora would wait for him at the door to welcome him back home from office and he wondered why she didn’t do it today.

He lightheartedly walked further into the house and once he saw no one in the living room, he headed upstairs thinking that his wife was in the bedroom sleeping. Once he reached the bedroom, a smile instantly came over his lips upon seeing his wife was laying on the bed like what he had expected. Placing his briefcase on the table, he approached the bed and peeked over Yoora who looked peaceful with her eyes closed. Leaning in, he kissed her lovingly on the forehead and a frown instantly crept on his forehead when her forehead felt warm under his lips. He pulled away and placed his hand on her forehead only to find out later that she was burning.

With that, he rushed out of the bedroom and came back later with a small basin containing water and a small towel. Once he got the towel wet with the water in the basin, he softly placed the towel on her forehead to cool her fever down. Once he was done, he left her sleeping and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. Once the bathroom door shut close, Yoora’s eyes slowly opened before tears slowly trickled down her cheeks.

“Yeobo, wake up,” Donghae nudged her softly to wake her up. After a few times, she finally responded.

“Why?” she grumbled with a frown, her eyes still closed.

“Wake up and eat. Aunt Ha told me you haven’t eaten ever since lunch,” he said. He was sitting on the edge of the bed and was holding a tray containing a bowl of porridge and a glass of water.

“I’m not hungry,” she muttered in monotone without opening her eyes.

“You’re having fever. You need to eat. I’ve cooked porridge for you.”

“I told you I’m not hungry,” her voice turned colder as she pulled up the blanket over her head.

Donghae sighed and stared at her hopelessly. “Fine. I’ll place this porridge on the table. If you’re hungry, you can eat it okay?”

He was about to take a step to leave when he heard her saying something like, “Don’t pretend like you care.” He stopped and stared at her with confusion. ‘Why is she behaving differently today?’ he wondered to himself for a moment before he finally left the bedroom.

After a while, Yoora pulled the blanket down back, feeling breathless being inside it. She stared at the ceiling absentmindedly and that was when her stomach growled hungrily. She hadn’t eaten since lunch and now she was very hungry. She looked towards the bowl of porridge that Donghae had left for her on the bedside table and swallowed hard. But then she found herself deep in her own thoughts, obviously thinking back about the pictures that she had received this morning. And right after that, tears automatically brimmed in her eyes. Every time she remembered about it, her heart would be broken over and over. For now, she didn’t even want to look at his face or even be close to him. She felt disgusted.

She didn’t want to eat the porridge Donghae made for her. So she got up and got off the bed, strengthening herself to get downstairs and eat even though her whole body felt weak. Actually she didn’t even have any appetite to eat. She decided to eat just for the baby in the tummy.

Once she reached downstairs, she found Donghae watching television in the living room so she directly made her way straight to the kitchen where Aunt Ha was doing dishes. Donghae probably just had his dinner.

“Oh, Yoora sshi. I heard you’ve fever. Why are you here? You should take a rest,” Aunt Ha said after noticing Yoora sitting at the dining table.

“I'm hungry. I wanna eat,” Yoora said with a faint smile.

“Ahh. But didn’t Donghae just make you porridge?”

Yoora was silent for a while before she responded. “I don’t want porridge. I only want the food you cooked. What did you cook, auntie?” she looked over at the leftover food that was still on the dining table.

“I cooked bibimbap. Do you want it?”

“Neh.”

With that, Aunt Ha served her the food and Yoora thanked her. As she was eating, that was when Donghae who was about to head upstairs noticed his wife in the kitchen.

“Oh, jagiya. Why are you here?” he asked, approaching his wife.

Yoora didn’t reply but kept eating slowly.

Donghae felt a little offended that she ignored him but he still put a smile on his lips as he asked again, “You didn’t eat the porridge I made?”

Once again he was ignored. Auntie Yoora who heard the one-sided conversation briefly took a glance at them before she continued doing the dishes. She didn’t want to interfere with any of the problems the two were having.

Donghae pursed his lips. He wanted to ask her further but the fact that the question he wanted to ask was a little bit personal and Aunt Ha was there with them, he decided to ask her later. He caressed her hair tenderly but the second his hand touched her hair, she quickly dodged her head away from his touch. Donghae was a little bit surprised with her action but he decided to remain silent for now and left the kitchen with a heavy heart.

‘Why is she like that?’ he thought to himself as he made his way out of the kitchen. She never acted and treated him that way before. He had noticed her weird behavior ever since in the bedroom earlier where he had woken her up and told her to eat. But he thought it was because she was sick or her usual mood swings. The fact that she refused to eat the porridge he had made and decided to give him silent treatment and even avoid his touch, he somehow knew there was something wrong somewhere.

He tried to think if he had ever made her mad before he went to work that morning. But come to think of it, they even gave each other goodbye kisses as usual before he left for work. So why was she acting like this all of a sudden? He was confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter