Chapter 4

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were now no longer friends. They were now in a relationship. One of them was a boyfriend and the other was a girlfriend. However, nothing much changed though. Most of the time, they still treated each other like how they had treated each other when they were still friends. The only thing that changed now was their nickname for each other. No more Donghae-ah or Yoora-ah though sometimes it escaped their mouth without them realizing, especially Yoora. And of course it was Donghae who suggested something cheesy like that.

“Yoora ah, shall we call each other with different nicknames from now on?” Donghae grinned as he suggested that. At the time, they were hanging out at the fish pond inside Yoora’s house. It was one of their favorite places to meet up.

“Sure. What do you want me to call you?” Yoora said, looking at him briefly before she continued throwing fish food into the pond.

“Oppa.” His grin got wider.

“Mwoya~ We’re the same age though,” she playfully frowned in disgust.

“But I’m still three months older than you,” he insisted.

“I don’t want to."

“Whatever. I don’t care. You still have to call me oppa.”

“Whatever. I don’t care. I still don’t want to call you oppa,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“Yah!” Donghae scowled at her. “I’m going to be your husband soon. You’d better call me that from now on,” he playfully said in a warning tone.

Yoora was silent, contemplating a bit. “I’ll call you that after we get married,” she decided.

“Fine,” Donghae said, giving up. As long as she would call him oppa, that would definitely satisfy him. “So now your turn. What do you want me to call you?”

“Call me whatever you want,” she said casually, watching the fishes surrounding the food that she just threw to them.

“Can I call you…grandma?” A glint of amusement hinted in his eyes, especially when Yoora looked at him like he was nuts in response.

“Are you kidding me?” she looked at him in disbelief.

“What? You said I can call you whatever I want?”

“Aishh, call me by other names,” she urged.

“I don’t want to. ‘Grandma’ suits you a lot.”

Yoora turned to him with a glare. “Aish jinjja!!” She threw a few fish food towards his grinning face, only earning laughter from him.

Actually, there were a few more things that changed besides their nicknames. First, they would hold each other’s hand whenever they went out for dates. Donghae was the one who had initiated it first, in a shy manner, meanwhile Yoora had merely smiled shyly, allowing the unusual romantic skinship to happen between them.

Second, kisses. A lot of kisses happened after they got into a romance relationship. And like previously, Donghae had initiated this one too like a gentleman he was. The first time he had kissed her was when they had arrived in front of their bungalows after buying their wedding rings, on the day they decided to take their relationship to the next level.

“Bye, Donghae. See you next time,” Yoora said and was about to open the door to get off the car when suddenly Donghae held her arm, pausing her from doing anything. She turned to him and gave him a questioning look. Before she knew it, Donghae cupped her face in between his hands and the next thing she knew, he was leaning in and the moment his lips softly touched her forehead, her cheeks burning.

“Goodbye, jagiya (baby),” he said, smiling a little upon seeing her red cheeks. It was the first time for him to see her blushing that hard for him. It was just a forehead kiss though. But her red cheeks were as if he just kissed her on the lips.

“Hm…” That was her only reply as she bit her lower lip, hiding her smile from showing before she quickly opened the door and got off the car, being watched by Donghae until she got into her house.

The moment she arrived at her room, she sat on the bed and reminisced about what had just happened a while ago. Her lips slowly gave up and finally showed the shy smile that had been threatening to take over her lips. She placed her hand on her chest and felt her heart was still beating faster. It was the first time for her to feel such feelings from Donghae. And for the first time in forever, she saw Donghae as a man.

After that day, Donghae never lost his opportunity to kiss her every time they had a date. But there was something that was playing in Yoora’s mind lately.

Why did he never kiss her on the lips?

Jiyeon was emotionlessly informing Donghae about his schedule for that day while Donghae intently listened to her. Once she was done with the task, she quickly excused herself and was about to step away when she heard Donghae call her. She slowly turned around.

“Yes, sajangnim?” she responded.

“Can you help me by handing these invitation cards to all the staff here?” he asked, handing out thick pieces of wedding invitation cards of him and Yoora to her.

Jiyeon raised her eyebrows and took the cards from him without knowing what type of invitation card it was. When the cards were on her hands, that was when her eyes caught the word ‘wedding’ on it. She stiffened in her spot, staring at the topmost card.

“Those are my wedding cards. I would like to invite you and all the staff here to my wedding in the next two weeks,” Donghae informed her with a smile.

Jiyeon kept staring at one of the soft pink wedding cards and only after a while did she respond. “Yes. I would do like what you told me. C-Congratulations, sajangnim,” she tried to flash a smile at him in the middle of blinking back her tears. Even her congratulation for him didn’t come from her heart.

Donghae smiled broadly at her congratulations. “Thank you.”

"If there's nothing else, I'll take my leave now," she said, impatiently wanting to get off his sight.

“Wait," Donghae said. He tilted his head a little as he stared at her with a thoughtful expression. “Is it just me or you’ve been less cheerful these recent?” he asked, noticing her unusual antics. Usually she was the most cheerful person in the office. He had noticed it quite a while but only now he wanted to ask her about it. “Is there something wrong?” he added in concern.

“A-Aniyo, sajangnim. I’m okay. Maybe I was just a little bit tired. Yeah…” Jiyeon flashed him an awkward smile as she avoided his eyes.

Donghae observingly stared at her a little more before he slowly nodded. “Fine, then. You can go now,” he sent her off his office with a smile. Jiyeon bowed a little before she made her way out of the office.

She walked to her table that was located just in front of Donghae’s office and slouched down in her seat. She took one of the wedding cards and stared at the names of the future bride and groom which were located in the middle of it . Her eyes diverted from Donghae’s full name to the name that was written below it.

“Park Yoora…” she whispered and narrowed her eyes at the name as if she could see the owner of the name through it. “What a lucky girl you are," she murmured jealously.

In a blink of an eye, it was a week left before the wedding. Yoora was putting on some makeup on her face, getting ready to have a special dinner prepared by Donghae. Because of the special dinner that he mentioned, he told her to wear something nice – which made her wonder if all this time she wore something not nice. But anyways, she got an idea on what type of dinner Donghae was planning for them, so she decided to wear a red off-shoulders dress matching with a red stiletto, her hair was put into a bun and her fringes was neatly placed on her forehead, making her look cute and beautiful at the same time.

Seeing the romantic side of Donghae, it somewhat amused and amazed her at the same time. And that was because Donghae, whom she thought was anti-girls at school back then could be this romantic with her. Just imagine, throughout more than 15 years being friends with him, she had never even once seen this side of him before and suddenly...BOOM! He suddenly showed it off to her and of course she had a culture shock in return.

Checking her own appearance in front of the mirror for the last time, after she was satisfied with how she looked, she took her handbag and walked out of the room. Once she got out of the house, she found Donghae already waiting for her outside, leaning coolly against his sports car staring at the night sky. Without wasting any time, she made her way towards him, suddenly feeling excited to meet him especially after seeing him wearing a tuxedo from afar.

As he was engrossed staring at the bright stars in the sky, that was when he noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter