Chapter 1

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae let out a sigh of relief after finishing all the work that piled up on his table. He leaned back on the leather chair and closed his eyes. It wasn’t that long since he became the chairman of the company his father owned, Lee Corporation. Right after he was back from Australia after finishing his studies five months ago, his father decided to retire and Donghae immediately replaced him as the chairman of the company.

As he was deep in his own thoughts, the image of someone he really loved played in his mind. Her beautiful eyes, her pretty forehead, her small nose, her pink lips. He missed everything about her. It had been 5 years since he saw her, talked to her, hearing her sweet voice, seeing her smile. He could've sworn he missed her more than anything in this world.

'Yoora ah. How have you been? Do you still remember me? Do you have a boyfriend now?'

Those were the questions he kept on asking himself ever since 5 years ago, ever since these two best friends separated their ways because of their different paths in furthering their studies. The last question somehow made him sigh. Of course she would have a boyfriend. There was no way no man in the United Kingdom had a crush on her when she was that beautiful.

Even when they were still schooling back then, she had almost half of boys in the school having a crush on her, which always made him jealous. Even so, she had never had any relationship back then because she had wanted to focus only on her studies. That was one of the reasons why she was capable of getting an offer from Oxford University!

Donghae had wanted to follow her step furthering his studies in the same place as hers. But since he had gotten an offer from another university in Australia, he had to forget his desire to study in the same university as Yoora. After a month or two as they had tried to adapt to the new culture around them back then, they somehow had lost contacts. Moreover, when they got a bunch of assignments to handle.

Back then, Donghae also had many admirers. However, he never had his eyes on any girl other than Yoora and it was only her in his heart. But he never confessed to her not just because he had no guts to, but also because he didn't want to break the friendship they had held together for so long. Hard to believe it, but he started liking her ever since they were kids. She was his childhood friend since their houses were next to each other and she was the friend he played with every day. Not to mention, their parents were business partners, and that made her parents like his parents, and his parents were like hers. The two families had united for so long that they practically turned into one big family.

He still remembered how he had overheard their parents' conversation talking about their plan to marry him and Yoora once they graduated from universities. He was really happy back then to hear that. Not long after that, Yoora had happily told him that she got an offer from her dream university. She’d told him that when he was about to tell her his feelings for her after such a long time the feelings buried in his heart. Once she told him that, he decided to postpone what he was about to tell her because he thought his confession would make everything complicated. His heart was broken to hear the news. But he decided to wait. Five years wasn't that long – that was what he thought to calm himself down.

Throughout these five years, his heart never changed. His heart still wanted her and only her and he never opened his heart for other women other than her. Only her. He didn't try and never tried to love other girls. Because he only wanted her. He wanted her to be his girlfriend. He wanted her to be his wife. He wanted to have children with her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Only her, her and her. No one else.

It had been five years. And now he only had to wait for her to come back to her motherland, South Korea. He knew she would come back soon. Soon. And he couldn't wait for that 'soon' to come.

His train of thoughts was interrupted when his phone suddenly rang. He grabbed his phone from the table and immediately answered the call when he found his mom was the caller.

"Hello?" he started off.

"Hello. Donghae ah. Come back home now. I've a surprise for you~" her mother sang in excitement.

"Surprise?" he blinked in confusion.

"Yes, surprise~ Hurry up, okay?"

"Uhh…okay."

After the call ended, he stared at his phone with his furrowed brows. He was curious and wondered what the surprise his mom just mentioned was about. Without wasting any time, he got up on his feet and got his belongings before he slipped out the room.

His secretary, Park Jiyeon, immediately stood up from her seat when she saw Donghae getting out from his office.

“Are you leaving already, sajangnim?” Jiyeon asked cheerfully.

“Neh, Jiyeon sshi. See you tomorrow,” he smiled and friendly waved her goodbye.

Jiyeon waved back at him and eyed him adoringly until he disappeared from his sight.

“Is there any time you don’t look so handsome, Donghae sshi?” she asked dreamily, still looking at the place where she had last seen him. She had been working there as a secretary for almost one year, even before Donghae became the chairman. She managed to become Donghae’s father, Mr. Lee’s secretary temporarily before the elder decided to retire. And the moment her eyes laid on Donghae when it was his first day as chairman, she somehow knew that she had fallen in love with him. He was the reason why she felt enthusiastic every time she went to work. And his kindness and friendliness without any arrogance only made her admire him more. However, she only could admire him silently from afar. She didn’t dare to make bold moves because of the differences in their status.

Yuri, her colleague as well as her best friend, who happened to walk past Jiyeon’s table, looked at Jiyeon who was smiling like an idiot weirdly. She blinked and looked at the direction Jiyeon stared at and became more bewildered when there was no one there. Even when she approached her, Jiyeon seemed to not notice it.

Once she reached in front of Jiyeon’s table, she immediately hit the table. The loud sound that came from it caused Jiyeon to jump off her feet.

“Yah!” Jiyeon looked at Yuri in shock while rubbing her chest down, calming her heart down. “What are you doing here?” she asked, frowning at Yuri.

“Nothing. I saw you smiling like a fool just now that’s why I came here. Like seriously, what are you smiling at? You didn’t even notice me approaching you,” Yuri asked curiously.

“None of your business,” she mumbled and rolled off her eyes as she took a seat back, ignoring the latter.

Yuri scoffed. “By the way, where’s our boss? Has he left?” Yuri asked, peeking in the transparent glass window of Donghae’s office.

“Yeah,” Jiyeon nonchalantly answered, tidying up her table.

“Ahh, that’s why you were smiling like an idiot earlier,” Yuri nodded in understanding, knowing her best friend too well. She was the only one who knew about Jiyeon having a crush on their boss.

“Anyway, are you done? Let’s get home,” Jiyeon spoke after she was done tidying and was ready to check out. Office hours just ended.

“Oh right? Wait for a sec,” Yuri said and rushed to her table to take her bag.

Not long after that, they left the office.

 

"I'm home!" Donghae yelled as he stepped into the bungalow house. His steps paused in sudden the moment his eyes landed on a woman who was sitting on the couch in the living room with his mom. The woman was looking at him, so did his mom. They both were smiling at him while Donghae was stunned in his position, his eyes fixed on the woman whom he missed so much. Ever since five years ago.

"Surprise~!" Mrs Lee, Donghae's mom, exclaimed before she chuckled.

"Yoora…" he uttered the name barely in whisper as a smile slowly took over his lips, his eyes getting shiner.

"Donghae…" she said as she got up on her feet.

Donghae felt his knees weaken upon hearing her voice which he missed to hear so much, and the fact that the voice was calling for his name made his heart flutter.

Yoora opened her arms as she walked towards her long-time best friend and her action followed by Donghae. Once they reached in front of each other, they immediately went into each other’s arms. Tears started forming in their eyes as the longing they felt for each other overwhelmed their heart.

"I missed you so much," Donghae said as he tightened his hug, trying to hold back his tears from falling.

"I missed you more, Donghae ah," she said, a tear slid down her eye before she could even control it.

They hugged each other for a long time, drowning in their own feelings. Donghae's mom smiled and teared up a bit watching those two best friends who had been together for more than 15 years, had separated for 5 years, and now finally they were in each other's arms after 5 years separation. Even though Donghae never told anyone even his parents about his feelings for her, his parents somehow knew about it. Donghae had been too obvious. And they wondered how Yoora was still clueless about it when Donghae was clearly treating her neither like a friend nor a sister, but like a princess.

Donghae kissed her hair before he broke off the hug. He was stunned seeing how beautiful she had turned out to be within these five years long. Feeling his heart pound in his chest, he somehow knew that he was falling harder with her.

"You look...more beautiful than the last time I met you," he said without tearing his adoring gaze off her.

Yoora smiled, wiping her tears off her cheeks with the back of her hand. "You also look more handsome now. I thought you were someone else just now," she said and lightly punched him on the stomach.

"Ack!" He faked a groan. "Yah, you still have that habit?" he looked at her incredulously, eyes glinted with amusement.

"I think so," she giggled.

"You haven't changed one bit, have you? Wait, you have…" he noted as he scrutinized her from head to toe while Yoora looked at him questioningly. "You look shorter than the last time I met you."

"Yah!" she punched him lightly on the chest while Donghae laughed. "You're the one who is short. Your height is too short for a man," she stuck her tongue out at him and he did the same to her. Then, they laughed together.

That was how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter