Chapter 16

The Baby You're Pregnant With Isn't My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Yoora heard Jiyeon’s laughter during her phone call with Donghae that night, she decided to stop answering her husband’s calls. Donghae, on the other hand, was bewildered as it had been three days his wife didn’t answer his calls.

“Who are you calling, sajangnim?” Jiyeon asked when Donghae was restlessly holding his phone to his ear. They were currently waiting for their clients to arrive at the location they had dealt to meet. Usually, Donghae wouldn’t call his wife at this time. But since she never picked up his calls ever since a few days ago, he felt uneasy and worried for his wife.

“My wife. It’s been a few days since she answered my call,” he asked worriedly while giving Yoora another call.

“Well. Maybe she’s busy?” Jiyeon answered, hiding her smirk that was threatening to form on her lips.

“There’s no way she would be busy. She doesn’t even work.”

“Well, then maybe she’s sleeping?” she guessed again.

“That’s possible. But still, it’s impossible to not pick up my call for several days,” Donghae said in frustration.

“Well, maybe she wants to be alone for a while without anyone disturbing her?” she guessed once again, wanting him to stop talking and thinking about his wife.

“But she could pick up my call for at least once, right?” Donghae retorted.

Jiyeon merely sighed and shrugged her shoulders. Looking away, she discreetly smirked. She guessed his wife was sulking right now due to hearing her laughter through the phone call that day. And yes, she did it on purpose just to get Yoora jealous. And her plan obviously succeeded.

Yoora was carefully walking around the garden of the house, inhaling fresh morning air. Today was the last day Donghae would be in Busan which means this was the day Donghae would come back home. She was supposed to feel excited about it, but now she was having mixed feelings.

She never touched the intimate pictures of her husband with his secretary after the first time looking at it, yet she couldn’t get each of the pictures off her mind. What she couldn’t forget the most was the woman’s laughter that she had heard when she was having a phone call with Donghae a few days ago.

Whose wife would even be happy at the fact that her husband was with a beautiful woman alone in one room? Anything could happen, you know. She knew she had to trust her husband but the pictures were as if telling her everything that she didn’t know all this time.

As she was deep in her own thought, suddenly she noticed someone standing outside of the main gate, looking in her direction.

“Yes? Can I help you?” Yoora asked as she approached the man who was wearing sunglasses.

“Miss, someone over there told me to give you this,” the man spoke, pointing in some direction. He was holding a medium-sized box wrapped with a brown-colored wrapper.

As Yoora reached the gate, she looked in the direction of where the man pointed at and saw an unknown man, who was wearing a helmet and was sitting on his motorcycle, was looking in her direction from afar. He waved at her a little before he went away riding his motorcycle.

‘Who is it?’ Yoora thought to herself, staring at where she last saw the motorcycle man. She couldn’t recognize the man since he was wearing a helmet.

“Miss, how can I give you this?” The man with sunglasses voiced, snapping her out of her trance.

“Wait for a sec,” she pressed the button next to the main gate as the gate slowly slid open.

“Here,” The man handed the box to Yoora.

Yoora absentmindedly reached for the box and once her hands were ready to take it, the man seemed to hold the box tighter as if he didn't want her to take it. Yoora couldn’t help but look at the man in bewilderment. Before she could say anything, the next thing she knew, the man suddenly moved and pushed her, causing her to lose her balance and fell down onto the floor.

“Ouch!” she groaned, feeling full of pain on her lower body. While holding the pain, she managed to watch the man with sunglasses run away along with the box with blurry sight. In a second, came the motorcycle man earlier in front of the house. Before everything turned blank, she managed to see the man who held the box jumped on the motorcycle at the back seat before the motorcycle sped away. Red liquid could be seen dripping down her legs.

Finally, the last meeting had ended. Donghae smiled widely at the thought that he would finally be back home and meet his wife. Taking his phone out from his pocket, he checked on his phone to see 10 missed calls from an unknown number. The missed calls were made almost two hours ago. He unconsciously furrowed his eyebrows, wondering whose number it was. He had muted his phone throughout the whole meeting.

Then he noticed that he got a text from the same unknown number.

[Donghae sshi, this is Aunt Ha. I’m sorry to disturb you but there’s an emergency at home. Yoora fell down and now she’s in Seoul Hospital]

Donghae’s eyes widened upon reading the text and hurriedly rushed to the hotel he stayed in to pack all his clothes before he flew to Seoul.

Once he arrived at Seoul, he straight away went to Seoul Hospital. He rushed into the hospital with his luggage and went straight to the ward Yoora was placed in after getting the information from the receptionist.

Once he reached in front of the ward, he tried catching his breath. After his breath calmed down a little, he opened the door to see Aunt Ha was seated on the chair beside the bed Yoora was laying on.

“Oh, Donghae sshi…” Aunt Ha immediately stood up and bowed when she noticed Donghae coming in.

“How is she, auntie?” Donghae asked as he approached the bed.

“She’s fine. The baby is also fine. But she still hasn’t got conscious yet,” Aunt Ha replied.

“Thank God,” Donghae heaved a sigh of relief to hear that both Yoora and the baby were fine.

After that, Aunt Ha excused herself to leave, leaving the wife and husband alone. Donghae thanked her before she left.

After Aunt Ha left, Donghae took a seat on the chair the elder used to sit earlier and softly took Yoora’s hand in his. Before he knew it, tears rolled down his cheeks. He leaned his head down and rested his lips on her hand that he was holding as he sobbed softly.

“Oppa…”

The soft voice made Donghae immediately snap his head up and his face brightened when he found Yoora was awake.

“Jagiya…” Tears continued to roll down his cheeks as he stood up and immediately gave her a hug. Yoora hugged him back, a small smile on her lips.

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked once he pulled away from her and sat back on the chair.

She nodded. Seeing his tears, her eyes automatically glistened with tears as well, especially when what had happened before she fell unconscious replayed in her mind.

“Oppa, is our baby fine?” she asked, rubbing her still swollen stomach.

Donghae nodded with a small smile. “Our baby is fine, darling,” he replied, caressing her hair.

“Thank God,” she let out a sigh of relief, her hand rubbing sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter